Help me become a fitness guru

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Help me become a fitness guru

Post by Cornfed »

I want to become a fitness guru based on the following premise:

The body will adapt to do its daily routine in the most efficient way possible in a whole body, holistic manner.

Here are some implantations of this way of thinking. Suppose we want to be lean and muscular. Most training programs people do are sending the body mixed messages. Suppose you try to get lean and muscular by rowing. You are telling your body to gain muscle, yes, but you are also telling your body to gain fat, as it would supply more ballast to make you row more efficiently. Of course you could override this by going on a calorie restricted diet, but that would suck. A better way would be to select an exercise, say climbing a rock face, which would tell the body to both gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. This would cause the body to, for example, regulate your appetite so you wouldn't have to struggle with dieting. Or at least that is my premise.

So with this in mind, how do we design a daily routine to get lean and muscular? A few thought are:
Bodyweight only exercises, both aerobic and anaerobic at the same time, whole body workouts with whole body exercises with the body moving through space several times a week. Within the context of this callisthenic workout, we would focus on muscle building rather than balance. If you do separate aerobic exercise, something like walking up hills would be ideal.

Some questions with this arise:
1. What is a good name for this concept? Maybe "Form Follows Function Training"?
2. How could I spin this concept, which I have just explained above, out into a media empire?
3. What are some ways to monetise the concept?
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Help me become a fitness guru

Post by kangarunner »

With your temperament, you may be better suited to become a therapist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

One thing I need to do is come up with workouts that seem radically different. Until the last 18 months or so you could do home workouts that were radically different just by non sucking, but people are now coming up with fairly good home workouts, so some thought will be necessary.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Nice..nice..also a little bit of music might help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPFPGUy ... nyCrockett
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

No-one is any help with online marketing then? Maybe some of you could imagine you were going to get in shape. What would you want in and e-book or video or whatever? What should it tell you in particular?
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Cornfed wrote:
June 3rd, 2023, 10:39 am
No-one is any help with online marketing then? Maybe some of you could imagine you were going to get in shape. What would you want in and e-book or video or whatever? What should it tell you in particular?
Cornman.. What demographics you want to market to(old people, young people, general masses) in which area(Jewnited States, Europe, etc)?
Also what is your marketing budget? You have to focus on spending marketing money on a specific demographics that you want to target.
The best way is youtube, social media and putting your stuff on google adword.

I am not a fitness expert and I don't think lot of people here in Happier abroad is a fitness expert either. Even WInston Wu has let himself go and out of shape. The best place to get your data is join up couple of fitness related forums and fitness related groups on facebook. However, it's up to you to do the research on what's hot right now and ask those gym junkies there. But please don't say racist stuff there or you'll get kicked out in a heartbeat. :D

Perhaps you should post some of your exercise and diet videos on Youtube and social media. You have to build up your credibility first and slowly accumulate subscribers over time. You should keep all your non-mainstream racist stuff that you say in HA "separate" from your channel(Mainstreamers "run far away" when they see you post the same stuff as in Happierabroad.com, they are skittish).

This is the only best advice I can give you. It's the most honest but a long, hard and tough way. You have to work hard unfortunately.

Or if you don't feel like working or don't know where to go, just hire bunch of "coolies" on Fiverr, Wework, etc. They are dime a dozen. Let them handle the marketing stuff, editing stuff(coolies are still cheaper than americ*nts), the constantly writing the article stuff and all the heavy lifting. Coolies are still cheap.

Well Best of luck to you.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Emphasize the low cost. That's your "value proposition." Emphasize that even in hard scrabble Mexico a fine physique can be constructed with next to nothing. Do you have any before pictures to show the contrast?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
June 3rd, 2023, 2:52 pm
Emphasize the low cost. That's your "value proposition." Emphasize that even in hard scrabble Mexico a fine physique can be constructed with next to nothing. Do you have any before pictures to show the contrast?
Unfortunately I currently don't have great before pics. I know people who might have some of me at a public event as a fat guy so I'll try them. Yes I'll mention the low cost, although it is not a great point if you want to get money out of people on an ongoing basis.

I wish I could think of a better name than "form follows function". Once I have a sexy name I can start doing YouTube videos.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Make a membership fee to follow your videos a few times a week something minimal, like $10/month. Include other goodies, like one private video consultation a month with you. Of course, that means the time spent/money earned ratio won't be so good. But I think you have to use the membership model somehow. Use Youtube to suck them in, then make the videos private.

"Do it Yourself Fitness?" They won't know what "form follows function" means.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
June 3rd, 2023, 8:37 pm
Make a membership fee to follow your videos a few times a week something minimal, like $10/month. Include other goodies, like one private video consultation a month with you. Of course, that means the time spent/money earned ratio won't be so good. But I think you have to use the membership model somehow. Use Youtube to suck them in, then make the videos private.

"Do it Yourself Fitness?" They won't know what "form follows function" means.
Yes, some form of membership would be a good idea. That means I'll have to think of content for the YouTube channel that is interesting but doesn't give the game away.

For the name, I want to seem like I am introducing a revolutionary new paradigm shift, so DIY Fitness doesn't really cut it. I can explain Form Follows Function, assuming I don't think of something better.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I decided to to call the concept "Actimorphic Fitness". Here is the introductory video.

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Good luck. It's actually a pretty decent idea.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Cornfed wrote:
June 13th, 2023, 6:52 pm
I decided to to call the concept "Actimorphic Fitness". Here is the introductory video.

Nice name and video.
One small thing, you might want to talk bit faster and keep the sentence flowing. Other than that a decent start.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Yank the video and work on it, remembering that you're essentially selling yourself and inviting people to look like you. Move the camera up -- it will show your v-shape to better advantage. Toward that end you might want to wear a tank top. Not sure about the cap. There's nothing wrong with rocking the bald. Try to get predator eyes rather than prey eyes -- you look a bit scared and like you're not looking at the audience. Practice in the mirror with squinting. I think the Kiwi accent excuses a weak voice -- people will just assume that's the way those good gentlefolk in New Zealand talk -- but you've got to be fluid with it. No hesitation. If a teleprompter is the answer you can buy one for about $100. Not sure if speeding up is the answer, just make it fluid. Practice, practice, practice before you put it out there. You won't have to work quite so hard on subsequent videos, but this one needs to be nailed.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I'll continue to post videos on the channel.
https://www.youtube.com/@Actimorphic-Fitness/videos

About my presentation sucking, I'll have to go with what I've got and hope I grow into it. You would really want a production staff, studio and such, but it is just me or nothing unfortunately.