Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Thinning Hair Restoration Solution?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Freshman Poster

Re: Thinning Hair Restoration Solution?

Post by onethousandknives » January 2nd, 2017, 4:09 am

To me the hypothesis that makes most sense regarding hair loss is calcification. This would explain why some people with high DHT/androgen levels don't have any hair loss, and why some with low levels have tons of hair loss. The reason DHT and androgens cause hair loss isn't inherent to androgens themselves killing the hair follicle. What it is is androgens cause more calcium uptake in all tissues, thus why testosterone is needed for bone health. But the problem is with too much soft tissue calcification, you calcify your blood vessels, then can get a heart attack. So to some extent, the calcium fortified foods/etc can be quite bad, as it's excess calcium to calcify the tissues after a certain point. The other thing seems to be the magnesium, vitamin K2, etc, ratios, to again, prevent calcification. I think the bigger thing too and why we see hair loss so prevalently in USA is actually fluoride, again, causing calcification issues, also that fluoride causes hypothyroidism, and hypothyroidism causes hair loss as well.

That said, I take nettle root to boost free testosterone, and it seems to help for that, but I do notice a bit less hair shedding. Not that I've gone bald or anything, but I've finally at 25 developed a widow's peak, haha. So nettle root I think is a real option as well for something to take that likely won't mess you up like finasteride/etc. The PFS stories make it sound scary as hell.

Honestly, the Vick's Vapor rub of even something like capsaicin cream seems like a good idea, in that it would in fact get blood flow to the area. I will try to remember that a few years down the line.