Help me become a fitness guru

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Help me become a fitness guru

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
May 31st, 2023, 6:57 am
I want to become a fitness guru based on the following premise:

The body will adapt to do its daily routine in the most efficient way possible in a whole body, holistic manner.

Here are some implantations of this way of thinking. Suppose we want to be lean and muscular. Most training programs people do are sending the body mixed messages. Suppose you try to get lean and muscular by rowing. You are telling your body to gain muscle, yes, but you are also telling your body to gain fat, as it would supply more ballast to make you row more efficiently. Of course you could override this by going on a calorie restricted diet, but that would suck. A better way would be to select an exercise, say climbing a rock face, which would tell the body to both gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. This would cause the body to, for example, regulate your appetite so you wouldn't have to struggle with dieting. Or at least that is my premise.

So with this in mind, how do we design a daily routine to get lean and muscular? A few thought are:
Bodyweight only exercises, both aerobic and anaerobic at the same time, whole body workouts with whole body exercises with the body moving through space several times a week. Within the context of this callisthenic workout, we would focus on muscle building rather than balance. If you do separate aerobic exercise, something like walking up hills would be ideal.

Some questions with this arise:
1. What is a good name for this concept? Maybe "Form Follows Function Training"?
2. How could I spin this concept, which I have just explained above, out into a media empire?
3. What are some ways to monetise the concept?
Is your idea that if doing something for which it is advantageous to be light (e.g. rock climbing) that your body won't put on weight? If your body knows that, then wouldn't it know that being too heavy might sink a rowboat?

You had big muscles in a picture you posted. Did you ever get as lean and cut as you were trying to do?

I've got some advice for if you get to the stage to make videos. Don't use the 'n' word or make any derogatory comments about blacks or Jews.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 7:30 am
Is your idea that if doing something for which it is advantageous to be light (e.g. rock climbing) that your body won't put on weight? If your body knows that, then wouldn't it know that being too heavy might sink a rowboat?
Yes, so you would typically not be disgustingly fat, but still not what you want. Hence people gravitating to that would not be happy with the results, get discouraged and give up.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Cornfed wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 7:37 am
MrMan wrote:
Yes, so you would typically not be disgustingly fat, but still not what you want. Hence people gravitating to that would not be happy with the results, get discouraged and give up.
Maybe you should teach people how to do that upside down against the wall pushup thing in one of your videos instead. People get bored easily and that's a cool trick.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 7:42 am
Cornfed wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Maybe you should teach people how to do that upside down against the wall pushup thing in one of your videos instead. People get bored easily and that's a cool trick.
Apparently people like Chris Heria make a fortune doing seminars teaching exactly that. People are like giant toddlers now. I'd like to do a bit more though.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Cornfed wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 7:50 am
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 7:42 am
Cornfed wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Apparently people like Chris Heria make a fortune doing seminars teaching exactly that. People are like giant toddlers now. I'd like to do a bit more though.
Unfortunately People are toddlers mentally now and decades of media/ corporate/ educational "infantilization", "zombification" process has taken a toll on the collective psyche of the entire population. People now have attention span of a gold fish and never think pass 8th grade. In addition, Tiktok and instagram doesn't really help in mass enlightenment. Unfortunately for you and me, in order to make money, we have to sell to those demographics just like Chris Heria... It's a brave new world we live in.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Cornfed wrote:
June 25th, 2023, 4:28 pm
Do we think people would sort of get what I am driving at with videos like this? It seems like a fairly simple idea.

I watched the video. You mean the body adapts to whatever stress load you put on it? Do you use free weights and machines in your system? How does it work without going to the gym? The best way to force the body to adapt is to exercise with dumbbells, barbells, machines so the muscles are forced to adapt to the stress.

I saw the part where you said "Let's say you can't do a proper pushup. What are you some little girl?"

Why not market yourself to New Zealanders and Aussies mate?

Americans may not follow you because they're bombarded with all the BS marketing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

With all the nasty writing you put on here, that definitely doesn't come across on your videos. I thought you would be some kind of nasty, wretched, jerk on video. But you seem nice and normal on video.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

kangarunner wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 2:40 pm
With all the nasty writing you put on here, that definitely doesn't come across on your videos. I thought you would be some kind of nasty, wretched, jerk on video. But you seem nice and normal on video.
Of course. I'm a teacher.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 4:00 am
Yes, so simple as to be the most fundamental principle of exercise. The first exercise program I ever did -- during the last three years of high school -- was the old 5BX (five basic exercises). A program of the Royal Canadian Air Force, it enjoyed a brief vogue during the Kennedy administration. It made its way through progressively higher reps of the initial exercises, and at a certain number moved over to a different and more difficult variation of each one. There were five or six levels, and you always had to complete the routine in 11 minutes before progressing to either more reps or a higher level of difficulty. Somewhere on about the third level it started kicking your ass pretty good. At some point you'll need to develop a similar program and give people some idea of what you're doing.

Are these videos getting any views to speak of? Any traction yet with your diet books?
Well that's odd, the vid actually made some progress.
Recover
Freshman Poster

Post by Recover »

kangarunner wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 2:40 pm
Maybe he pretends to be racist and says bad things to people that got vacine to shock for attention and humor but has more moderate humble heart and in private might has black friends who got vacine. Marcos zietola seems more racist than cornfed.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 4:00 am
Yes, so simple as to be the most fundamental principle of exercise.
What you seem to be implying is that I am just stating the obvious that everyone agrees with. In fact what I am saying is radically different from the current received thinking.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

kangarunner wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 2:34 pm
I watched the video. You mean the body adapts to whatever stress load you put on it? Do you use free weights and machines in your system? How does it work without going to the gym? The best way to force the body to adapt is to exercise with dumbbells, barbells, machines so the muscles are forced to adapt to the stress.
No you haven't got the point I am making. If you have the time, watch all the vids. They are not that long. I mean, you are right in that going to the gym and doing conventional weight training is good for some people, but not for most people.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Cornfed wrote:
June 28th, 2023, 8:46 pm
If you have the time, watch all the vids.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.....Yeah....right. I accept payment in PayPal.

rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Nice idea. If you know spanish, you can probably be more successful targeting the Mexican market. Make sure you really enunciate your keyword, actimorphic, because it sounded like you said ectomorphic which is an actual word. Also change your profile pic on utube to a closeup of your bicep or pay a few pesos to a local artist to make you a logo.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Someone suggested I position Actimorphic to be allied to carnivore diets in order to capitalise on the rising popularity of carnivore. Now I think about it, that might be a good idea, as Actimorphic does tap into the whole primal lifestyle theme. I think I'll do that. It is clearly not a cynical move, since I've been going on about carnivore for a while now.