Help me become a fitness guru

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Help me become a fitness guru

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Cornfed wrote:
June 14th, 2023, 12:08 pm
I'll continue to post videos on the channel.
https://www.youtube.com/@Actimorphic-Fitness/videos

About my presentation sucking, I'll have to go with what I've got and hope I grow into it. You would really want a production staff, studio and such, but it is just me or nothing unfortunately.
I don't think your presentation sucks. If you speak a bit faster and not pause every 3 or 4 words than the video is decent.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Cornfed wrote:
About my presentation sucking, I'll have to go with what I've got and hope I grow into it. You would really want a production staff, studio and such, but it is just me or nothing unfortunately.
Can't you get AI to generate a charismatic moron for your presentations?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

fschmidt wrote:
June 14th, 2023, 1:18 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Can't you get AI to generate a charismatic moron for your presentations?
Part of the whole point of the exercise is for me to become a public brand, so I'll have to try to become more charismatic and moronic.

It is true that the charismatic moron route has been proven in the fitness industry - V-Shred for example - but even there they had to have a lot of money behind them from the start. Hopefully I can gain some kind of following at some level.
Mr. Mistoffelees
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr. Mistoffelees »

Cornfed wrote:
June 13th, 2023, 6:52 pm
I decided to to call the concept "Actimorphic Fitness". Here is the introductory video.

You are absolutely gorgeous 😍😍😍😍

I don't like the name Acrimorphic Fitness though. I think a different name to suit your idea. Something with more of a punch would be better. Something catchy or something sassy, something which grabs the attention.

I will think this over and get back to you. 🥰
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

BTW, if any out of shape person did want to take my idea and run with it, I bet you would be surprised with the results you got.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

With your writing on this forum, I think you would get more of a following by making videos on news stories/current events and commenting on them with your typical judgmental, overly critical, and sometimes nasty responses. You'd probably get a mix of people who are entertained and then a good amount of haters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Such a difference between how you sound on video and how you come across on the forum. You need to practice your speaking, smile a little, use some humour, wear something more flattering. No offense, really, but you come across as frightened. Too much of the videos are just you talking in one place, mix it up more with some graphics and text. You also might consider including some scientific studies, showing the text, commenting. Obviously this would be more work for you but all the top Youtubers have quality editing and graphics. Design a catchy logo or have AI do it, this can be part of your branding. Put in on a Tshirt or have it visible somewhere. Each video should have a visually engaging intro to hook the viewers in.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Seeker wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 12:14 am
Such a difference between how you sound on video and how you come across on the forum. You need to practice your speaking, smile a little, use some humour, wear something more flattering. No offense, really, but you come across as frightened. Too much of the videos are just you talking in one place, mix it up more with some graphics and text.
Most fitness youtubers videos are now or started out like that. Is there any evidence this is wrong? For wearing something more flattering, what do you suggest? Most fitness youtubers wear gym clothes or are shirtless. Is that what you mean? Of course it would be good if I had access to focus groups and stuff to test these things but failing that I am just going to have to muddle through.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Cornfed wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 2:00 am
Seeker wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 12:14 am
Such a difference between how you sound on video and how you come across on the forum. You need to practice your speaking, smile a little, use some humour, wear something more flattering. No offense, really, but you come across as frightened. Too much of the videos are just you talking in one place, mix it up more with some graphics and text.
Most fitness youtubers videos are now or started out like that. Is there any evidence this is wrong? For wearing something more flattering, what do you suggest? Most fitness youtubers wear gym clothes or are shirtless. Is that what you mean? Of course it would be good if I had access to focus groups and stuff to test these things but failing that I am just going to have to muddle through.
You sound a bit robotic in your video. I think you should loosen up a bit and try to sound more natural. I'm not trying to be a dick by the way. Just giving you some feedback, which is what I thought you wanted.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 2:03 am
You sound a bit robotic in your video. I think you should loosen up a bit and try to sound more natural.
Yes, that is the NZ accent. I think there was a skit on the subject on Flight of the Concordes or something.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Cornfed wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 2:07 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 2:03 am
You sound a bit robotic in your video. I think you should loosen up a bit and try to sound more natural.
Yes, that is the NZ accent. I think there was a skit on the subject on Flight of the Concordes or something.
I'm sorry. I thought you were talking like that to come across clearer. Flight of the Concordes :lol: they are f***ing hilarious!
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
EdwardMatthew
Freshman Poster

Post by EdwardMatthew »

Best of luck Buddy!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The way to do videos is an interesting issue. If I did videos as some people seem to think videos should be done it would easily take an entire day to do a single video. I'd have to write a script, do several takes, work on the particular effects, wear different clothes etc. I'm not sure how you non-subjectively decide when you have the correct finished product but maybe there is a way. That is not really an option if you don't have a staff.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Cornfed wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 8:02 am
The way to do videos is an interesting issue. If I did videos as some people seem to think videos should be done it would easily take an entire day to do a single video. I'd have to write a script, do several takes, work on the particular effects, wear different clothes etc. I'm not sure how you non-subjectively decide when you have the correct finished product but maybe there is a way. That is not really an option if you don't have a staff.
Becoming a "Youtuber" is lot of work in contrast to what you think. In addition, you have to compete with all the other fitness meatheads on Youtube.However don't get discouraged, your video is a decent start though.

Just speak more naturally with a flow. And you can show off your body telling people how your diet and exercise plan made you more fit.
People need examples. Show them your before and after photos. Show people how your Mediterranean diet lowered your cholesterol and built more muscle. Show people your blood test results or something else to prove your healthy.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 8:13 am
Just speak more naturally with a flow. And you can show off your body telling people how your diet and exercise plan made you more fit.
People need examples. Show them your before and after photos. Show people how your Mediterranean diet lowered your cholesterol and built more muscle. Show people your blood test results or something else to prove your healthy.
I'm sure I'll get around to stuff like that, as I plan to add three or four videos a week to the channel.
https://www.youtube.com/@Actimorphic-Fitness/videos