Do most people secretly admire Adolf Hitler?

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.

Do you secretly admire Adolf Hitler? Be honest, your vote will be anonymous.

Yes, I do. He was an admirable and amazing leader who brought his country out of ruin into great strength and prosperity, even if he was misguided.
59%
No, I don't and never have. He was an evil tyrant who spread racist hatred and massacred many innocent Jews and people.
41%

Total votes: 29
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
If you doubt the existence of the eleven Apostles and Paul, then where did all the churches across Hellenic Asia and in Rome come from? Did people just wake up one morning and DECIDE it would be a good idea to abandon accepted religion, get ostracized, get tortured to death?
That's a long discussion. Go to the links I posted above for more info. Yes people are easily deluded. Look at all the cults today. Christianity was a cult back then. It was probably created to control and pacify the Jews, who were becoming aggressive and militarialistic back then. See the film "Caesar's Messiah" that I posted about in another thread.
[/quote]

No it's not a long discussion. Answer the question.

No I'm not going to read a library of hogwash academic-whore fashionista links. I've known more professors than you ever will, and I know how they publish hogwash i order to break through the clutter, make a buck and get promoted. If there's something credible, quote it.

Cult, eh? Is THAT your answer? Men and women were mutilated, boiled in oil, crucified, grilled... and didn't crack or deny Jesus... because SOMEONE BRAINWASHED THEM?

So who did the brainwashing? Could it be..... JESUS?

Winston wrote:
The Bible IS the historical record. There is LOTS of family history about episodes in his youth - the Nativity, the Flight to Egypt, Presentation at the Temple, the Finding at the Temple, reading Scripture in the Synagogue, the Wedding at Canae.

How many youths under 30 in ancient Israel have ANY of their activities written down?
Why is the Bible historical record to you? No historian thinks that unless he's a Christian.

Most historians ARE Christians, Winston. And HAVE been, for the last millennium and a half. Deal with it.

No need to listen to Bible-thumping street preachers, though. They make it sound like the Bible descended from heaven, carried by angels. Not so. The Bible is just the stuff that people wrote down, a lot of it just chronicles events as people experienced them.
It's a collection of ancient books. Often colored by a point of view. Just like anything people wrote down.

That's what history is. Stuff that happened, that someone wrote down.

In the early days after Jesus, there WERE many other records of Jesus circulating, for example the Gospel of Mary. Church Fathers didn't include them in the Bible, which as you point out wasn't collected and standardized for over a century after Jesus's crucifixion, death and resurrection.

Winston wrote:
Winston, no one was keeping a blog of daily activities back then. What we have written down was only what was first recounted orally, and it was recounted orally only because the teller thought it important or worthy or even amusing.
There were 40 historians in the Roman Empire during 0 to 30AD. None of them mention Jesus or his resurrection. If the resurrection occurred, surely someone would have reported it in the news back then?
NEWS FLASH TO WINSTON: Jesus didn't even begin preaching till "about 30 years of age". That would put it about 30 A.D., give or take (years weren't numbered back then, at least not by Romans). And he wasn't famous when he started, known in his hometown only as "the carpenter's son", as the Bible relates. He was famous in Jerusalem only in the last days (or perhaps months) of his life. He was STILL nobody important to Herod and Pontius Pilate when he was brought before them for trial. His movement had not reached beyond the immediate area of Galilee and Judaea AT ALL. So why would Roman historians have taken any notice of him so early?
Winston wrote: See those links I posted above. There are many other arguments that scholars have that Jesus probably didn't exist.

I don't know if he existed or not. But the evidence isn't as strong as you think. Non-religious historians, such as those in the Jesus Seminar, maintain that Jesus probably existed but the historical Jesus and the Jesus in the Gospels aren't the same.
Now you're waffling. He existed or he didn't exist? This thread started off with you saying there was no evidence he existed. If you think he existed, we can close the thread. You've come around!

Winston wrote:
What are "normal historians"? Christian historians with no bias? LOL
Josephus, for example, is the most famous Jewish historian, our main source for information about the destruction of Jerusalem that soon followed. He mentions Jesus clearly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus
Winston wrote:
You can't compare Alexander the Great. There are many historical records of his existence at the time of his existence. But you can't say the same for Jesus.
I believe I DID compare him, actually. In fact, if you do a search, you will find a lot MORE records of Jesus than of Alexander. Go ahead, and tell me what you find.
That's a HORRIBLE argument. Just because there are many copies of the Bible, doesn't mean there are more historical records for Jesus than Alexander the Great. Terrible argument. Terrible. I can't believe you fell for such weak propaganda from Evangelists like Josh McDowell.

