Winston's mental health issues - What worked for him and what didn't?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
OLU
Freshman Poster

Winston's mental health issues - What worked for him and what didn't?

Post by OLU »

i have read that winston had some mental health problems. id like to know what worked for him and what didnt, including medication that he has taken
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Basically I had a form of OCD and something else that's not even listed in the DSM manual, that was sort of a control freak habit that others didn't have. Kind of like an inability to tolerate interruptions and an obsession with perfection and symmetry.

It started slowly but then gradually worsened at school when I was unhappy, didn't fit in and couldn't handle the work load anymore. I think the stress of it all and the depression and helplessness I felt was the cause of it.

When I was 17 I went to Taiwan for a year and with the stress removed as well as being in a supportive environment, the symptoms improved to manageable levels.

The story is documented by me here: http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Christian_Story.htm

So it was probably triggered by stress and a very unhappy environment and the feeling of helplessness on my part. America makes you feel weak for some reason. Going abroad made me feel empowered and more confident.

To this day, I don't have OCD anymore, but I do have some control freak habits, like an obsession with symmetry, perfection, an inability to tolerate interruptions and sudden noises, etc. They are very rare and there is very little info on the internet about such things. I'm not sure it's a mental disorder though, more like an obsession with order and control and a perfectionistic habit.

I did take some medication before as a teen, but they did not help and did not feel good at all. Prozac actually increased my anxiety to the point where I couldn't tolerate it. The others took away sexual desires, but made me feel more relaxed.

I recently saw a video about the myth of chemical imbalance here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG8BE3aovmM

The same woman also has an inspiring account of how she used meditation to cure her schizophrenia, and is now trying to help others fight against the pharmaceutical companies about this. Her account here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PvgxA48m7Y

Why are you asking about this? Are you dealing with mental health problems now? If so, what kind?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne