Trying to meet women in America!

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Trying to meet women in America!

Post by jamesbond »

Hi, this is my first post and I must say I really enjoyed Winstons website and all of his photo galleries!! Man those girls in Europe and Russia seem really approachable and friendly! And those women are good looking and physically fit (unlike the many cows here in America!). Women have this air about them that says "you are not allowed to have desires around me, for I am a princess!" Yet, they dress so revealing you wonder what their problem is? It seems the only place to meet women is at bars and nightclubs which really limits your opportunities! I read a survey recently that stated only 3% of people in America have met someone in a public setting like a park, bookstore, grocery store, cafe or a health club! It is just not socially acceptable to start conversations with strangers in America, unless you are in a bar or nightclub! Maybe the women are friendlier in other parts of the country like the southern states. Maybe it's time for me to move!
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

Women are indeed friendlier in the southern states. I noticed this myself during a recent vacation. Thing is, if you were to marry them, you would still be vulnerable to all the negative elements of America's divorce industry.

Also, if you're not into conservative Christianity or Blue Grass music, that might make it difficult to really connect with them. I'm sure there are southern girls who aren't of that bent, but its something to consider.
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

There is another factor I have noticed too. I was talking to some Filipino guys in Seattle and he said the single unmarried Japanese chicks who come from Japan in Vancouver Cannada are the rejects from Japan. He said you will see them floating down to Seattle too. They have really bad attitudes, don’t put out and are assorted bar fly’s and scandeless types. He said these chicks cant make it is Japanese society so they come here. I have seen this with a few Chinese chicks too. They made a good point and I think there might be some truth in that. Every freshly imported Japanese chick I have met in California was total crap. Some of the worst attitudes I have ever seen.
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster

Re: Trying to meet women in America!

Post by KristineTheStrawberryGirl »

jamesbond wrote: I read a survey recently that stated only 3% of people in America have met someone in a public setting like a park, bookstore, grocery store, cafe or a health club! It is just not socially acceptable to start conversations with strangers in America, unless you are in a bar or nightclub!
That seems to be true, and may explain a big part of the relationship problems in America. If we are so limited in where we can meet new people, and only meet people in bars, that makes it difficult to find someone that have enough in common with to get to a long-term commitment. The context of a bar tends to be rather shallow, and it is difficult to really grasp who a person is, beyond whether you want to go get laid.
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The irony of it all is that the US media likes to portray Americans as these really open, relaxed and friendly people vs. say the Russians or even Latins who are uptight and parochial and closed.

Why is it always the opposite though? Why are the people and women so friendly to strangers and so approachable in Catholic Latin countries and in the cold and gloomy Russia?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I was reading recently an article where experts where saying in America it's not socially acceptable to start conversations with people we don't know. It's taboo to talk to strangers in America for some reason. No wonder why there are so many lonely people in America. Just look at how people act on a bus or train in America. Nobody makes eye contact with other people or talks to anybody. Americans are very anti-social and unfriendly. Only 8% of Americans socialize with their neighbors according to a recent survey! Most Americans don't even know who there neighbors are! It's incredible the social conditions here in America.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

That's an oddity of American culture... while we're still in high school or college, it was still OK to just meet and talk with people. But once they left college, suddenly they acquire a wall around their personal space.

I went back to college at age 28 to finish my degree, and it was very easy to talk to girls sitting around you in class. They were relaxed and socially open. But if you're waiting in line at a supermarket and try to talk to others, they'd far less open to conversation.

Around Orange County, it's easier to chat up girls if you find them in groups, roaming around malls and cafe's in evenings. There's a certain comfort zone to them when they're among friends and less fearful to strangers. The same girl who might flirt with you with her friends at night, would be less inclined to speak to you if she was solo during day time.

Also, location matters. San Francisco and Berkeley are more open than, say, Pasadena. In those places you have many people walking around the street at night, and those in SF are far friendlier than Pasadena.