Calling all natural homemade remedy fanatics

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Calling all natural homemade remedy fanatics

Post by w.p.o. »

Vinegar is one of the best hair conditioning (My hair was so soft, I had to check the mirror to see if my hair was still there!). It also makes a great foot soak. 20 minutes everyday for a month and...smooth as silk and soft as a woman's a$$!
Lemon rectifies discoloration and helps even skin tone (caution: stay out of the sun for at least 5 days).
Ginger is great for a cold. Highly antibacterial, antifungal and full of anti-inflamation properties, it works wonder with aczema, acne and other breakouts. Everyday for a month, and my hair hasn't been healthier.
Potatoes is great for the skin. Nothing gets rid of rashes faster. Got a rash? Cut a potatoe in half and wipe the juice on the rash/breakout. When the juice is exposed to the air, it turns into one of those substances we can't pronounce you see on the side of the over-the-table medicines. Twice a day for 3 days and it's gone! It may take longer for others, but for some reason it's always on the 3rd day for me.
Extra virgin olive oil is 10 times better than lotion. The saying goes "If you can eat/swallow it, you can wear it" rings true.
Extra virgin coconut oil, almond oil, avacado oil, seseme oil, walnut oil, grapeseed oil also beats lotion by several miles.

Natural homemade remedies will always be a staple in my life since I don't trust that over the counter $hit we see in stores. To many side affects (written and NOT written on the label). Any other Homemade fanatics out their? Tell your stories. Bring your recipes.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Calling all natural homemade remedy fanatics

Post by Jester »

w.p.o. wrote:Vinegar is one of the best hair conditioning (My hair was so soft, I had to check the mirror to see if my hair was still there!). It also makes a great foot soak. 20 minutes everyday for a month and...smooth as silk and soft as a woman's a$$!
Lemon rectifies discoloration and helps even skin tone (caution: stay out of the sun for at least 5 days).
Ginger is great for a cold. Highly antibacterial, antifungal and full of anti-inflamation properties, it works wonder with aczema, acne and other breakouts. Everyday for a month, and my hair hasn't been healthier.
Potatoes is great for the skin. Nothing gets rid of rashes faster. Got a rash? Cut a potatoe in half and wipe the juice on the rash/breakout. When the juice is exposed to the air, it turns into one of those substances we can't pronounce you see on the side of the over-the-table medicines. Twice a day for 3 days and it's gone! It may take longer for others, but for some reason it's always on the 3rd day for me.
Extra virgin olive oil is 10 times better than lotion. The saying goes "If you can eat/swallow it, you can wear it" rings true.
Extra virgin coconut oil, almond oil, avacado oil, seseme oil, walnut oil, grapeseed oil also beats lotion by several miles.

Natural homemade remedies will always be a staple in my life since I don't trust that over the counter $hit we see in stores. To many side affects (written and NOT written on the label). Any other Homemade fanatics out their? Tell your stories. Bring your recipes.
Great post, thanks!

My barber told me my hair was getting thin in a spot, so I started the diluted ACV rinse every now and then. I leave it on, the smell goes away in an hour or so. Eliminates itchy scalp for a few days.

Also I occasionally groom my hair with coconut oil. Relief from itchy scalp is instant.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Post by w.p.o. »

Spray onion juice in your hair, slip on a shower cap and towel on your head before bed. You can try garlic juice, but it can really heat things up (my scalp was sore to the touch for 3 days cause I left it in too long). Wash out in the morning and apply either olive/coconut/grapeseed/walnut/seseme/avacado/almond oil in your hair. You can also apply essential oils (rosemary, thyme, cedarwood, etc) to the oils. You'll have people asking you 'how do you get your hair so soft and shiny' in no time.

Baking soda makes the best exfoliator. Pour some baking soda in an empty container and add some water to create a paste. You want it to be thick not runny. Scrub your body with the paste, then rinse off (obviously). SMOOTH....AS....SILK! If you have access to a sauna (preferably an infared sauna in which the heat waves penetrates the skin), do the sauna after the body scrub. Shower with warm water to keep the pores open (no need to use soap as you have just cleanse yourself from the inside out - and exfoliated before the sauna). Dry off and apply the oils all over your body; including your hair.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

At the slightest hint of cold, my wife makes me a big pot of ginger soup. I am always perfectly fine the next day.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Post by w.p.o. »

The_Adventurer wrote:At the slightest hint of cold, my wife makes me a big pot of ginger soup. I am always perfectly fine the next day.
Ginger soup? Hmm. I'll try it. I love it in my tea. Scrape the skin off, rinse, cut it into chunks (resembling coins), throw them in the mug, put in the teabag, pour the hot water and enjoy (no sugar). Add some cold water if it's too hot. Also makes a good aphrodisiac.
livefreeordie
Freshman Poster

Post by livefreeordie »

dont forget activated charcoal, works amazingly well for skin infections esp any kind of genital infections etc , as well as diarrhea and internal cleansing