Should people avoid eating pork?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Should people avoid eating pork?

Post by Tsar »

Muslims and devout Jews both do not eat pork. Pork is the domesticated meat with the most probability of having parasites...

Do you think it is smart for all humanity to stop eating pork?

Obviously, it won't happen, but should the smart people avoid eating pork (especially wild boar)?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Re: Should people avoid eating pork?

Post by TruthSeeker »

Pork in the O.T. was considered an unclean meat. Actually there are other types meat and seafood that was also forbidden.

In the N.T. theoretically everything is allowed except blood. I was surprised to see that some people actually drink blood but wouldn't that also apply to a steak cooked rare?

Acts 15:20

I think you need to apply common sense. If I saw a raw piece of meat out here I wouldn't pick it up and start eating it.

Today's farms have better standards. The way they raise their animals. So yes, I would eat a good pork chop cooked well done or have bacon and eggs.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

When I get sick I eat pork chops, it makes me feel better within a few hours because its full of vitamins.

Freezing pork before cooking it will kill most parasites. Steam cooking pork should kill all parasites if any are present.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Taco wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 9:08 pm
When I get sick I eat pork chops, it makes me feel better within a few hours because its full of vitamins.

Freezing pork before cooking it will kill most parasites. Steam cooking pork should kill all parasites if any are present.
Just an additional note-- do not rely on freezing to kill germs in pork. If you are going to eat pork, definitely cook it 'well done' no matter how you cook it.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

TruthSeeker wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 8:07 am
In the N.T. theoretically everything is allowed except blood. I was surprised to see that some people actually drink blood but wouldn't that also apply to a steak cooked rare?
Acts says to abstain from things strangled and from blood. Meat is to be slaughtered so the life-blood can flow out of it. As far as I know, US slaughterhouses slaughter meat. The Jews have other customs, such as soaking the meat in water for half an hour, salting it and letting it drain for so long, washing it so many times. Or grilling is another option to reduce the time of the procedure.

The Old Testament told the Israelites not to eat the Passover raw.

God gave Noah, the ancestor of mankind, creeping things to eat, but not the blood. Then Israel, who was given laws to distinguish them from other nations, was told not to eat certain meats.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

MrMan wrote:
June 5th, 2021, 10:26 am
TruthSeeker wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 8:07 am
Acts says to abstain from things strangled and from blood. Meat is to be slaughtered so the life-blood can flow out of it. As far as I know, US slaughterhouses slaughter meat. The Jews have other customs, such as soaking the meat in water for half an hour, salting it and letting it drain for so long, washing it so many times. Or grilling is another option to reduce the time of the procedure.

The Old Testament told the Israelites not to eat the Passover raw. Maybe raw lamb was one of their dishes.

God gave Noah, the ancestor of mankind, creeping things to eat, but not the blood. Then Israel, who was given laws to distinguish them from other nations, was told not to eat certain meats.