I could use the same argument and say that because there are so many copies of Star Wars in the world, that there are more records of Star Wars being real, than there are for you being real. lol

See how bad of an argument that is?
You really missed the point. I didnt mean there are a lot of COPIES of the Bible. Let me explain this slowly. I was referring to the fact that the existence of Jesus is mentioned as historical fact in a GREATER NUMBER OF SEPARATE PUBLICATIONS than would be true for Alexander the Great.

What happens here is that you find God hard to believe in, so you assume the Bible is therefore fraudulent. Because if YOU can't wrap your mind around something, then whoever says it is so, must be a fraud, dadgummit. You assume some cabal of schemers or fiction-writers made the Gospels up. But now, you are left with the fact tha all the great minds of the last two millennia, and yes, all the historians, Christian or otherwise, have all agreed that there was a famous teacher in Galilee named Jesus who was opposed by Jewish authorities, and was crucified by the Romans. Many historians and others who call him Jesus of Nazareth, rather than Jesus Christ, because they doubt His divinity. Just as I refer to "Buddha" as Siddartha Gautama (when I remember to do so). But I do not doubt that a real guy existed, taught, and started what we call Buddhism. Just as no serious historian doubts that Jesus existed and taught.
Winston wrote: All writings that mention him start at around 70AD.
You go by the U.S. copyright date on those parchments, do you?
What? The US didn't even exist in 70AD. Again, bad argument.
Are you smoking dope? That was MY point. I guess sarcasm is lost on you. There IS no copyright date on these old documents. Dating them is an art, it is not exact.

For example, some debunker-type scholars will even assume that a book of prophecy which came tru, HAD to be written after the events it predicts - because the prdiction is too accurate. I personally would admit the possibiliy that someone would have written a dire prophecy of warning "ex post facto", in other words after a terrible event, in order to make apoint... but these "scholars" just assume that that's how it had to be, with no evidence except there own disbelief in Divine foresight. They are assuming what they ought to be proving.
Winston wrote: The Gospels have been dated by all historians at 70-90AD. These people did years of scholarly work. All you do is listen to propaganda of Christian apologists.

Sorry but there is no evidence that they existed before then. Deal with it.
Winston if you're argument is that the Gospels didn't get written down in their current form before 70 A.D. I would agree with you.

Books were rare in those days, and the early Church grew without a New Testament. For example the Book of the Acts of the Apostles, written by Dr. Luke, recounts a lot of the stuff the Eleven and Paul did over a period at least couple of decades after the Resurrection. I think most scholars put te Crucifixion around 33A.D. (30 A.D. + 3 years of ministry = 33 A.D.) Then add my personal guesstimate of two decades of the Book of Acts and you come to around 53 A.D. Yet still no Gospels mentioned in the Book of Acts.

The Apostles were talking and preaching about Jesus and the Kingdom of Heaven, not circulating a finished Bible.

Paul was circulating letters, and so were some others, but these had not yet been gathered into one volume.

"Acts" mentions a conflict between Paul and Peter, and Paul mentions this separately in his letters. From a different point of view. Those letters are what historians would call "original source material". They did finally get included in the Bible.

I don't think was even standardized till like 150 AD, and it is still different in the Ethiopian, Armenian and other Churches (we included a few more Old Testament books).

BTW the last book in the Bible is Revelation, written by John, living in exile up in the Crimea after surviving torture. John was a young man or older teen when he was one of the Twelve Apostles. I think he was around 90 years old when he wrote "Revelation", so that would put it around 100 A.D. or later. So no way could the whole Bible have been around even in 70 A.D.

He had already written the Gospel of John. Which is interesting, because although it agrees with the other Gospels in some places, it has a totally different point of view. It's clear that whover wrote it had been one of the Twelve, but had probably not even read he other Gospels. Each Gospel was an independent booklet that began circulating to spread the Good News. They became necessary when the immediate participants were getting old. After all that's when people usually write down their memories.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That documentary I mentioned "Adolf Hitler: The Greatest Story Never Told" is now complete. Here is the entire film on one YouTube link. It's nearly 6 hours long. This is the only documentary ever made that presents Hitler's side of the story, which the Western media has never presented. If you didn't admire Hitler before, you will after watching it for sure.

Description:

For a long time the world has been manipulated on the history of the Second World War. Overwhelming evidence, Exposing Lies and Truth about Adolf Hitler, His childhood, his rise in Germany and Europe, his ideals, defeats and victories are all in this documentary.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this three hour interview with Jim Condit Jr about how Hitler was raised up by Zionist Jewish bankers. It's a very fascinating discussion and explains why Hitler only persecuted the poor Jews, and not the elite Jewish bankers he raved against. Jim argues that Hitler was neither a cartoon villain trying to take over the world, nor the noble honorable man that neo-nazis think he was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTnHcHsUNM0

Here is Jim's documentary film "The Final Solution to Adolf Hitler":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ5MeQnmLo0
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well I guess our own poll results here show that most people here do in fact secretly admire Hitler.

I was thinking, after watching documentaries about Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, and Napoleon Bonaparte, doesn't Hitler belong in the same category? After all, he was the last person to conquer Europe, which puts him in the same league with Alexander, Caesar and Napoleon. So doesn't that make him worthy of respect as a great conqueror? Doesn't that make him a legend? Why not call him Hitler the Great since Napoleon is also called Napoleon the Great?

Why is it that Alexander, Caesar and Napoleon are considered by Western history to be "great conquerors" whereas Hitler is considered to be "the most evil monster in history"? All great conquerors have killed many people during their campaigns, including those three. So why is Hitler demonized but the others aren't? Is there a logical reason?

During his time, Napoleon was considered a tyrant by many. So they had to exile him. Yet today, he is romanticized as one of the greatest and most interesting characters in history. Does that mean that someday, Hitler will be romanticized as well? How come when Napoleon was defeated, he was exiled and given a small island country to rule over? But if Hitler was captured, he would have been tortured and executed, and not exiled? Were people more civilized during Napoleon's time? Or did the world just respect him a lot more?

Btw, check out this 1935 film produced by the Nazis called "Triumph of the Will" which shows Hitler's speeches at the Nuremberg Rallies. It won awards that year and led to Hitler being named "Man of the Year" in Time Magazine. It's an hour and 45 minutes long and has English subtitles. If you watch it, you can't help but admire Hitler.

Triumph of the Will (1935)

Here is a clip from it where Hitler addresses the Hitler Youth. Notice that Hitler says "The German people must be peace-loving. They must love peace, yet be brave." How come the Western media never tells you that he said that, that he preached peace? He never said in his speeches that he wanted to take over the world. But I guess actions speak louder than words.

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Winston, do you also secretly admire Mao Zedong?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

fschmidt wrote:Winston, do you also secretly admire Mao Zedong?
No. Why would I? He didn't conquer Europe or any major territory. He was not a conqueror. He did not have the charisma of Hitler. His voice was not ferocious and powerful like Hitler's was.

Mao also starved millions of his people. Hitler did not starve his people. He fed everyone and gave them jobs. Watch the documentary above of Germany in 1935. Did anyone look starving there? Hitler also ended corruption in Germany. He didn't allow himself or other officials to take bribes. Mao did not do that. So why are you comparing them?

Can someone answer my questions above in my earlier post?

Why does Hitler always sound angry when he speaks? How can someone sound angry 24/7? Isn't that highly draining? Anger usually cools off, yet Hitler sound angry with every word in his speech. Why? Why doesn't he ever sound soft or calm?

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

It's not anger but genuine passion. If you know how to connect your own energy chakras properly combined with proper emotion with your vocals you can sway people quite easily if they are receptive, he is also using mesmerism techniques. From what I heard from others who studied Hitler, he used to practice for hours in front of a mirror to get every speech he gave perfectly the way he wanted it to be. Even though he does have natural charismatic leadership skills in the right environment, he still had to perfect his craft. Remember Hitler was interested in the occult as well as paganism symbolism and techniques pre-Christian so I assume he probably learned occult practices to increase his presence and political influence as well.

This book says Hitler survived WWII and went to Argentina then fled to Indonesia and dies there. Supposedly you can visit the grave Hitler's buried in in Indonesia, the hardcore Nazi sympathizers visit there all the time that know the truth.

Read this book:

Interviews:

Here's info on Hitler's Occult interest:

The official website of the Greatest Story Never Told:
http://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Hitler went to acting school to learn how to put power into his speeches. Somewhere there's a famous picture of him practicing in front of a mirror, as Mr. S mentioned.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

If you suppose for a minute that Hitler did not kill a single Jew or Gypsy, that he merely sent them off to permanent detainment at vacation resorts and spas, German archives clearly document that
he murdered tens of thousands of Germans who opposed him. Germans tend to be very good record keepers that way. The ability to give a rousing speech means little. Hitler regarded the masses as idiots and fools. At least that opinion is continually validated as we see here, so yes, he was an astute
observer of human nature. His judgment in matters of industrial capacities and Geo-political outcomes was not as great, so Germany was reduced to utter ruin. So much for being a jobs creator for the long
haul. Of course, Stalin and Mao had even larger heaps of bodies to their credit...so they must be admired for their efficiency and organizational skills I suppose. Then again, they had a much longer run, so who can say, but to this day they all have their admirers...does not say much for humanity, does it?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Winston wrote:
No. Why would I? He didn't conquer Europe or any major territory. He was not a conqueror. He did not have the charisma of Hitler. His voice was not ferocious and powerful like Hitler's was.

