Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Women who are looking for "The One"

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Women who are looking for "The One"

Postby jamesbond » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:38 pm

This guy explains to women why the idea of finding "the one" is a myth and why women should stop believing in it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFUFy4GbdQ&list=UU9HGzFGt7BLmWDqooUbWGBg[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby amigo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:14 am

if you make a binary tree, and consider 'the one' to be the top of the tree, and the rest of us at the bottom, you will see that people that make decisions move downward into the tree and have lots of options, and people who seek 'the one' are moving passively up the tree and have very few options, meaning they have virtually no options.
amigo
Freshman Poster

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:15 am

I have had this same discussion with so-called educated women who maintain this myth that there is "the one." It is illogical, childish and part of the magical thinking that women engage in.

There are likely millions of appropriate matches for women, but by putting out this notion of "the one," pop culture sets and unattainable standard on men and this is but one reason marriages don't last in America.

Find a woman that does not believe in this crap, and you will find a keeper. That will likely be abroad in my experience.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby sea_dragon » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:02 pm

Most people believe in this crap that there's someone for everyone, despite the fact that many people will die alone without a mate.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:44 pm

Just advised a lady yesterday, as I always do: Think what you have to offer, in looks, fertility, time off, baggage. THEN, think for WHOM you would be a highly desired, cute girl. Not who is cute to you. Who would think YOU are cute... so he will treat you well.

I've explained this to women a couple of times, and they seem to get it. But it is like new information to them.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women