Some good horror films

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Some good horror films

Post by jamesbond »

There is a new Halloween movie coming out this month called, "Halloween Kills" here is the trailer for the film.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I don't know if it's in this thread but Don't Look Now is a good vintage horror movie. The scenes in Venice are very atmospheric and the ending great. Also Winston will appreciate Julie Christie in an English Rose role.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

xiongmao wrote:
October 7th, 2021, 9:02 am
I don't know if it's in this thread but Don't Look Now is a good vintage horror movie. The scenes in Venice are very atmospheric and the ending great. Also Winston will appreciate Julie Christie in an English Rose role.
That's the one with Donald Sutherland? I saw it long ago. It's very slow and nothing happens for 2 hours until the very end, which is a frightening scene. Not many will have the patience for that. 70s movies were more slow burn. But yeah the Venice scenes are nice but it's a very slow movie where nothing happens for 2 hours. I don't know how they got away with that in the 70s. I'm not saying a movie should have an action scene every 5 min but 2 hours with nothing happening is a long time. lol

Check out "Burnt Offerings" from 1976 starring Karen Black, which I posted in the Horror Classics thread. It's also slow burn too. Not much happens for 2 hours, except for a few weird stuff and its not explained, you gotta look for the clues. The ending scene is super frightening though.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond,
Check out this one from 1982 called "Visiting Hours" starring William Shatner. It's a horror slasher in a hospital about a woman stalked by a woman hating psycho killer. It's supposed to be very good and scary. Here's the trailer.

Download the movie here:

https://yts.mx/movies/visiting-hours-1982
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have you noticed that after watching a horror movie, you feel deflated and never energized? It's like something drains you during the movie. That's a red flag. It's no wonder why so many horror movies are made every year. It must serve someone's benefit and the energy that we drain must be going somewhere. Perhaps to dark spiritual forces or demons or mind parasites?

@jamesbond here's a good discussion about the evolution of horror movies.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
December 28th, 2021, 1:46 pm
@jamesbond here's a good discussion about the evolution of horror movies.

Cool, I will check it out.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond,
Check out "Dream House" from 2011 starring Daniel Craig. It's similar to "Shutter Island". Trailer below.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1462041/

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond,
Check out these trailers for Ghost Story from 1974 and 1981. The one from 1981 looks very scary and atmospheric. Have you seen them before?

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
March 19th, 2022, 5:02 am
Jamesbond,
Check out these trailers for Ghost Story from 1974 and 1981. The one from 1981 looks very scary and atmospheric. Have you seen them before?

I have seen this one from 1981 it's a pretty good horror movie.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 6:00 am
Wow Jamesbond,
This look rad, spooky and scary. Don't you love that spooky 70's feel to it?

The Mephisto Waltz (1971)

Synopsis
Myles Clarkson, a classical piano player on the rise, befriends Duncan Mowbray Ely, a famous player himself who is at death's door. Unknown to Clarkson, Ely is a Satanist, who arranges to have their souls switch places at his death, so that he can be young again and continue to play piano.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067419/

https://yts.mx/movies/the-mephisto-waltz-1971
Just saw this. Wow this is one of the BEST if not the best supernatural thrillers I've ever seen. Very suspenseful. Great plot. And Jacqueline Bisset was so surreal and perfect looking in it! She will mesmerize you! But you gotta see the movie in HD to see the crisp clear divine glow on her face. I never seen an actress as flawless and perfect as her before. Wow. I'm stunned.

Here is the trailer, but the quality is not good or in HD. So you can't see the full divine radiant glow of Bisset's face. You should see it in HD, like at the download link above from Yify Torrent.

The full movie is here below but it's in low 240p quality. Much better to see it in HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUDpmj7YWq8

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this 1972 movie called "Endless Nights" based on an Agatha Christie story. It looks scary and romantic at the same time. See trailer below. Wouldn't you love to have a beautiful blonde beg you to stay and not leave her like in this trailer? lol. The soundtrack in it sounds good too - eerie and melancholy.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067052/?ref_=vp_close

"A working-class young Englishman marries an affable American heiress, but their marital bliss is soon interrupted when they begin constructing a home on land alleged to be cursed."

Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

You a fan of the zombie genre @Winston? If so Korean cinema have done a really good job of taking over this genre. I recommend the series We Are All Dead

It's a much better zombie series than the American Walking Dead, which is just Little House on the Prairie with zombies in it :roll:

Also recommend Train to Busan, another awesome and tense zombie movie done by the Koreans.

Another one is #Alive which is pretty good.

Edit: What am I doing wrong with these Youtube links? :roll:
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

No @Pixel--Dude I generally don't like zombie movies. They are too cliched and exaggerated and don't make basic logical sense. For example, if the zombies are dead then why are they hungry for flesh? And if they are hungry for flesh, why don't they only take one bite out of the victim? Even people who love to eat Doritos chips takes many bites. lol. And why don't the zombies eat each other if they are hungry for flesh? Why only non-zombies? So you see, nothing makes sense about zombie movies.

Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Winston wrote:
September 1st, 2022, 9:26 pm
No @Pixel--Dude I generally don't like zombie movies. They are too cliched and exaggerated and don't make basic logical sense. For example, if the zombies are dead then why are they hungry for flesh? And if they are hungry for flesh, why don't they only take one bite out of the victim? Even people who love to eat Doritos chips takes many bites. lol. And why don't the zombies eat each other if they are hungry for flesh? Why only non-zombies? So you see, nothing makes sense about zombie movies.
They don't have to make logical sense. They are works of fiction and require one to only suspend disbelief. Besides, they aren't really that far away from where we already are now. We are already living in a zombie apocalypse, this is what George A Romero was hinting at in his movie Dawn of the Dead. Masses of unthinking zombies mindlessly wandering through the shopping mall with a compulsion to consume. :lol:
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Winston wrote:
September 1st, 2022, 9:26 pm
I always thought this myself, why do they only target the living. But they don't only bite once. There was a recent Korean zombie film about a guy trapped in his apartment, and I saw the preview where this woman hugged a school girl before she transformed and she bit the woman multiple times. I hate zombie films, they are boring, stupid, and even if one person is being attacked no one will even try to help if it's one zombie they are struggling with. They stand there and scream like a goddamn moron and watch as the person dies. Korea's Train To Busan was one of those films that got automatic high praises just because Koreans made it when clearly its the same shit as all the Western zombie films. Its like anything Korea produces get automatic praise because their shit is that overrated even more so than Hollywood. Like the film HOST.