Mao also starved millions of his people. Hitler did not starve his people. He fed everyone and gave them jobs. Watch the documentary above of Germany in 1935. Did anyone look starving there? Hitler also ended corruption in Germany. He didn't allow himself or other officials to take bribes. Mao did not do that. So why are you comparing them?
I am comparing them since you seem to like mass murders. Mao was a conqueror. He conquered China and Tibet. Unlike Hitler, he actually kept his gains. Hitler lost and Mao won. So you prefer losers to winners? What Mao lacked in charisma, he made up for in intelligence and political skills. So you prefer charisma to real skills? Mao unified China. Hitler caused Germany to lose the war, to be demolished and divided.

Of course I don't admire either of these men. I don't admire mass murders. But you seem to admire mass murders, particularly those who are losers and don't even accomplish their own goals.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

fschmidt wrote:
Winston wrote:

I am comparing them since you seem to like mass murders. Mao was a conqueror. He conquered China and Tibet. Unlike Hitler, he actually kept his gains. Hitler lost and Mao won. So you prefer losers to winners? What Mao lacked in charisma, he made up for in intelligence and political skills. So you prefer charisma to real skills? Mao unified China. Hitler caused Germany to lose the war, to be demolished and divided.

Of course I don't admire either of these men. I don't admire mass murders. But you seem to admire mass murders, particularly those who are losers and don't even accomplish their own goals.
+1

Hitler was a LOSER. Temporary gains and then total loss of his country and death of hundreds of thousands of his own for NOTHING. Monster Mao conquered all of China and then some and kept his gains. Of course, as China went to more free enterprise, Mao's efforts and philosophy are fading.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:Why is Hitler more talked about than any other person in history though? I can't think of any other historical figure who is mentioned as often as Hitler is. Why is that? Why is everyone so fascinated by him that they can't forget him?
Because he is the most recent person to overtly attempt a conquest of the world that actually had some degree of success. I'm sure Genghis Khan was talked about quite regularly for centuries after his death, as was Caesar. World War II is still very historically recent and was an event that served to shape every major power structure of the modern world, all care of one Adolf Hitler.

I don't think he was so much truly evil as terribly misguided. He wanted to forge a better world, and would stop at nothing to achieve that vision. Death and destruction were means to an end, that final end being the ultimate betterment of mankind in his eyes. Perfect example of the road to hell being paved with good intentions.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

HouseMD wrote:
Winston wrote:Why is Hitler more talked about than any other person in history though? I can't think of any other historical figure who is mentioned as often as Hitler is. Why is that? Why is everyone so fascinated by him that they can't forget him?
Because he is the most recent person to overtly attempt a conquest of the world that actually had some degree of success. I'm sure Genghis Khan was talked about quite regularly for centuries after his death, as was Caesar. World War II is still very historically recent and was an event that served to shape every major power structure of the modern world, all care of one Adolf Hitler.

I don't think he was so much truly evil as terribly misguided. He wanted to forge a better world, and would stop at nothing to achieve that vision. Death and destruction were means to an end, that final end being the ultimate betterment of mankind in his eyes. Perfect example of the road to hell being paved with good intentions.

...Hitler wanted to build a "better world" for das Herrenvolk, but where do the Untermensch fit in this "ultimate betterment of mankind"?
Jews
Roma
Sinti
Poles
Serbs
Belorussians
Russians
Rusyns (Rusnaks)
Czechs
Slovaks
Blacks
etc.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

momopi wrote:
HouseMD wrote:

...Hitler wanted to build a "better world" for das Herrenvolk, but where do the Untermensch fit in this "ultimate betterment of mankind"?
Jews
Gypsies
Poles
Serbs
Belorussians
Russians
Rusyns
Blacks
etc.
Like I said, he was very misguided. He viewed his people as the best of mankind and that they should inherit all of the earth so that a great culture could rise from the cream of the crop of humanity. It was a "do great evil in the name of a greater good" sort of mentality that was completely insane but self justifiable to adherents.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

HouseMD wrote:Like I said, he was very misguided. He viewed his people as the best of mankind and that they should inherit all of the earth so that a great culture could rise from the cream of the crop of humanity. It was a "do great evil in the name of a greater good" sort of mentality that was completely insane but self justifiable to adherents.
Not a great culture, but a great race. Hitler's fundamental flaw was racism. If he had focused on culture instead of race, he would have won the war and saved humanity from the liberal plague. And then of course I would greatly admire him.