Let it go - Song - Parody

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
galii
Experienced Poster

Let it go - Song - Parody

Post by galii »

HappyDany
Freshman Poster

Re: Let it go - Song - Parody

Post by HappyDany »

That was hilarious, thanks for sharing!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Let it go - Song - Parody

Post by MrMan »

galii wrote:
December 3rd, 2023, 7:02 am
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/SDkbD7ml5ic
When I heard that Frozen song years ago, it was obviously a set-up for far parodies. I had some words worked out. Then I checked on YouTube, and others had done songs with some of the same lyrics that I had thought of--

'Let it go, don't hold it in anymore'.... 'the smell never bothered me anyway.'

I didn't find one that said something very obvious, "I don't care about my underwear." I don't know why someone else didn't think of that and add it to the spoof.

Someone else came up with a clever line, "and my favorite, I had beans."

Anyway, this singer you posted has a good singing voice. I hope he doesn't follow the advice of his song, but many Americans seem to be doing just that. I've gotten into credit card debt due to unemployment and emergency type situations. AmEx and Discover have had 0 interest deals to sign up for so long. I don't know if they still do that with these high rates. Back when rates were low and inflation was negligible, they did. That's the way to go if you can and your run up debt-- zero interest and hopefully zero debt. Even paying a one-time fee to switch it over to a debt free card for a year or 18 months can help. If I'm unemployed, I don't tell the credit card companies. I tell them my salary when it's high, and keep my mouth shut when it is low. I have needed credit when I was unemployed, but when I make money, it's just a convenience to make it easier to buy stuff without carrying cash and pay it off at the end of the month. But they don't want to lend money when we are unemployed, and want to lend it to us if we don't really need it.

I also figured out I needed to cancel cards if the company that offers them has zero interest deals on that particular card. If you haven't had the card for a year or so, they may allow you to get the zero interest deal... but I haven't tried that since interest rates went up after the inflation caused by the government 'printing' up digital cash to give out when GDP was low due to Covid. More money without GDP to back it up is clearly a recipe for inflation.

Generally, though, I try to pay credit card balances off in 30 days to avoid paying any interest. If I miss it on occasion, I call the credit card company to see if they will waive the late fee. Most will once a year or so. I've paid a little late during crisis times when I was staying up all night to get work in. Interest rates are up, and cards still pay 1 or 1 and a half cash back. I have a travel points card, but it is hard to justify using it for anything except the extra bonus for buying tickets if I can get cash back.