Thai women as bad as Western women?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Bao3niang wrote:I've never been there yet, but I'd love to go and am considering settling down. Maybe when I first go I will teach English for a bit.

I've heard Thailand has more job positions for English teachers than people who apply for jobs. Such is the demand and easiness to get an English teaching job.

And YES I've found Thai women to be really hot! Especially their slightly tanned skin is pretty!

Where is it better in Thailand? Chiang Mai or Bangkok? I've seen that it's cheaper in Chiang Mai (according to the map of Living Costs in USD by Country), but where is better for experiencing the culture and of course picking up women?
DO NOT move to any country for the women. Period. This reason alone is a shitty reason to move to a different country.

I would definitely suggest a stay of six months to a year before packing up and moving to Thailand.

If you have a degree and a TEFL, teaching is an option. Unless you're working in a university or in a good school, not just teaching English, the pay is generally poor, from 25-40K a month. This is not a job I would want to do for longer than a year but that's just me. Also, if you are going to work as a teacher, make sure you do it legally. Working for a school that doesn't sponsor you for a work permit is something you don't want to do.

Are you coming to Thailand to be around other foreigners or to be with Thais? Chiang Mai is a nice city but is the hub of foreigners hoping to make it and it's a tourist city, much like Phuket. Also, it's not that much cheaper than Bangkok. If you really want to experience the culture, go out to the villages. Work in a school in a smaller town. The pay will be less but the people will tend to be nicer and the cultural experience less westernized.

I personally prefer Bangkok or Suratthani or cities where they're not geared towards tourists. By Bangkok, I mean the areas away from the nightlife like where I live, in Bangkapi. Suratthani is a huge province and I am not referring to Koh Samui, I'm referring to out in the jungle where my wife and I have some land. But there are many places that are good options. Whether you want to go there is a different story. Personally, I think this best way for a guy to learn about Thailand is total immersion. Get a job in a small city, live on the outskirts of a village, get to know some of your neighbors, meet some farm girls, find the educated ones, and build a network of "friends." In Thailand, things take time. Most guys don't have what it takes to swoop on women in a day or two, it's a process. You get to know them a little, you build trust, get them to relax, and then they come around. I liken them to flowers that blossom. They're closed off when you first meet them but get them to relax and they truly blossom.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

DO NOT move to any country for the women. Period. This reason alone is a shitty reason to move to a different country.
I would definitely suggest a stay of six months to a year before packing up and moving to Thailand.

If you have a degree and a TEFL, teaching is an option. Unless you're working in a university or in a good school, not just teaching English, the pay is generally poor, from 25-40K a month. This is not a job I would want to do for longer than a year but that's just me. Also, if you are going to work as a teacher, make sure you do it legally. Working for a school that doesn't sponsor you for a work permit is something you don't want to do.

Are you coming to Thailand to be around other foreigners or to be with Thais? Chiang Mai is a nice city but is the hub of foreigners hoping to make it and it's a tourist city, much like Phuket. Also, it's not that much cheaper than Bangkok. If you really want to experience the culture, go out to the villages. Work in a school in a smaller town. The pay will be less but the people will tend to be nicer and the cultural experience less westernized.

I personally prefer Bangkok or Suratthani or cities where they're not geared towards tourists. By Bangkok, I mean the areas away from the nightlife like where I live, in Bangkapi. Suratthani is a huge province and I am not referring to Koh Samui, I'm referring to out in the jungle where my wife and I have some land. But there are many places that are good options. Whether you want to go there is a different story. Personally, I think this best way for a guy to learn about Thailand is total immersion. Get a job in a small city, live on the outskirts of a village, get to know some of your neighbors, meet some farm girls, find the educated ones, and build a network of "friends." In Thailand, things take time. Most guys don't have what it takes to swoop on women in a day or two, it's a process. You get to know them a little, you build trust, get them to relax, and then they come around. I liken them to flowers that blossom. They're closed off when you first meet them but get them to relax and they truly blossom.

Sorry I don't know how to quote. Of course I am not moving there just for the women, it is first to experience the culture and people/food. I am 17 now (and in Beijing) so it is going to be in the near future. To me, if I go to a place and just mingle with expats, then there is basically no point in staying there, although knowing a few expats to help me out in the first few months/first year sounds nice. AiB, what other jobs can I get in a school or university asides from teaching English? I am also fluent in Chinese (Mandarin), so is teaching Chinese another good option? Also, is a Bachelor's degree enough for pretty much all jobs?

From what you have written, I guess a smaller city might work better for me. However, Bangkok seems a good start and I could gradually move to a smaller city once I get tired of BKK. Your strategy for picking up Thai women seems pretty good. Will they think anything of you if are still trying to learn Thai or don't know Thai yet?

:)) Please suggest some smaller towns/cities. Where are you right now and is your wife Thai?
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Bao3niang wrote:DO NOT move to any country for the women. Period. This reason alone is a shitty reason to move to a different country.

Sorry I don't know how to quote. Of course I am not moving there just for the women, it is first to experience the culture and people/food. I am 17 now (and in Beijing) so it is going to be in the near future. To me, if I go to a place and just mingle with expats, then there is basically no point in staying there, although knowing a few expats to help me out in the first few months/first year sounds nice. AiB, what other jobs can I get in a school or university asides from teaching English? I am also fluent in Chinese (Mandarin), so is teaching Chinese another good option? Also, is a Bachelor's degree enough for pretty much all jobs?

From what you have written, I guess a smaller city might work better for me. However, Bangkok seems a good start and I could gradually move to a smaller city once I get tired of BKK. Your strategy for picking up Thai women seems pretty good. Will they think anything of you if are still trying to learn Thai or don't know Thai yet?

:)) Please suggest some smaller towns/cities. Where are you right now and is your wife Thai?
You can be a teacher in a school or university. Any subject. That's about it unless you somehow manage to get into an admin position and I don't see that happening, especially at a young age.

Smaller cities...pick a city, any city. No, honestly, you're getting way ahead of yourself. You're seventeen, you've got this dream of moving to a place you've never been...sound odd? Come here, spend a month or two traveling around and see what cities you like. For me, I like places as far away from tourists as possible.

Just do things step by step.

I live in Bangkok in Bangkapi, an area where there are some foreigners but they're not tourists. We also have a place in Suratthani out in the middle of nowhere...which is awesome.