Layer Cake British Movie Review

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Layer Cake British Movie Review

Post by kangarunner »

This hotel I'm in has Netflix.
Eddie Temple: You're born, you take shit.

You get out in the world, you take more shit.

You climb a little higher, you take less shit.

Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son.
You Brits have a different style.

I haven't seen that many British movies but this is similar in style to Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

The title of the movie Layer Cake, meaning that we all exist in a system with layers or a hierarchy. The criminal world operates this way, business world operates this way, every subculture operates this way.

Really just the same themes: Money, Power, Double-crossing, Backstabbing, People who are higher up using people lower than them as pawns.

The people who rise to the top in the Layer Cake? I guess that's natural selection.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375912/

Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: Layer Cake British Movie Review

Post by Pixel--Dude »

kangarunner wrote:
July 30th, 2023, 7:08 am
This hotel I'm in has Netflix.
Eddie Temple: You're born, you take shit.

You get out in the world, you take more shit.

You climb a little higher, you take less shit.

Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son.
You Brits have a different style.

I haven't seen that many British movies but this is similar in style to Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

The title of the movie Layer Cake, meaning that we all exist in a system with layers or a hierarchy. The criminal world operates this way, business world operates this way, every subculture operates this way.

Really just the same themes: Money, Power, Double-crossing, Backstabbing, People who are higher up using people lower than them as pawns.

The people who rise to the top in the Layer Cake? I guess that's natural selection.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375912/

If you like these movies there's another one you might like called The Gentlemen.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.