Canadian man searches for his missing fiancee

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Z Man
Freshman Poster

Canadian man searches for his missing fiancee

Post by Z Man »

One of my Filipina friends posted this on Facebook today:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-no ... 33567.html

In summary: This Canadian man lost contact with his Filipina fiancee after the latest typhoon Haiyan. He travels to her hometown to find her and get her medical attention, etc.

The story itself is cool, however what I found interesting is the mostly Western commenters and the stigma that still seems to exist, and calling her a "mail-order bride". There seem to be a lot of idiots out there, if their comments are real.

I am still new to this subject, so I am wondering how prevalent is this negative attitude about Filipino women and other Asians only interested in visa and draining their man of all his money, etc. There seems to be a growing community of Filipina- haters or something. Or is this hate for any foreign women in general :?

Comments welcome. :)

P.S. The article doesn't say the amount of money this Canadian spent or will spend, to help his fiancee and her family. I wonder if the reality of this "love story" will turn into a tale of massive debt. :( How far would you go, in this scenario?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Canadian man searches for his missing fiancee

Post by zboy1 »

Z Man wrote:One of my Filipina friends posted this on Facebook today:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-no ... 33567.html

In summary: This Canadian man lost contact with his Filipina fiancee after the latest typhoon Haiyan. He travels to her hometown to find her and get her medical attention, etc.

The story itself is cool, however what I found interesting is the mostly Western commenters and the stigma that still seems to exist, and calling her a "mail-order bride". There seem to be a lot of idiots out there, if their comments are real.

I am still new to this subject, so I am wondering how prevalent is this negative attitude about Filipino women and other Asians only interested in visa and draining their man of all his money, etc. There seems to be a growing community of Filipina- haters or something. Or is this hate for any foreign women in general :?

Comments welcome. :)

P.S. The article doesn't say the amount of money this Canadian spent or will spend, to help his fiancee and her family. I wonder if the reality of this "love story" will turn into a tale of massive debt. :( How far would you go, in this scenario?
Oh, there certainly is a lot of 'stigma' out there in marrying foreign women in the United States...and the Anglo world in particular. No question. I've had Asian women married to Western men tell me stories of people coming up to their husbands and asking if wives are "mail-order brides," or men making "Me So Horny" comments to some Asian females--in front of their husbands.

Another common story I hear about among interracial couples are the constant stares in restaurants or other public places, so...yeah. There definitely is some stigma out there...as idiotic as that seems.