Question about soap operas and sitcoms

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Question about soap operas and sitcoms

Post by Winston »

Why is it that in soap operas, the people involved in the love dramas are always super rich and upper class, like the sons and daughters of CEO's or heirs of corporate empires?

But in sitcoms, the families portrayed tend to be lower middle class or standard middle class?

Is there a reason for these things?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
sephardic-male
Freshman Poster

Post by sephardic-male »

beats me
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Probably because the super wealthy represent the dreams of the mass people. They have the lives they can only dream of. So when the super rich have drama in their lives, the masses want to try to identify with it, and also to see them have problems makes us feel better as well.

In sitcoms, people make fun of each other and themselves, so it's easier to make fun of poor or middle class regular folks than the super rich, who are mostly serious people.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne