Help me become a fitness guru

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Re: Help me become a fitness guru

Post by Seeker »

Cornfed wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 8:02 am
The way to do videos is an interesting issue. If I did videos as some people seem to think videos should be done it would easily take an entire day to do a single video. I'd have to write a script, do several takes, work on the particular effects, wear different clothes etc. I'm not sure how you non-subjectively decide when you have the correct finished product but maybe there is a way. That is not really an option if you don't have a staff.
Yes, it would be a lot more effort but that's how it is for most successful Youtubers, they don't just sit or stand in front of a camera and drone on. When you were a teacher, did you just stand in front of the class and talk for 40-50 minutes? Surely not, you engaged your students, interacted with them and gave them activities, you assessed them by asking questions and you gave them feedback. In the format of a video, the interactive aspect is missing, so you have to fill the gap with things which will keep the viewers attention like those which I mentioned. You should have a plan for each video and how you will express what you want to say, what visuals and/or text you will use, which music etc. This will be very time consuming at first. Also break your videos into chunks with a topic for each chunk. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKUNGQ4 ... gnusMethod
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Seeker wrote:
June 22nd, 2023, 7:29 am
Cornfed wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 8:02 am
The way to do videos is an interesting issue. If I did videos as some people seem to think videos should be done it would easily take an entire day to do a single video. I'd have to write a script, do several takes, work on the particular effects, wear different clothes etc. I'm not sure how you non-subjectively decide when you have the correct finished product but maybe there is a way. That is not really an option if you don't have a staff.
Yes, it would be a lot more effort but that's how it is for most successful Youtubers, they don't just sit or stand in front of a camera and drone on.
The pattern is that when they start out they do generally do monologues. When they become successful and acquire a staff they do what you suggest, which I find insufferable but perhaps most people like it. You could look at Shawn Baker and Greg Doucette as examples. In any case, if I am going to do original videos and therefore lack AI assistance it is simply not possible to do complex videos in a reasonable time. Of course it would be better if I was like the Liver King and could hire a crew to come here and do all the promotions, but I'm stuck with what is possible.
When you were a teacher, did you just stand in front of the class and talk for 40-50 minutes?
No, but that is probably what most students would have preferred.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Leave the man alone. It's his first set of videos. I like how he does the "upside down push up against the wall" thing. That's cool. :)
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

One of the reasons I'm making videos the way am is that I plan to do several videos a week on the topic and build up a body of work, and if I agonized over the presentation the way people think I should then I'd spend all my time doing videos, get nothing else done and life would suck. As it is, vids like the one I did today are easy to churn out.

Recover
Freshman Poster

Post by Recover »

Corfed and teresa burket are heros for aging fitness both in top 1 percenter

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3jD7m ... AJ_xOcb-ow
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Do we think people would sort of get what I am driving at with videos like this? It seems like a fairly simple idea.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Yes, so simple as to be the most fundamental principle of exercise. The first exercise program I ever did -- during the last three years of high school -- was the old 5BX (five basic exercises). A program of the Royal Canadian Air Force, it enjoyed a brief vogue during the Kennedy administration. It made its way through progressively higher reps of the initial exercises, and at a certain number moved over to a different and more difficult variation of each one. There were five or six levels, and you always had to complete the routine in 11 minutes before progressing to either more reps or a higher level of difficulty. Somewhere on about the third level it started kicking your ass pretty good. At some point you'll need to develop a similar program and give people some idea of what you're doing.

Are these videos getting any views to speak of? Any traction yet with your diet books?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 4:00 am
Yes, so simple as to be the most fundamental principle of exercise. The first exercise program I ever did -- during the last three years of high school -- was the old 5BX (five basic exercises). A program of the Royal Canadian Air Force, it enjoyed a brief vogue during the Kennedy administration. It made its way through progressively higher reps of the initial exercises, and at a certain number moved over to a different and more difficult variation of each one. There were five or six levels, and you always had to complete the routine in 11 minutes before progressing to either more reps or a higher level of difficulty. Somewhere on about the third level it started kicking your ass pretty good. At some point you'll need to develop a similar program and give people some idea of what you're doing.

Are these videos getting any views to speak of? Any traction yet with your diet books?
There is nothing new under the sun, but there doesn't seem to be anyone who has put it together quite like me. Has weight training been criticized on this basis, for example? No of course the videos aren't getting any views. If you could just put up good videos and people would watch them then life wouldn't suck.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Cornfed wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 6:09 am
gsjackson wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 4:00 am

There is nothing new under the sun, but there doesn't seem to be anyone who has put it together quite like me. Has weight training been criticized on this basis, for example? No of course the videos aren't getting any views. If you could just put up good videos and people would watch them then life wouldn't suck.
That's because there isn't lot of people in Happierabroad here actually. Here is like a ghost town with population of 10.
Like I said, you need to join other fitness forums or join various Facebook groups to give your books and video exposure.
Don't be confined to Happierabroad only. I know you don't like mainstreamers, but you need to sell your stuff to them to make money.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 6:48 am
That's because there isn't lot of people in Happierabroad here actually. Here is like a ghost town with population of 10.
Like I said, you need to join other fitness forums
There really aren't any fitness forums. It is strange.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Cornfed wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 6:59 am
Here.. It looks mainstream and gay, but plenty of fitness forums. Good Luck.
https://blog.feedspot.com/fitness_forums/
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

June 26th, 2023, 7:10 am
Cornfed wrote:
I can't remember why I did it, but I've explored all of these and they are all a joke and suck. Fitness forums are over unfortunately.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Cornfed wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 7:14 am
Cornfed wrote:
I can't remember why I did it, but I've explored all of these and they are all a joke and suck. Fitness forums are over unfortunately.
You will not increase your numbers then unfortunately. Just saying.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

June 26th, 2023, 7:22 am
Cornfed wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
No one said life was easy. Or if they did they were rich tossers who had everything handed to them. Just because I have to work for things doesn't mean I won't make it eventually.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Cornfed wrote:
June 26th, 2023, 7:25 am
June 26th, 2023, 7:22 am
Cornfed wrote:
Cornfed wrote:

No one said life was easy. Or if they did they were rich tossers who had everything handed to them. Just because I have to work for things doesn't mean I won't make it eventually.
Well do the work then. I am not gonna do the whole researching for you unless you pay me.
Happierabroad isn't gonna help you because only less than 10 people are actively posting on the forums.
Your upside down, against the wall, push up thing is pretty cool btw.
Last edited by Natural_Born_Cynic on June 26th, 2023, 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.