Meeting a foreign woman after a year of chatting on skype

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
RedMenace
Freshman Poster

Meeting a foreign woman after a year of chatting on skype

Post by RedMenace »

So I bought the ticket to Shanghai for early December and will be handing in the visa application on Wednesday. As happy as I am I find it hard to sleep lately because I think a lot about how I am going approach this woman. I have read a bit about Chinese courtship to decipher how I am going to advance the relationship. I will be living with her for 20 days so we will be together for the whole visit. However I read that coexisting is frowned upon in China. Premarital sex is also frowned upon. It would be a failure if we don't get up close and personal because that's the only way to seal the deal. She responds well to romantic actions so it may be a way to break the shell. Do you guys have any dos and don'ts when courting a Chinese female behind closed doors?

She always says she "misses" me. I just read that actually has a far greater and significant meaning than in the West. :shock: It's actually a sign that she has already chosen you as a future spouse. I never knew this lol. I just thought she was just saying that for no reason. :shock: Will only find out when I get there I suppose.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

I hope you're right and that it works for you man. :o But (FYI) I have had foreign women tell me this almost every e-mail, only to stop writing later on. :roll: But I still am rooting for ya. 8)

May the force be with you :shock:
RedMenace
Freshman Poster

Post by RedMenace »

jtest28 wrote:I hope you're right and that it works for you man. :o But (FYI) I have had foreign women tell me this almost every e-mail, only to stop writing later on. :roll: But I still am rooting for ya. 8)

May the force be with you :shock:
Well it could be because the women you were speaking to were westernised. You can tell by their level of spoken English. If it's high then they most certainly are westernised and their words will not have the same meaning as their unwesternised counterpart. I had to teach mine English from scratch. She only knew how to say hello and that was about it.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

You actually taught her over Skype? That is quite remarkable.