Honey: Bacteria's Worst Enemy

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Honey: Bacteria's Worst Enemy

Post by jamesbond »

Honey is a supercharged bacteria-killing powerhouse!

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Honey: Bacteria's Worst Enemy

Post by Winston »

Nice. But how do I take advantage of honey's anti-bacterial properties? The only ways I know to consume it are to either mix it with water, or put it on waffles, pancakes and bread. Is there any other way to eat honey? Eating it directly is too sweet of course. Why are the choices so limited?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Yes, but it must be raw honey, not the processed crap that is filtered and watered down. Processed honey is next to worthless in terms of anti-bacterial properties.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 9:16 pm
Nice. But how do I take advantage of honey's anti-bacterial properties? The only ways I know to consume it are to either mix it with water, or put it on waffles, pancakes and bread. Is there any other way to eat honey? Eating it directly is too sweet of course. Why are the choices so limited?
Since you must use raw honey to reap the health benefits (not the watered down and filtered crap), it usually comes in spreadable form. I add it to my tea, spread it with butter on my toast, and add it to my hot oatmeal.

RAW, UNFILTERED HONEY ONLY!! But infants and very small children should not eat raw honey because the trace amounts of botulinum can actually harm or kill them.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How do you know if the honey is raw? Will it say "raw" on it? What do you look for on the label? Do typical American grocery stores sell it?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 11:18 pm
How do you know if the honey is raw? Will it say "raw" on it? What do you look for on the label? Do typical American grocery stores sell it?
The labeling should show "raw and unfiltered" which crystalizes into a cloudy mass and spreads like a paste. Processed honey does not and it remains thin and clear. The best raw honey comes from farmers' markets or specialty stores, but you can also find it at natural food stores like Whole Foods or Fresh Mart.

By the way, I took your advice and started taking chlorella and moringa. I don't feel any difference, but I take all the help I can get keeping my immune system in tip top shape.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Chlorella and moringa don't necessarily make you feel better. But they keep you from getting sick or weak. If you were sick for instance, you'd feel the difference. As long as you don't get sick, it has done its job.

What kind of chlorella do you take? Tablets or powder? Do you take at least 3g? Did you get it from a quality source?

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 9:16 pm
Chlorella and moringa don't necessarily make you feel better. But they keep you from getting sick or weak. If you were sick for instance, you'd feel the difference. As long as you don't get sick, it has done its job.

What kind of chlorella do you take? Tablets or powder? Do you take at least 3g? Did you get it from a quality source?
I take broken cell wall chlorella from the Sunfood Company which I bought at Whole Foods. I take around 2.5g to 3g.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 11:46 pm
Winston wrote:
The labeling should show "raw and unfiltered" which crystalizes into a cloudy mass and spreads like a paste. Processed honey does not and it remains thin and clear. The best raw honey comes from farmers' markets or specialty stores, but you can also find it at natural food stores like Whole Foods or Fresh Mart.

By the way, I took your advice and started taking chlorella and moringa. I don't feel any difference, but I take all the help I can get keeping my immune system in tip top shape.
Does chlorella and moringa come in capsule form like most supplements?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Light wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 11:50 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 11:46 pm
Winston wrote:

Does chlorella and moringa come in capsule form like most supplements?
Yes, but you can also find them in caplets and powder form too.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 9:16 pm
Nice. But how do I take advantage of honey's anti-bacterial properties?
The best honey is NZ Manuka honey. Google it. You take it on an empty stomach a couple of tablespoons at a time or rub it on sores or wounds, which on some patients have healed where antibiotic ointments have failed. Same with normal honey to some extent. We remember my old honey beer thread:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20233
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Bacteria cannot live on any form of concentrated sugar, due to osmotic pressure, which sucks water from bacteria cells, causing them to burst. That's why sugar cubes can be left exposed in a sugar bowl for decades, untouched by flies or bacteria. Osmotic pressure is same reason salt or sugar can be used to preserve meat or fish, either dried or very highly concentrated salt/sugar solution. Honey may have other properties, but sugar is the key.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Shemp wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 9:54 am
Bacteria cannot live on any form of concentrated sugar, due to osmotic pressure, which sucks water from bacteria cells, causing them to burst. That's why sugar cubes can be left exposed in a sugar bowl for decades, untouched by flies or bacteria. Osmotic pressure is same reason salt or sugar can be used to preserve meat or fish, either dried or very highly concentrated salt/sugar solution. Honey may have other properties, but sugar is the key.
If that's the case, why not use sugar and candy and chocolates for anti-bacterial benefits too? lol

Btw, how are you supposed to store honey? In a cupboard or pantry right? Not in the fridge. But in Asia, if you do that, ants always come and swarm over the bottle. Because Asia is ant and insect infested. That's one of the downsides of Asia, so it's hard to enjoy nature and the outdoors.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi folks,
I got my own online health store now from iherb, so you can use it to get any of the above mentioned health supplements or superfoods. International shipping on this site is very low, and if your order is over $40, then international shipping from America is FREE, unlike Amazon. So if you live abroad, you'll definitely want to consider using this site. If you order anything, please use my store link below so I can earn some commission from it. The prices will be the same. Also, on my page below, below my logo, are a list health supplements I recommend that will boost your immune system and keep you healthy so you don't get sick while abroad or traveling. Happy browsing.

https://www.iherb.com/me/happierabroad

Raw honey products.

https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=raw%20honey