How to lose fat

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

How to lose fat

Post by Cornfed »

If you want to lose fat and not overly concerned with being muscular, here is the way to do it.

1. Eat only fruit in the morning. Add sugar if you want.
2. For later meals, eat only a carb source, such as rice or potato, and veges. Don't add any fat - no fatty dressings, oil or butter. Don't eat more that one concentrated (>70% water) per meal. So for example, don't eat potatoes and rice in the same meal.
3. Drink a lot of water, but not with meals.
4. Don't eat between meals. Eat as much as you want at meal times.
5. Once you heal whatever metabolic damage you have done to yourself you will lean out rapidly. If you start to become too lean and/or muscle wasted, slowly add protein and fat back into your evening meal.

So there you go. Now you know, if you are still fat in a year's time it is your own fault.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How to lose fat

Post by Cornfed »

Maybe mixing carbs and fat is the whole of the problem (other than various toxic stuff). What happens is that the fat coats the insulin receptors of your cells so the carbs can't get into the cells, so you end up wearing any fat you are eating along with most of the carbs instead of them being expressed as energy. When you think about it, there wouldn't be many times in nature when you would eat a lot of both carbs and fat at the same time. One example is milk, which is intended to make the recipient grow in every way.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Seriously, if you are fat I've cracked the code to solve the problem. The fix is:
1. Bodyweight exercises moving the body through space doing whole body workouts several times a week that incorporate some kind of HIIT exercise such as burpees.
2. Don't eat between meals and don't eat carbs and fat in the same meal.

Do that for a while and you will wake up one morning and find your main body issue is loose skin around your waist and people worrying about you having some kind of manorexia condition.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Two meals a day with a combination of meat, fish, vegetables, eggs, healthy fats and you'll lose weight - limit starchy carbs - no need to cut them out. Drink tea, coffee, water - cut out pops and sugary drinks including beer and wine.

Exercise - weights and some kind of cardio that you will stick to. I have a midday meal of eggs or sardines/mackerel and have a salad at night with fish, meat or an omelette with a side of hummus and I am never hungry.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Cornfed wrote:
July 23rd, 2023, 6:15 am
If you want to lose fat and not overly concerned with being muscular, here is the way to do it.

1. Eat only fruit in the morning. Add sugar if you want.
2. For later meals, eat only a carb source, such as rice or potato, and veges. Don't add any fat - no fatty dressings, oil or butter. Don't eat more that one concentrated (>70% water) per meal. So for example, don't eat potatoes and rice in the same meal.
3. Drink a lot of water, but not with meals.
4. Don't eat between meals. Eat as much as you want at meal times.
5. Once you heal whatever metabolic damage you have done to yourself you will lean out rapidly. If you start to become too lean and/or muscle wasted, slowly add protein and fat back into your evening meal.

So there you go. Now you know, if you are still fat in a year's time it is your own fault.
I think it is good advice overall, I don't see the need for fruit though but if you like fruit then why not?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

yick wrote:
July 29th, 2023, 8:52 am
Two meals a day with a combination of meat, fish, vegetables, eggs, healthy fats and you'll lose weight - limit starchy carbs - no need to cut them out. Drink tea, coffee, water - cut out pops and sugary drinks including beer and wine.

Exercise - weights and some kind of cardio that you will stick to.
That's the standard advice which usually doesn't work.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Cornfed wrote:
July 25th, 2023, 12:49 pm
Maybe mixing carbs and fat is the whole of the problem (other than various toxic stuff). What happens is that the fat coats the insulin receptors of your cells so the carbs can't get into the cells, so you end up wearing any fat you are eating along with most of the carbs instead of them being expressed as energy. When you think about it, there wouldn't be many times in nature when you would eat a lot of both carbs and fat at the same time. One example is milk, which is intended to make the recipient grow in every way.
I don't think the problem is so much carbs rather than people are eating for quick convenience and eating easy to make crap, microwave 'ready meals', too much refined sugar and flour and are eating it too many times a day and too many days a week and it all multiplies into obesity and type 2 diabetes.

Also, crates of alcohol are cheap and easily available - takeaways are everywhere - if people laid off the refined carbs for three days out of every seven they would improve their health massively.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

yick wrote:
July 29th, 2023, 8:56 am
I don't think the problem is so much carbs rather than people are eating for quick convenience and eating easy to make crap, microwave 'ready meals', too much refined sugar and flour and are eating it too many times a day and too many days a week and it all multiplies into obesity and type 2
There are people who eat 10k calories of carbs a day and never get fat. You would have to account for that somehow. Refined sugar is chemically identical to non-refined sugar, so I don't see the problem.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Cornfed wrote:
July 29th, 2023, 8:55 am
yick wrote:
July 29th, 2023, 8:52 am

Exercise - weights and some kind of cardio that you will stick to.
That's the standard advice which usually doesn't work.
I thought the standard advice was five small meals a day, healthy carbs and proteins, those silly protein shakes, breakfast of oats, wholemeal bread etc etc.

There has been loads of standard advice over the years though I have found Intermittent Fasting is effective and does work.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Cornfed wrote:
July 29th, 2023, 8:59 am
yick wrote:
July 29th, 2023, 8:56 am
I don't think the problem is so much carbs rather than people are eating for quick convenience and eating easy to make crap, microwave 'ready meals', too much refined sugar and flour and are eating it too many times a day and too many days a week and it all multiplies into obesity and type 2
There are people who eat 10k calories of carbs a day and never get fat. You would have to account for that somehow. Refined sugar is chemically identical to non-refined sugar, so I don't see the problem.
That would be rare and anyone who eats 10k calories and sits on their arse all day would not only get fat but clinically obese within a year or two.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Here is some advice in video form:

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

I thought healthy sources of fat like Omega 3s were actually beneficial in stimulating fat burning? (Only in moderation, of course, not talking about slathering around vast quantities of it.)

I also thought most cheapo carbs were comparative junk that gets broken down faster and processed more similar to sugar, whereas carbs you get from stuff like pearled barley or healthy brown rice or oatmeal is much better?

What I like to do is eat piles of raw cabbage with a little olive oil but otherwise only lean meat and spices on top, especially cayenne because both the cabbage and the cayenne are all natural testo-boosters.

Cardio's also great in moderation, but the more muscle mass and testosterone you've got the more natural fat burning takes place both during active and passive exercises.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I've just lost six pounds in two weeks simply by eating more meat. Decided I wasn't getting enough protein, especially since I work out regularly -- maybe a third of the one gram per pound of body weight that some consider optimal -- so I started slamming the meat in any form I could get it. The weight immediately started shifting itself around on my body advantageously, and then I started to shed pounds. If anything, calories burned dropped during this time because it was during a heat wave and I did less walking.

The original spur to eat this way came from Alex Hormozi, an affluent Youtube influencer who's been blowing up in the last couple of years (he's already made his money and isn't on Youtube to make any, he says). His system -- first get the protein you need, then you can eat anything you want, including dessert. He says he eats ice cream every day, and the guy is built like a body builder. You see all these beyond glowing testimonials to the carnivore diet online, and I don't doubt them, but they are all doctrinaire and religious, and obviously I'd prefer that Hormozi's approach be sufficient to my objectives. But I did spend the last two days supplementing meat only with nuts and blueberries, and dropped a kilo over two days.

In any case, after a gram of protein per pound, or close to it, I don't have too much appetite left for anything else.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

gsjackson wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 11:08 pm
I've just lost six pounds in two weeks simply by eating more meat. Decided I wasn't getting enough protein, especially since I work out regularly -- maybe a third of the one gram per pound of body weight that some consider optimal -- so I started slamming the meat in any form I could get it. The weight immediately started shifting itself around on my body advantageously, and then I started to shed pounds. If anything, calories burned dropped during this time because it was during a heat wave and I did less walking.

The original spur to eat this way came from Alex Hormozi, an affluent Youtube influencer who's been blowing up in the last couple of years (he's already made his money and isn't on Youtube to make any, he says). His system -- first get the protein you need, then you can eat anything you want, including dessert. He says he eats ice cream every day, and the guy is built like a body builder. You see all these beyond glowing testimonials to the carnivore diet online, and I don't doubt them, but they are all doctrinaire and religious, and obviously I'd prefer that Hormozi's approach be sufficient to my objectives. But I did spend the last two days supplementing meat only with nuts and blueberries, and dropped a kilo over two days.

In any case, after a gram of protein per pound, or close to it, I don't have too much appetite left for anything else.
@gsjackson
Yeah, high protein diets are definitely gold when it comes to building muscle, and the more muscle and testosterone you've got, the better your natural metabolism and fat-burning is going to be too. I've read a lot of iffy stuff and shifting trends in the going theories in bodybuilding over the years (e.g. in Muscle and Fitness Magazine and bodybuilding in general they used to demonize even consumption of the healthiest fats, and that thinking has now mostly been reversed, but also mainstream docs always wrongly demonized cholesterol for ages), but the high protein diet is definitely good and that's one thing natural bodybuilders definitely always had right.
I personally used whey protein shakes for decades (still do), but I started eating more chicken and fish when I hit the dreaded age of 40. :mrgreen:
One caveat here though is that the big meat industry is not only pretty damned bloody, but also loads the animals they use full of all kinds of weird abnormal shit too (hormones and other weird !@#$, not to mention "globalist" loonies like Bill Gates openly talk about wanting to force cancer-causing MRNA spike proteins into the food supplies and so on). So... caveat emptor and whatnot. :)
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

WilliamSmith wrote:
August 26th, 2023, 9:47 pm
gsjackson wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 11:08 pm

@gsjackson
Yeah, high protein diets are definitely gold when it comes to building muscle, and the more muscle and testosterone you've got, the better your natural metabolism and fat-burning is going to be too. I've read a lot of iffy stuff and shifting trends in the going theories in bodybuilding over the years (e.g. in Muscle and Fitness Magazine and bodybuilding in general they used to demonize even consumption of the healthiest fats, and that thinking has now mostly been reversed, but also mainstream docs always wrongly demonized cholesterol for ages), but the high protein diet is definitely good and that's one thing natural bodybuilders definitely always had right.
I personally used whey protein shakes for decades (still do), but I started eating more chicken and fish when I hit the dreaded age of 40. :mrgreen:
One caveat here though is that the big meat industry is not only pretty damned bloody, but also loads the animals they use full of all kinds of weird abnormal shit too (hormones and other weird !@#$, not to mention "globalist" loonies like Bill Gates openly talk about wanting to force cancer-causing MRNA spike proteins into the food supplies and so on). So... caveat emptor and whatnot. :)
I'm coming back to the U.S. tomorrow and henceforth buying most of my meat from one of the companies on Public Square, which is a new collective of companies that are unwoke and wish to cater to same. They have set-ups similar to Butcher Box, and say that their meat has none of that crap in it. I'll give it a shot.