YouTube Premium

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

YouTube Premium

Post by TruthSeeker »

Just signed up for YouTube Premium. It's a free 3 month trial then only $12.49 a month thereafter.

Is it worth it? So far yes. You don't get those annoying ads of products I would never buy anyway.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: YouTube Premium

Post by Pixel--Dude »

TruthSeeker wrote:
November 25th, 2023, 6:31 am
Just signed up for YouTube Premium. It's a free 3 month trial then only $12.49 a month thereafter.

Is it worth it? So far yes. You don't get those annoying ads of products I would never buy anyway.
I wouldn't pay for a subscription with YouTube. All the stuff on there used to be free anyway. Then they added adverts which are f***ing annoying! Basically they want to annoy people into giving them money. I just wait 5 seconds and skip. If I'm driving and have a music play list on YouTube I can skip back and forth and eventually the song plays without the advert and I don't have to listen to them.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

I had the same sentiment, however, I do watch a lot of videos on YouTube and less than 50¢ per day is not going to break my bank. YouTube Premium is spread across all my devices as long as I am logged in.

I can cancel this at any time so I am going to try it for a while.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

YouTube Premium also includes YouTube Music Premium so it might be worth it for some.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Youtube will adjust the price depending on the country you're in. I paid for my youtube premium when I was in Colombia and it cost me less than $5 per month.

I just renewed it today and it's still the same cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

YouTube Premium lets you download videos in their original quality but it doesn't store it as an .mp4.

See this article: https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/commen ... ?rdt=59429

A better downloader is: https://ssyoutube.com/en38/youtube-video-downloader
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

I was able to install Brave browser on my Chromecast 4k device. Brave automatically blocks all ads on YouTube so I may cancel my subscription after the 3 month trial.

However, I may keep it for convenience.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

TruthSeeker wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 6:58 am
I was able to install Brave browser on my Chromecast 4k device. Brave automatically blocks all ads on YouTube so I may cancel my subscription after the 3 month trial.

Is this true? I've never heard of this before. Does that mean now you'll never have any ads on YouTube without actually needing a subscription? If so then I need to download this!
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 8:11 am
TruthSeeker wrote:

Is this true? I've never heard of this before. Does that mean now you'll never have any ads on YouTube without actually needing a subscription? If so then I need to download this!
I don't use any kind of adblocker. Those things reduce content creators' ability to generate ad revenue and I want people who make good content to get paid.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
Indeed and it's been discussed on another thread.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Lucas88 wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 10:55 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
TruthSeeker wrote:

I don't use any kind of adblocker. Those things reduce content creators' ability to generate ad revenue and I want people who make good content to get paid.
Yes but at the same time I don't want to pay a subscription to listen to music. Or have a meditation playlist on and some obnoxious advert pipes up and interrupts my meditation or something.

Maybe YouTube should have a separate area for content creators where people can choose to subscribe or have ads. I don't want to be bothered by ads, I can't stand them.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 11:34 am
Yes but at the same time I don't want to pay a subscription to listen to music. Or have a meditation playlist on and some obnoxious advert pipes up and interrupts my meditation or something.
If you want meditation music without ad breaks, you could just download the tracks from YouTube using one of the many websites specialized in ripping YouTube videos and sound files and then store them in whatever media library you use. That's what I used to do.

I'm a big proponent of financial independence. I therefore wish to respect YouTube content creators and their goal of making a passive income. I'm happy for those who find a way out of the rat race.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

There are other ways YouTube content creators can generate revenue such as channel subscriptions, super chats & super stickers, contributions such as GoFundMe, GiveSendGo, etc.

I don't feel the least bit guilty that I am not seeing the ads and they are partially not earning based on ad revenue.

Some YouTube creators are imbedding ads within their videos (just FF over them) so they are earning believe me.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

There was a tweak I had to make when I installed Brave on Chromecast. It was playing the videos at the lowest resolution (360p). In the settings I changed it to the highest resolution (2160p). Some videos have less such as 1080p.

Do that and you should be good to go.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

There's also another good ad blocker for Android - FAB Adblocker Browser.

If you like to see ads in your browser or YouTube, sorry but you're a fool.