What's your best weight loss tip?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What's your best weight loss tip?

Post by yick »

Eating salads for me, I have tried very low carb - not full keto - but I never felt right with it and I do like carbs! I just don't eat as many as I used to.

I now enjoy a salad these days and make a Mediterranean salad - cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, artichokes cubed and diced as small as possible, put in a big bowl and season well and put a copious amount of extra virgin olive oil - I always make four days worth per chopping up session which is about the time it lasts and it goes with absolutely everything - burgers, sardines, tuna, grilled white fish you can even put spam or corned beef or hot dogs and it will taste great especially with some tahini sauce - I always used to be one of those who went 'salad - yuck' but now I eat them all the time, after four days of salad I have a pasta, rice or bulgur meal and then I am back on the salads - I have oatmeal in the morning but sometimes I have bacon and eggs or pastrami and eggs or sometimes with fried tomatoes - I eat amazingly well and it is healthy.

I think people have got out of the habit of cooking because they don't have to - I know people who just eat takeaways, eat out or eat microwaved stuff and there is no effort to it - but the sooner you can get into the habit of chopping vegetables up and eating them regularly then the better your health is going to be.

Exercise - running, weights - whatever you can do long term - if it is cycling, skipping a rope, walking, punching a bag - do what you like to do.

Intermittent fasting is an excellent weight loss tool but whatever you do is to eat less or eat different than what you used to that got you fat in the first place, the main culprits are easy to identify - one thing I have stopped totally is sugary drinks - including beer and wine - that is just liquid calories with no use at all.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

HappyDany
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyDany »

publicduende wrote:
December 29th, 2023, 6:25 am
I have started a carnivore diet about 4 weeks ago. That is, only animal/fish meat and fats and certain low-carb dairy products (eggs and butter) are allowed. Nothing else, nothing plant based, even a simple coffee or tea.

Apart from shedding at least 7 kilos while keeping my belly constantly stuffed with yummy foods, including steaks, smoked salmon and cold cuts, and omelettes, the diet has resulted in me having zero cravings about carbs and sugars and low appetite. Case in point, for the past 2 weeks at least I have been able to skip breakfast and lunch and have a single daily meal, a dinner. Said dinner has been protein-only, with a couple of cheating moments when I savoured a small slice of panettone (Italian Christmas cake) and a coffee or tea.

Keto has been hailed as a great diet...but carnivore looks like the ultimate diet. Check it out!
Hello, @publicduende. I found your experience with the carnivore diet fascinating. The weight loss and appetite control results are impressive. As a 45-year-old, I'm interested in trying carnivore but also a bit cautious about potential health impacts at my age. Did you consult your doctor or a nutritionist before starting? I want to feel my best while taking a mindful approach. I'm looking to enhance my health and wellness, but safety is also a priority. Thank you in advance.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

HappyDany wrote:
January 10th, 2024, 11:33 pm
Hello, @publicduende. I found your experience with the carnivore diet fascinating. The weight loss and appetite control results are impressive. As a 45-year-old, I'm interested in trying carnivore but also a bit cautious about potential health impacts at my age. Did you consult your doctor or a nutritionist before starting? I want to feel my best while taking a mindful approach. I'm looking to enhance my health and wellness, but safety is also a priority. Thank you in advance.
Thanks for appreciating my post. So far I haven't got any repercussions from ditching carbs and sugars. I didn't mention, I do get a Vitamin C + zinc supplement (Berocca) in the morning. I am going to be 50 next June and I feel great. Excellent sharpness of mind, good sleep quality, good energy when I work out. In short, I have never felt better since I started this diet. And to think that I am still in my high 90s, in terms of weight. I still have about 15 more kilos to lose.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

publicduende wrote:
January 11th, 2024, 1:35 am
I didn't mention, I do get a Vitamin C + zinc supplement (Berocca) in the morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Ginerbell
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginerbell »

Drink plenty of water with lemon!
Midnightbast
Freshman Poster

Post by Midnightbast »

To drink a lot of water and not to eat lots of sweets
milevaa
Freshman Poster

Post by milevaa »

One of the best weight loss tips is to focus on creating sustainable habits rather than quick fixes. Incorporating a balanced diet, regular exercise, and staying hydrated are key. Also, consider talking to your healthcare provider about any supplements or medications that may support your weight loss journey. Canadian pharmacy https://www.canadapharmacy.com/ offer a variety of options and professional guidance to help you reach your goals safely and effectively.
jeniferbet
Freshman Poster

Post by jeniferbet »

a lot of water and sport to be honest I dont like long term diet its make be so bored i found for myself good way to be in shape https://betterme.world/articles/2-day-fast-weight-loss/,i just observe if i need to loose some kilos and then use my 2 days diet,its helps me and everybody is happy