How to look like a male model

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How to look like a male model

Post by Cornfed »

So I think I have a reasonable amount of muscle to be going on with now and will concentrate on conditioning. It is good to know you can get in reasonable shape with just a few simple at home exercises. After being weak for years it feels good to have a layer of extra muscle, like retrieving something you should have had all along.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Time to start slaying senoritas. Bulking down just a tad is probably optimal for that project.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 7:51 pm
So I think I have a reasonable amount of muscle to be going on with now and will concentrate on conditioning. It is good to know you can get in reasonable shape with just a few simple at home exercises. After being weak for years it feels good to have a layer of extra muscle, like retrieving something you should have had all along.

That's an impressive transformation brother. I'm glad to see you fit and strong. I am not sure however if I agree with the premise that any of this helps you look like a "male model"... you look more like, a bouncer. A male model typically isn't all that muscular, just lean, tall, and facially handsome with great hair, some stubble, 'hunter eyes' and a solid jawline.

If you just add a lot of bulk and muscle and become physically strong and fit, you look like a wrestler or a fighter, some tough guy construction worker. It likely boosts your confidence and overall mental health, makes you feel focused, more energetic, and likely boosts sexual health and function as well so its a good thing overall.

How to look like a model? You can't, really. You can only really look like one if you already have pretty solid underlying genetics. Plus a model-looking dude tends to be a bit more graceful, less of a white version of Oddjob from James Bond physique. You kinda look like a really buff Mini-Me from the Austin Powers movies.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 8:39 pm
That's an impressive transformation brother. I'm glad to see you fit and strong. I am not sure however if I agree with the premise that any of this helps you look like a "male model"...
When I started the thread I was looking at YouTube fitness influencer stuff, so that is the type of male model I was thinking of rather that the traditional upscale clothing model. Not that I look that much like one of them at the moment, but that look would be theoretically attainable to a wider variety of people.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 8:50 pm
When I started the thread I was looking at YouTube fitness influencer stuff, so that is the type of male model I was thinking of rather that the traditional upscale clothing model. Not that I look that much like one of them at the moment, but that look would be theoretically attainable to a wider variety of people.
I am basically doing the same thing but for the "traditional human clothing rack" sort of look. Which works for me as I'm relatively lazy and all I had to do was just do some push-ups and stretches, drink a ton of water and limit my calorie intake drastically. Its coming along nicely so far. I think this aesthetic works for you. Hope it'll help you land a nice Latina lady one of these days. :D
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Cornfed wrote:

I am desperately trying to shed a good 15 kilos (the 2-year pandemic lockdown wasn't kind to me) and I know how hard and how much discipline it takes to be in shape post-45. So kudos to you, @Cornfed, your no-BS method worked out very well!

In terms of looking like a male model, as @MarcosZeitola said, you really don't want to look like those thin, slightly effeminated male models who do fashion shows. Those buffed-up shoulders and upper arms are probably much more appropriate for your age and for your sense of traditional, uncompromised masculinity your Internet persona seems to uphold.

I don't know where you are now but, if you're still in hyper-feminist NZ, your last step is to get the phuck out pronto!
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I don't mean to diminish Cornfed's accomplishments, but this is clearly a cast of genetic propensity to bulk up. There is a place in nature for such people, especially in cold wet climates where protein used to be plentiful (such as Scotland in olden days when population was low enough to allow frequent beef eating). Genetics like Cornfed would do very badly in conditions which require endurance in hot weather with limited food supplies. If you have the latter genetics (which is far more common than Cornfeds, especially in southern European people), then the natural well-conditioned physique is that of a tennis player and adding the amount of muscle Cornfed added will be next to impossible without steroids.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

On the subject of what a male model should look like by Youtube fitness influencer standards, the tacitly agreed upon object of "fitness" for men seems now to be achieving their "sarms goblin" type of aesthetic. This is where you start with the foundation of a skinny, fit looking teenaged boy and then add a layer of muscle all over that doesn't really look like it belongs there and is distributed as one would spread peanut butter on bread. It is not a bad look and is at least something the average person can work towards.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Cornfed wrote:

Nice amount of muscle mass there!

