Family--ABC-TV Show 1975-1980

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

Yeah, man you just caused me to have a flashback. You know, women being nice is so rare now, that if one actually did it, I swear I would suspect she was drugged up. Hell, even the 80s women were sill pretty durn nice to us. I was so born at the wrong damn time. (74') So I grew up in the late 70s and 80s seeing nice women and plus, they were good looking then too! So naturally, as a 12 yo boy in the mid 80s, I wanted to try one out . LOL I remember knowing I wasn't old enough yet for them to like me, so I would think forward to when I would be like 16 and have a car and shit. Well, I turned 16 the summer of 1990, went back to school that fall, all excited, even had a car now! But all a sudden, the girls hated us guys. . . Girls chatting about what guy had the best arms, or cutest butt, was replaced with how pathetic we all were, and shit like this. The rest is now history. :cry:

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

Not to Hijack the thread, just, flashback, dude! Had to relive it. :roll:
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I'm old enough to remember even beyond the '70s, when there was this quaint custom of the woman trying to draw the man out in conversation. They actually expressed interest, or at least thought it expedient to feign interest. Most of them are narcissists now, and incapable of being interested in another human being.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

American women really started to get bad during the 90s. Worse after the 2000s, and utterly impossible this current decade.

Although I was born in the late 70s, I don't remember American women being so horrible as they are now...I do remember some bitchy American females even during the 80s (when I was growing-up), but not like now.

The materialistic 80s "Me Decade," didn't really help, though. I liked Ronald Reagan as President, but the greed and materialism he promoted partially led to the narcissistic behavior of most Americans--and especially young people--today!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

gsjackson wrote:
I'm old enough to remember even beyond the '70s, when there was this quaint custom of the woman trying to draw the man out in conversation. They actually expressed interest, or at least thought it expedient to feign interest. Most of them are narcissists now, and incapable of being interested in another human being.

{sigh}
:(
bennandsarah
Freshman Poster

Post by bennandsarah »

i love that reply;
american women are so narcissitic that they can't show interest in another humanbeing. and yes--they can't even feign interest. the last woman i was dating had no interest in my past--who i am--whatever. it was all about her. i say 94-95 is when everything went downhill for me. mid 90's.
It wasn't like this in the 1980's and early 1990's -- that's for sure bud.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Where is the first post in this thread? It seemed to start abruptly with a response from Jtest28 to who knows what.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
bennandsarah
Freshman Poster

Post by bennandsarah »

somehow someone removed my initial post!
bennandsarah
Freshman Poster

Post by bennandsarah »

in my initial post i spoke of this tv show called family with kristy mcnichol. it was on in the mid to late 70's. frequently they'd show the college campus. the women were the polar opposite of today -- sweet--innocent looking-friendly-open-kind. the son named willie was dating so easily. we in the 2000's have been jipped. women back then treated men so differently--actually cared about who the men were. and watching this tv show on dvd bought it all back home for me.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

zboy1 wrote:American women really started to get bad during the 90s. Worse after the 2000s, and utterly impossible this current decade.

Although I was born in the late 70s, I don't remember American women being so horrible as they are now...I do remember some bitchy American females even during the 80s (when I was growing-up), but not like now.

The materialistic 80s "Me Decade," didn't really help, though. I liked Ronald Reagan as President, but the greed and materialism he promoted partially led to the narcissistic behavior of most Americans--and especially young people--today!
The turning point for women was when Madonna sang "...don't go for 2nd best baby..." around 1990. I'd hate to see what AW will be like in the 2020s - maybe they will be all lesbian by then.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

gsjackson wrote:I'm old enough to remember even beyond the '70s, when there was this quaint custom of the woman trying to draw the man out in conversation. They actually expressed interest, or at least thought it expedient to feign interest. Most of them are narcissists now, and incapable of being interested in another human being.
Few will realize the profound implications of what you have said. Such women are inherently
unfit to be wives or mothers. Such a population is doomed.

My wife was raised to be the love of a man's life....to truly mate...to be her husband's "halfness".

It really does make all the difference in the world.

Outwest
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

polya wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
American women really started to get bad during the 90s. Worse after the 2000s, and utterly impossible this current decade....

The materialistic 80s "Me Decade," didn't really help, though....
The turning point for women was when Madonna sang "...don't go for 2nd best baby..." around 1990.....
+1 Exactly right.

I remember it well. At the time I kind of looked up from raising kids, etc etc and listened, kind of shocked, and wondered what was going on with young women.

Up until that point I had never thought of women "rating" men.