Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Wow My Ancestors Had Interesting Lives...

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Wow My Ancestors Had Interesting Lives...

Postby xiongmao » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm back in Farangland right now and my mom was showing me some of the old family documents she'd been looking through.

I found out my great grandfather was born in the 1850's and his kid (my grandmother) was born when he was in his 60s (his wife was in her 30's). So quite an age difference.

His wife was also British, but I kind of think this is the same sort of age difference you'd see today with modern day Farangs and their Filipina brides.

My mom is trying to find out more about them.

Apparently he really worshiped his kid - I guess it's really something to have a child at that age.

Sadly they had quite a tough life. His business partner shafted him and ran off with all the money from their import business. He died with an overdraft :shock:.

Hmm, there's an interesting BBC period drama waiting to be written out of that material.

Anything interesting go on in your ancestors' past?
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women