How to lose fat

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How to lose fat

Post by gsjackson »

WilliamSmith wrote:
August 26th, 2023, 9:47 pm
gsjackson wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 11:08 pm
I've just lost six pounds in two weeks simply by eating more meat. Decided I wasn't getting enough protein, especially since I work out regularly -- maybe a third of the one gram per pound of body weight that some consider optimal -- so I started slamming the meat in any form I could get it. The weight immediately started shifting itself around on my body advantageously, and then I started to shed pounds. If anything, calories burned dropped during this time because it was during a heat wave and I did less walking.

The original spur to eat this way came from Alex Hormozi, an affluent Youtube influencer who's been blowing up in the last couple of years (he's already made his money and isn't on Youtube to make any, he says). His system -- first get the protein you need, then you can eat anything you want, including dessert. He says he eats ice cream every day, and the guy is built like a body builder. You see all these beyond glowing testimonials to the carnivore diet online, and I don't doubt them, but they are all doctrinaire and religious, and obviously I'd prefer that Hormozi's approach be sufficient to my objectives. But I did spend the last two days supplementing meat only with nuts and blueberries, and dropped a kilo over two days.

In any case, after a gram of protein per pound, or close to it, I don't have too much appetite left for anything else.
@gsjackson
Yeah, high protein diets are definitely gold when it comes to building muscle, and the more muscle and testosterone you've got, the better your natural metabolism and fat-burning is going to be too. I've read a lot of iffy stuff and shifting trends in the going theories in bodybuilding over the years (e.g. in Muscle and Fitness Magazine and bodybuilding in general they used to demonize even consumption of the healthiest fats, and that thinking has now mostly been reversed, but also mainstream docs always wrongly demonized cholesterol for ages), but the high protein diet is definitely good and that's one thing natural bodybuilders definitely always had right.
I personally used whey protein shakes for decades (still do), but I started eating more chicken and fish when I hit the dreaded age of 40. :mrgreen:
One caveat here though is that the big meat industry is not only pretty damned bloody, but also loads the animals they use full of all kinds of weird abnormal shit too (hormones and other weird !@#$, not to mention "globalist" loonies like Bill Gates openly talk about wanting to force cancer-causing MRNA spike proteins into the food supplies and so on). So... caveat emptor and whatnot. :)
I'm coming back to the U.S. tomorrow and henceforth buying most of my meat from one of the companies on Public Square, which is a new collective of companies that are unwoke and wish to cater to same. They have set-ups similar to Butcher Box, and say that their meat has none of that crap in it. I'll give it a shot.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

gsjackson wrote:
August 26th, 2023, 10:09 pm
I'm coming back to the U.S. tomorrow and henceforth buying most of my meat from one of the companies on Public Square, which is a new collective of companies that are unwoke and wish to cater to same. They have set-ups similar to Butcher Box, and say that their meat has none of that crap in it. I'll give it a shot.
@gsjackson
Thanks, that is interesting! I never heard of Public Square before, but that's a valuable overall topic, as it happens: Where to get actual legit food that isn't loaded full of a bunch of GMO crap, hormones, and vaxxer stuff, which is becoming harder and harder to do.
This is one reason I am into SHTF-prepping focused on living aboard a boat fulltime, at least we can fish and scrounge for molluscs and crustaceans and forage for coconuts and stuff like that. :lol:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

WilliamSmith wrote:
August 26th, 2023, 10:31 pm
gsjackson wrote:
August 26th, 2023, 10:09 pm
@gsjackson
Thanks, that is interesting! I never heard of Public Square before, but that's a valuable overall topic, as it happens: Where to get actual legit food that isn't loaded full of a bunch of GMO crap, hormones, and vaxxer stuff, which is becoming harder and harder to do.
This is one reason I am into SHTF-prepping focused on living aboard a boat fulltime, at least we can fish and scrounge for molluscs and crustaceans and forage for coconuts and stuff like that. :lol:
I think they're less than a year old and already have quite a few companies signed up, including more than one meat producer. I'm leaning toward the one in Tennessee, which apparently has been around a long time. Love the concept.

https://publicsq.com/
jeniferbet
Freshman Poster

Post by jeniferbet »

Girls, I don't know how to lose weight sitting on only one diet, so I decided to challenge myself and do calisthenics for a whole month (https://betterme.world/articles/28-day- ... challenge/) - wish me success,who want with me?