You actually have a rather kind and earnest looking expression on your face in the pic, which took me by surprise, but that's some solid beef and brawn. :mrgreen:

Re: the discussion on what's meant by "male model," definitely go with the 80s action movie alpha male look, pay no attention to fashion standards in the age of globohomo. Brad Pitt just showed up at some big event wearing a brown linen dress, ah nevermind, don't get me started. :lol:

I think I remember a pic of you in shades taken from a side angle that I think I noticed on your blog (back when I first discovered "Cornfed" as a newer lurker on here) that looked pretty badass. 8)
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Shemp wrote:
August 27th, 2022, 12:48 am
I don't mean to diminish Cornfed's accomplishments, but this is clearly a cast of genetic propensity to bulk up. There is a place in nature for such people, especially in cold wet climates where protein used to be plentiful (such as Scotland in olden days when population was low enough to allow frequent beef eating). Genetics like Cornfed would do very badly in conditions which require endurance in hot weather with limited food supplies. If you have the latter genetics (which is far more common than Cornfeds, especially in southern European people), then the natural well-conditioned physique is that of a tennis player and adding the amount of muscle Cornfed added will be next to impossible without steroids.
He does look like a genetic mesomorph to some degree so that's true in part, but the same general methods he's using do still work for those of us who are less naturally mesomorphic, even if there's not quite as much mass from comparable efforts. I wish I was more mesomorphic with Gary Strydom potential, but the lean, tall muscular look Frank Zane made famous for those of us who are more ectomorphic (more or less) is also good, and I was able to add a lot of muscle with basic compound lifts and taking the diet and nutrition part of the equation seriously.

It's also pretty cool he did this just using kettlebells.

Lately I've been experimenting with way higher reps and lighter weight to dodge twinges and pains where I have some old injuries that are a recurring nuisance, and it seems to be working pretty well. I also personally find the higher reps fun, because you can keep going on a long time enjoying the burn for an extended period long past what you could do using enough heavy weight to only be able to do the traditional 8-12 reps or whatever.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

WilliamSmith wrote:
August 27th, 2022, 4:35 pm

You actually have a rather kind and earnest looking expression on your face in the pic, which took me by surprise.
Oh, I don't think Corny's quite the misanthrope he makes himself out to be. More like a skilled satirist working in the Swiftian (A Modest Proposal) metier. The only way to counter the ZOG is with dismissive, contemptuous humor. You can't address their truth inversion as if it's actually serious. Corn, correct me if I'm wrong. Genuine, heart-felt misanthropy is certainly a justifiable position in our current predicament.

To answer PD's question, Corny fled New Zealand for the Mexico highlands quite a while back, just before Kiwi insanity reached an apogee.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Step 1: Genetics
Step 2: Hard work

There are no other steps.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

1. Take a picture of me.
2. Go to a plastic surgeon with the picture.

Warning, not all models are good-looking. :)
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

After I lose another 10-15 lb of bodyfat I think I will be pretty much there with a physique I'll want to keep forever. People say not being fat past 40 has to involve illegal stimulants, but I hope to do it with just a carnivore diet. Does anyone have any tips for losing the last few pounds?

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Question for Cornfed or anyone else who has dabbled in, say, the paleo-to-carnivore spectrum of dietary regimens: Is it common to have less, shall we say, residue post-defecation when you eliminate grains and potatoes from your diet? If so, I'm going to save a bundle on toilet paper, given experiences to date. A truly remarkable difference. Is that good or bad? Certainly good for an odor standpoint. Apologies for the crappy subject and I hope it doesn't catch anyone while they're eating, but I'm very curious, given that I haven't heard this named as one of the benefits by the paleo-to-carnivore evangelists.

As for your question above, Corny, obviously you can shave off a few pounds with either aerobics or HIIT anaerobics. Run, bike, sprints, etc. Shouldn't decrease the muscle mass as long as you keep up the protein intake, and don't overdo the weight-loss part.