Powers Captain America Should Have

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Powers Captain America Should Have

Post by MrMan »

I forget the name of the show, but there was this one-season show about people who had kind of almost realistic superpowers. For example, there was a guy who had basically perfect control of his motions. So he could shoot a tiny target from miles away, fight incredibly well. This was before I heard of parkour, but he had that kind of ability, basically naturally. Toward the end, his team fought the bad guys, and he fought a woman with the same powers. A villain who was mentally ill had a related power. He could predict several steps ahead. So by taking apart an ink pen, he could make a little component of it roll across the van, make the guard trip, which set off a series of events that led to the van crashing and his escaping unscathed.

So if Captain America has all the powers of all the Olympic athletes combined, that's pretty lane, and it the idea that he could hold onto a building and a helicopter and keep it from flying away is just a bit of a stretch, a bit outside of what we would expect from an Olympic athlete. But if he could always hit a still target with a tiny pebble a football field away, and predict exactly where it would bounce and several effects after it, that's kind of barely within the realm of human possibility, and something we might expect if all the Olympic athletes strengths and abilities were combined. He could know where bullets would ricochet, know where the Hulk would smash his fists. He's a little like that, but they could play it up a bit.

I saw a fan made video where Hulk fought Superman, and Hulk was able to basically fly around the earth by doing that clap thing. That seems feasible within his powers, and I wouldn't be surprised if comic book authors picked up on that and added it to his skill set.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Powers Captain America Should Have

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

MrMan wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 10:15 am
I forget the name of the show, but there was this one-season show about people who had kind of almost realistic superpowers. For example, there was a guy who had basically perfect control of his motions. So he could shoot a tiny target from miles away, fight incredibly well. This was before I heard of parkour, but he had that kind of ability, basically naturally. Toward the end, his team fought the bad guys, and he fought a woman with the same powers. A villain who was mentally ill had a related power. He could predict several steps ahead. So by taking apart an ink pen, he could make a little component of it roll across the van, make the guard trip, which set off a series of events that led to the van crashing and his escaping unscathed.

So if Captain America has all the powers of all the Olympic athletes combined, that's pretty lane, and it the idea that he could hold onto a building and a helicopter and keep it from flying away is just a bit of a stretch, a bit outside of what we would expect from an Olympic athlete. But if he could always hit a still target with a tiny pebble a football field away, and predict exactly where it would bounce and several effects after it, that's kind of barely within the realm of human possibility, and something we might expect if all the Olympic athletes strengths and abilities were combined. He could know where bullets would ricochet, know where the Hulk would smash his fists. He's a little like that, but they could play it up a bit.

I saw a fan made video where Hulk fought Superman, and Hulk was able to basically fly around the earth by doing that clap thing. That seems feasible within his powers, and I wouldn't be surprised if comic book authors picked up on that and added it to his skill set.
He should have power to do print out vast amount of money with his "liberty printing machine" and do "quantitative easing" when the economy goes south. :lol: :wink:

Captain America also should have power to expand his waistline with obesity and get diabetus. :lol:
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!