3 Nationalities of Asian Girl to avoid dating

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

3 Nationalities of Asian Girl to avoid dating

Post by MrPeabody »

This is a video from an australian man who seems to know what he is talking about.

He explains why you should avoid dating in South Korea, Phillipines, and Thailand.

At about 15:56 he gives a horrific story illustrating how women in the Philippines are deceitful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42wRmro1D_o
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: 3 Nationalities of Asian Girl to avoid dating

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

MrPeabody wrote:
January 22nd, 2024, 10:36 am
This is a video from an australian man who seems to know what he is talking about.

He explains why you should avoid dating in South Korea, Phillipines, and Thailand.

At about 15:56 he gives a horrific story illustrating how women in the Philippines are deceitful.

I'm surprised how he is correct on South Korean women. :lol:
Yeah they are just so horrible. That's why Korean birthrate is the lowest on the planet. :lol:
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

MrPeabody wrote:

Maybe this was about a bad group of women.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

MrMan wrote:
January 22nd, 2024, 11:19 am
MrPeabody wrote:

MR.MAN, What do you think about Indonesian women? :wink:
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
January 22nd, 2024, 11:40 am
MrMan wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:

If I'd never married and knew what I know now, I might try to find an Indonesian wife. It turned out well for me. Indonesian women tend to be family oriented. I would only consider Christian women as potential candidates, which eliminates most of the country, but there are many millions of professing Christians there.

Just about any country in that part of the world is going to have naughty girls, bar girls, semi-pro sluts, prostitutes, etc. Sexpats who hang out in bars to pick up girls, the select a girl they pick up as wives aren't fishing in the right pond. Men who go to the Philippines and bring back bar girls may have bad experiences. I don't know that Indonesia has whole cities that are known for prostitution and go-go girls like in the Philippines. There is no big US army base. I hear Bangkok has some wild streets somewhere in the city. There are some parts of town where there are lots of hostess girls in front of the club, or were decades ago, in Blok M, which also has legitimate commerce and restaurants. A friend of mine told me when he was invited out with expats to get business and his wife couldn't go, he'd take a female employee to protect him from getting squeezed at what he called the 'Squeeze me bar.' This was over 20 years ago, but he said the men and women would feel each other up if they didn't have dates, and men would go home with a girl, and give her 200K 'taxi money' the next day-- so I guess what is called a semi-pro situation on this forum because the taxi might have costs 30k to 50K back then. Prostitution is illegal, and the government busts places of prostitution, so I think it is less common than in some countries that are more tolerant. Still, if you go to Indonesia and hang out in whorish places, you could get a whorish woman.

Indonesia is made up of lots of people-groups. Javanese are the largest. The women are supposed to be demure. People hide their emotions under politeness. For the most part it is genuine, but it is possible to offend them. There is a saying that they are nice to you until they are ready to kill you. I've heard the stereotype that Javanese wives are submissive. I don't have direct experience. My wife could have a bit of Javanese blood from way back but it isn't her culture. A lot of the important government positions are occupied by Javanese, though there are other ethnic groups, too. Sundanese are similar to Javanese, but some people say their women are better-looking. I haven't really noticed. They are kind of like Scotch Irish in that some people say they don't intermarry well, though a lot of people are part Sunda and Jawa since their territory overlaps. From what I heard, Sundanese have high divorce rates compared to other Indonesians. Batak culture tends to be patriarchal in some ways, but people wear their hearts on their sleeves, and they speak their mind. Woman can be spunky, hot-tempered, or mild tempered. There is room in the culture for people who are expressive of their emotions, so a lot of the lawyers and preachers are Batak. Also drivers and thugs. The

Padang/Minang/Minangkabau is a matriarchal culture that accepted Islam. So they have husband prices and women inherit farms. The old royal lineage came through the woman (according to a friend of mine who said he was from the royal family on his mother's side.) But they are heavily Islamic, so maybe that tempers the matriarchal tendencies somewhat. Still, the woman inherits the family home and the man has to go out and make his own way financially. I think Acehnese are similar-- even more Islamic, but culture tends to be matriarchal.

Chinese is a big minority group there, too. Some of them are kind of rich, so the girls grew up with maids. There are poor Chinese also. I can't really characterize their culture much. If they marry outside Chinese, the children aren't Chinese. Some of them may think of whites on the same level as they are, according to a friend who married an Indonesian Chinese. A lot of the Chinese there seem to be smart people, and a lot of the entrepreneurial minded folks are Chinese. I don't know that the women are more traditional. It seemed like among the Chinese, really pretty Chinese girls were rarer there than my impressions are of China.

Aknes Monika, who my wife kind of knew, not well, but knew as a child, is what I would consider pretty Chinese, but not really pretty Chinese. I was going to post a link, but it was ridiculously long.

My impression of Manadonese, some of whom kind of look Chinese, is that they have a culture similar to Filipinos-- spent a lot of money on parties. My wife says they might borrow to wear nice clothes. Presenting a good image is important. I don't know much about their faithfulness in marriage, etc.

Bali is majority Hindu. I've known some kind of pretty Balinese that US expats married. That's a popular location, so some of the expats may snag the pretty girls. I don't know if they tend to be better looking than the average Indonesian.

I've known some Papua tribes, including having a live-in maid. Those are dark-skinned who reminded me of Australian Aborigenies. As for marriage with them, I don't know. The one who lived with us tried to control the kids like a bossy nanny after we had her back after we'd had kids and she'd inherited some money. My wife thought she'd gotten a bit proud because of the inheritance. Before that, she'd talk about people who would 'bunuh' someone if they did something in her family or among her relatives. Bunuh means kill, so it was kind of like American slang but sounds a lot harsher and more serious in Indonesian. Papua has lots of tribes, so they aren't always that similar between one tribe and another.

In general, there seem to be a lot of patriarchal cultures there. I get the impression that generally women are okay with men being the head of the home. They might work, too, but value cooking and taking care of the family. This might be changing in the cities with more working women. When I was there, I overheard my wife and a pretty early 20's relative lamenting over a girl about 19 or 20 in the family network who had lost her virginity and slept around. The girl lamenting this was from the village. But I get the impression that virginity is still the norm at marriage and it is stigmatized to lose it beforehand.

For looks, I'd say when I was young, about 3 to 5% of thin 20-something white American girls in the US were attractive enough to pique my interest. Maybe something like that in South Korea or China. In Indonesia, maybe 2 to 5%. They tend to be curvier than their normal counterparts. A lot of them are okay looking in the face. But a smaller percentage of them interested me. My wife was one of those most beautiful among thousands types, to my perception. In her college there was one other girl that I found attractive enough to catch my eye, maybe one of the top three prettiest Chinese girls I saw there in the decade plus I was there, but with short hair, dating a mutual friend/acquaintance she went to school with. There might have been 400 students, but probably a lot more males than females at her college back then.

I was picky on character, too, as well as looks. Lots of girls seemed interested. If they were too desperate that turned me off. A lot of girls seemed interested in dating or marrying a white guy.

I met one feminist who was around 30 who'd studied abroad. She called herself a feminist, and wondered why some nearly 50 guy she'd secretly liked who had just said 'hi' to her and things like that had gone overseas and come back with a good-looking well-dressed women. I think she'd told him she was a feminist. Another woman was a senior citizen whose employer had paid for her to get a masters in Minnesota, who had trouble getting along with her husband, after she had discovered her 'power' in the US. She didn't call herself a feminist. I didn't hear about feminism over there. They have a department of women's issues that is concerned for women, but I didn't hear 'feminism'.

In some ways it's kind of like the 50's US for levels of prudishness vs. libertine, maybe early 1960's, stuck at that level for decades. I think a man can find a good wife there, but he'd need to be selective just like anyplace else.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

MrMan wrote:
January 22nd, 2024, 2:14 pm
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
January 22nd, 2024, 11:40 am
MrMan wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:

If I'd never married and knew what I know now, I might try to find an Indonesian wife. It turned out well for me. Indonesian women tend to be family oriented. I would only consider Christian women as potential candidates, which eliminates most of the country, but there are many millions of professing Christians there.

Just about any country in that part of the world is going to have naughty girls, bar girls, semi-pro sluts, prostitutes, etc. Sexpats who hang out in bars to pick up girls, the select a girl they pick up as wives aren't fishing in the right pond. Men who go to the Philippines and bring back bar girls may have bad experiences. I don't know that Indonesia has whole cities that are known for prostitution and go-go girls like in the Philippines. There is no big US army base. I hear Bangkok has some wild streets somewhere in the city. There are some parts of town where there are lots of hostess girls in front of the club, or were decades ago, in Blok M, which also has legitimate commerce and restaurants. A friend of mine told me when he was invited out with expats to get business and his wife couldn't go, he'd take a female employee to protect him from getting squeezed at what he called the 'Squeeze me bar.' This was over 20 years ago, but he said the men and women would feel each other up if they didn't have dates, and men would go home with a girl, and give her 200K 'taxi money' the next day-- so I guess what is called a semi-pro situation on this forum because the taxi might have costs 30k to 50K back then. Prostitution is illegal, and the government busts places of prostitution, so I think it is less common than in some countries that are more tolerant. Still, if you go to Indonesia and hang out in whorish places, you could get a whorish woman.

Indonesia is made up of lots of people-groups. Javanese are the largest. The women are supposed to be demure. People hide their emotions under politeness. For the most part it is genuine, but it is possible to offend them. There is a saying that they are nice to you until they are ready to kill you. I've heard the stereotype that Javanese wives are submissive. I don't have direct experience. My wife could have a bit of Javanese blood from way back but it isn't her culture. A lot of the important government positions are occupied by Javanese, though there are other ethnic groups, too. Sundanese are similar to Javanese, but some people say their women are better-looking. I haven't really noticed. They are kind of like Scotch Irish in that some people say they don't intermarry well, though a lot of people are part Sunda and Jawa since their territory overlaps. From what I heard, Sundanese have high divorce rates compared to other Indonesians. Batak culture tends to be patriarchal in some ways, but people wear their hearts on their sleeves, and they speak their mind. Woman can be spunky, hot-tempered, or mild tempered. There is room in the culture for people who are expressive of their emotions, so a lot of the lawyers and preachers are Batak. Also drivers and thugs. The

Padang/Minang/Minangkabau is a matriarchal culture that accepted Islam. So they have husband prices and women inherit farms. The old royal lineage came through the woman (according to a friend of mine who said he was from the royal family on his mother's side.) But they are heavily Islamic, so maybe that tempers the matriarchal tendencies somewhat. Still, the woman inherits the family home and the man has to go out and make his own way financially. I think Acehnese are similar-- even more Islamic, but culture tends to be matriarchal.

Chinese is a big minority group there, too. Some of them are kind of rich, so the girls grew up with maids. There are poor Chinese also. I can't really characterize their culture much. If they marry outside Chinese, the children aren't Chinese. Some of them may think of whites on the same level as they are, according to a friend who married an Indonesian Chinese. A lot of the Chinese there seem to be smart people, and a lot of the entrepreneurial minded folks are Chinese. I don't know that the women are more traditional. It seemed like among the Chinese, really pretty Chinese girls were rarer there than my impressions are of China.

Aknes Monika, who my wife kind of knew, not well, but knew as a child, is what I would consider pretty Chinese, but not really pretty Chinese. I was going to post a link, but it was ridiculously long.

My impression of Manadonese, some of whom kind of look Chinese, is that they have a culture similar to Filipinos-- spent a lot of money on parties. My wife says they might borrow to wear nice clothes. Presenting a good image is important. I don't know much about their faithfulness in marriage, etc.

Bali is majority Hindu. I've known some kind of pretty Balinese that US expats married. That's a popular location, so some of the expats may snag the pretty girls. I don't know if they tend to be better looking than the average Indonesian.

I've known some Papua tribes, including having a live-in maid. Those are dark-skinned who reminded me of Australian Aborigenies. As for marriage with them, I don't know. The one who lived with us tried to control the kids like a bossy nanny after we had her back after we'd had kids and she'd inherited some money. My wife thought she'd gotten a bit proud because of the inheritance. Before that, she'd talk about people who would 'bunuh' someone if they did something in her family or among her relatives. Bunuh means kill, so it was kind of like American slang but sounds a lot harsher and more serious in Indonesian. Papua has lots of tribes, so they aren't always that similar between one tribe and another.

In general, there seem to be a lot of patriarchal cultures there. I get the impression that generally women are okay with men being the head of the home. They might work, too, but value cooking and taking care of the family. This might be changing in the cities with more working women. When I was there, I overheard my wife and a pretty early 20's relative lamenting over a girl about 19 or 20 in the family network who had lost her virginity and slept around. The girl lamenting this was from the village. But I get the impression that virginity is still the norm at marriage and it is stigmatized to lose it beforehand.

For looks, I'd say when I was young, about 3 to 5% of thin 20-something white American girls in the US were attractive enough to pique my interest. Maybe something like that in South Korea or China. In Indonesia, maybe 2 to 5%. They tend to be curvier than their normal counterparts. A lot of them are okay looking in the face. But a smaller percentage of them interested me. My wife was one of those most beautiful among thousands types, to my perception. In her college there was one other girl that I found attractive enough to catch my eye, maybe one of the top three prettiest Chinese girls I saw there in the decade plus I was there, but with short hair, dating a mutual friend/acquaintance she went to school with. There might have been 400 students, but probably a lot more males than females at her college back then.

I was picky on character, too, as well as looks. Lots of girls seemed interested. If they were too desperate that turned me off. A lot of girls seemed interested in dating or marrying a white guy.

I met one feminist who was around 30 who'd studied abroad. She called herself a feminist, and wondered why some nearly 50 guy she'd secretly liked who had just said 'hi' to her and things like that had gone overseas and come back with a good-looking well-dressed women. I think she'd told him she was a feminist. Another woman was a senior citizen whose employer had paid for her to get a masters in Minnesota, who had trouble getting along with her husband, after she had discovered her 'power' in the US. She didn't call herself a feminist. I didn't hear about feminism over there. They have a department of women's issues that is concerned for women, but I didn't hear 'feminism'.

In some ways it's kind of like the 50's US for levels of prudishness vs. libertine, maybe early 1960's, stuck at that level for decades. I think a man can find a good wife there, but he'd need to be selective just like anyplace else.
Wow. Thanks! Interesting assessments. I'm somewhat intrigued and mystified with Indonesian culture. I have never studied up on Indonesian ethnic groups and their history. Not lot of members here have explored on Indonesian culture either and it seems that not lot of sexpats and whore mongors have reached Indonesia yet because it's not on their radar. Thanks for your detailed summary.

The only Indonesian woman I met was through Facebook in 2019 and she was an Indonesian Christian who is into K-Pop and K-Drama. I don't know what ethnic group she belonged too, but her skin was snow white and she was pretty looking and had some curves too. She wanted to learn enough Korean, so she can travel to South Korea some day and meet her "Oppa"- 오빠. :lol: All the other Korean male beta Orbiters were onto her like bees to a honey and always complimenting her Korean skills. She was pleasing to the eyes. But unfortunately, Me and her stopped corresponding because she was a massive koreanophile and I didn't like most Koreans just like Lucas88 doesn't like British people. :lol: Also I live in America and she lives in Indonesia and really wanted to settle in South Korea. Oh well, sh*t. It kinda sucked. She was hot too, had a nice round ass and I wanted to f*ck her bad when she come over to the U.S and teach her more about Korean culture.