Why does Hollywood suck so much nowadays?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why does Hollywood suck so much nowadays?

Post by zboy1 »

Why are movies, TV, and music such garbage these days? I ask because I remember how fun watching TV used to be, how music was awesome to listen to, and how often I would go to the movie theater to watch all kinds of movies that are now considered classics today; 80s movies like Back to the Future, Karate Kid, Aliens, Breakfast Club, and Ghostbusters and 90s classics like Fight Club, Forrest Gump, Lion King, Goodfellas, Boyz n' the hood.

I remember when i could turn on the TV and to watch reruns of Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, and classic Mary Tyler Moore. I loved watching A Team, Family Ties, Alf, Knight Rider, Perfect Strangers, Saved By the Bell, and Family Matters. There were a lot of great 80s and 90s cartoons too numerous to name. Me and my parents used to watch Hill Street Blues together. In the 90s, you had good shows like ER, Seinfeld, and Fresh Prince of Bel Air. As for music, I've already made another thread about how much I liked music from the 80s to the mid 90s.

The interesting thing is, in the past 8 years, I have only gone to see about 8 movies years at the theater. Most of the time--it was not worth my time to say the least. Most movies these days are brainless filler and garbage remakes that make me want to hurl at their stupidity. Yesterday, I went to see a midnight screening of the "Hunger Games" movie since I'm a big fan of the book--and to say I was disappointed is an understatement. How could they mess up a story that is screaming for a great movie adaptation? I was also disgusted after watching 21 Jump Street--since I was a big fan of the TV show. They ruined it by making the movie a slapstick comedy instead of the teen drama that I so loved back in the day. The Karate Kid remake was dreadful as well. Can't Hollywood make a decent movie these days?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Storm11_girl
Freshman Poster

Post by Storm11_girl »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttkvaJ_GRGk

growing up watching western shows and movies, I started to realize that it pretty much brainwashed me into hating and lowering boys when i was a child, dressing in clothes that shows cleavage, waste and mini skirts is better more fashionable then modest clothes even though its design in a fashion and style. at age 12 - 16 not only me but other kids also, instead of studying, choosing hobbies or having a sensable chatting with anybody , we can't stop thinking that we MUST be in a relationship like BF and GF or else we're not normal.

I use to think that any race black , asian and so , is normal and everybody is an individual with different personalities but noooo

i learned racist stereotyping and alot of bad language from this hollywood movies. i know that the movies teaching u something but whenever kids get pissed they just say it.

like the word " four eyes " is considered to be rude to say but my cousin tells that to one of the siblings.

my younger brother said the " N " word while playing San Andreas play station.

so yeah the more Hollywood sucks the more people start to get bored and read a BOOK lol
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Storm11_girl wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttkvaJ_GRGk

growing up watching western shows and movies, I started to realize that it pretty much brainwashed me into hating and lowering boys when i was a child, dressing in clothes that shows cleavage, waste and mini skirts is better more fashionable then modest clothes even though its design in a fashion and style. at age 12 - 16 not only me but other kids also, instead of studying, choosing hobbies or having a sensable chatting with anybody , we can't stop thinking that we MUST be in a relationship like BF and GF or else we're not normal.

I use to think that any race black , asian and so , is normal and everybody is an individual with different personalities but noooo

i learned racist stereotyping and alot of bad language from this hollywood movies. i know that the movies teaching u something but whenever kids get pissed they just say it.

like the word " four eyes " is considered to be rude to say but my cousin tells that to one of the siblings.

my younger brother said the " N " word while playing San Andreas play station.

so yeah the more Hollywood sucks the more people start to get bored and read a BOOK lol

Yes, I agree with you. Reading a book is a better use of your time nowadays rather than watching TV or the movies. And yes, Hollywood is very bad with racial and ethnic stereotypes--always has been since its beginning. Also, Hollywood is a very immoral place filled with drugs, sex, and outright Satanism--which explains why celebrities have such messed up personal lives and usually end up dead due to drug overdose, alcoholism, or suicide.
Ciela
Freshman Poster

Post by Ciela »

It's fun to compare Hunger Games and Battle Royale. The theme is pretty much the same but the execution is sooo much different.

I really suggest that everyone watches Battle Royale http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266308/
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Post by ph_visitor »

The Grey starring Liam Neeson, was awesome. He has carved out a niche as a flawed, reluctant action hero and this move is excellent.
ManInSiam
Freshman Poster

Post by ManInSiam »

delete
Last edited by ManInSiam on May 9th, 2012, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aliviasmith
Freshman Poster

Post by aliviasmith »

Yes, Cinema has changed a lot in past few years. That’s because of change in time. The target audience of Hollywood movies in kids, they like to see science fictions. No doubts, why Harry Potter movie series was on the top of the box office charts.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

aliviasmith wrote:Yes, Cinema has changed a lot in past few years. That’s because of change in time. The target audience of Hollywood movies in kids, they like to see science fictions. No doubts, why Harry Potter movie series was on the top of the box office charts.
Get lost spammer
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

One reason is that Art (ie. Hollywood) reflects reality; since the reality of our society sucks, voila....

Another reason is the quality of writing and production is all but sophmoric in Hollywood. The self-esteem movement has produced people behind the scenes who are accoustomed to producing quick products and quick returns. The time-tested seasoning process is anathema to them and it reflects in what they produce.

Intellectual rigor is also missing in Hollywood. If one wants to view a cerebral movie, one must take his chances with an Indie film or a foreign film.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have you noticed that action movies nowadays are like "fireworks shows" of special effects? It's like they overdo and you think "Am I supposed to be impressed by this fireworks show of special effects?" lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne