Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Buying gifts for your foreign GF

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
Hero
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Buying gifts for your foreign GF

Post by Hero » May 11th, 2013, 2:03 am

So I tried to mail some Easter candy to my Filipina friend using the post office, and she never got it. I assume it got stolen in the Philippines.
Now her birthday is coming up, and of course I don't want to use the post office again to mail her a present. So I went to the FedEx store instead, and it turns out that it would cost $160 to mail her $5 worth of brownies :shock:
Then it occured to me: I'm an idiot. I could have just bought something online and had it shipped within the Philippines. I found this website for buying and shipping gifts in the Philippines:

http://www.phgifts.com/giftsforher-067.html

Have any of you done business with these guys? Can you suggest other websites like this? I gotta get a gift for my Ukrainian gf too :D




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



davewe
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1434
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 3:21 am

Re: Buying gifts for your foreign GF

Post by davewe » May 11th, 2013, 3:24 am

Hero wrote:So I tried to mail some Easter candy to my Filipina friend using the post office, and she never got it. I assume it got stolen in the Philippines.
Now her birthday is coming up, and of course I don't want to use the post office again to mail her a present. So I went to the FedEx store instead, and it turns out that it would cost $160 to mail her $5 worth of brownies :shock:
Then it occured to me: I'm an idiot. I could have just bought something online and had it shipped within the Philippines. I found this website for buying and shipping gifts in the Philippines:

http://www.phgifts.com/giftsforher-067.html

Have any of you done business with these guys? Can you suggest other websites like this? I gotta get a gift for my Ukrainian gf too :D
There's a large number of these. Especially with mothers day coming up I am inundated with ads. The one I have used for flowers and candy is: Send Flowers To Philippines sendflowerstophilippines.net

Hero
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Post by Hero » May 11th, 2013, 12:10 pm

Good one, Dave. Thanks!

User avatar
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2661
Joined: March 9th, 2011, 6:09 pm
Location: London

Post by xiongmao » May 12th, 2013, 2:11 am

Good find. Just don't go overboard with gifts or your girl will get the idea that 1 man = some nice gifts sometimes, 10 men = birthday time every week!
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.

Hero
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Post by Hero » May 12th, 2013, 2:40 am

xiongmao wrote:Good find. Just don't go overboard with gifts or your girl will get the idea that 1 man = some nice gifts sometimes, 10 men = birthday time every week!
Good advice. But, I've met them in person and I'm pretty sure they're good girls.

JimmyC
Freshman Poster
Posts: 10
Joined: May 10th, 2013, 1:16 am
Location: Oregon, USA

Post by JimmyC » May 12th, 2013, 2:52 am

Hero wrote:
xiongmao wrote:Good find. Just don't go overboard with gifts or your girl will get the idea that 1 man = some nice gifts sometimes, 10 men = birthday time every week!
Good advice. But, I've met them in person and I'm pretty sure they're good girls.
My sense (at least with Filipinas) is that if you treat them right they will take a bullet for you. Betray them, however, and they will put one in *you*. ;)

Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster
Posts: 110
Joined: June 15th, 2012, 9:36 pm

Post by Christianfilipinacom » May 12th, 2013, 8:12 am

We have a setup where we send a dozen roses and/or a Christian Filipina T-shirt, for members of our site to their lady. It's just starting but it's getting good reception. If you want to send her this stuff, call up our Customer service at 800 578 1469 with your credit card, we ship it anywhere in the Philippines!

Hero
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Post by Hero » May 12th, 2013, 11:58 am

JimmyC wrote:My sense (at least with Filipinas) is that if you treat them right they will take a bullet for you. Betray them, however, and they will put one in *you*. ;)
Absolutely. Kindness makes their clothes fall off :lol:
It blows my mind, after my experiences with American women who view nice guys as weak.

Hero
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Post by Hero » May 12th, 2013, 11:06 pm

I just found out that my Filipina friend just got the Easter candy. It just took 2 months to get there.

Array9
Freshman Poster
Posts: 252
Joined: January 14th, 2013, 4:49 pm

Post by Array9 » May 12th, 2013, 11:30 pm

Hero wrote:I just found out that my Filipina friend just got the Easter candy. It just took 2 months to get there.
A few years ago I sent a package of chocolate and nice soaps for a friend in Ozamis, Mindanao. It took almost six months to arrive there. I think it all depends on where your girl lives. Sending anything to big cities like Manila or Cebu city should take 7-10 days. In the province, it can take 14-30 days.

I used the USPS for shipping.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.

Hero
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm

Post by Hero » May 13th, 2013, 2:44 am

Array9 wrote:A few years ago I sent a package of chocolate and nice soaps for a friend in Ozamis, Mindanao. It took almost six months to arrive there. I think it all depends on where your girl lives. Sending anything to big cities like Manila or Cebu city should take 7-10 days. In the province, it can take 14-30 days.
I sent it to Cebu. Don't know what the freaking hold up was. I'll never ship anything from the USA to a foreign country again.

User avatar
Bill
Freshman Poster
Posts: 2
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 11:33 pm

Post by Bill » January 5th, 2014, 11:38 pm

For Christmas I sent my fiance a watch from there and was surprised that it got to her house in three days. I was thinking it was going to be late!

Devil Dog
Freshman Poster
Posts: 470
Joined: February 5th, 2013, 7:55 am

Post by Devil Dog » January 6th, 2014, 12:06 am

Hero wrote:
Array9 wrote:A few years ago I sent a package of chocolate and nice soaps for a friend in Ozamis, Mindanao. It took almost six months to arrive there. I think it all depends on where your girl lives. Sending anything to big cities like Manila or Cebu city should take 7-10 days. In the province, it can take 14-30 days.
I sent it to Cebu. Don't know what the freaking hold up was. I'll never ship anything from the USA to a foreign country again.

I ship to non-US countries almost every weekday for my business.

Here is the Cliff's Notes version:
1. Use Priority Mail (but not the Small Flat Rate Box or Flat Rate Envelope when mailing to second and third world countries.
2. Or use First Class Registered Mail. It is slower but very secure.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women”