America in the 1950's - What a time! Look!

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: America in the 1950's - What a time! Look!

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
August 4th, 2023, 11:52 am
Wow check out these playlists that let you imagine you were a teenager falling in love in the 50s and 60s. Wow that must have been a gay romantic time!
Gay romantic time? You make the 1950's and 1960's sound bad.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:
August 4th, 2023, 12:07 pm
Winston wrote:
August 4th, 2023, 11:52 am
Wow check out these playlists that let you imagine you were a teenager falling in love in the 50s and 60s. Wow that must have been a gay romantic time!
Gay romantic time? You make the 1950's and 1960's sound bad.
FYI, in the past "gay" meant happy good time, it was something positive, not controversial like it is today. As usual the controllers hijack a good word and turn it bad. Their job is to invert things in accord with the Satanic law that everything is supposed to get worse over time except the technology used to control us of course. Another word that used to mean something positive was "square". That word used to be a compliment. Nowadays it means that you are boring if you are square.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

MrMan wrote:
January 3rd, 2023, 8:03 pm
I remember Nicholas Cage got buff for at least one movie, Con Air, I think. He didn't have the action moves of Van Damme.
@MrMan
Don't forget "Kiss of Death" (1995), he was fairly beefed up for that one too (not much, but compared to how he looked before):

https://www.bitchute.com/video/S6YaPQDukpVI/
MrMan wrote:
Action movies continued to get worse with 'cut scenes.' Those are so irritating to watch. I first noticed them in a 'Taken' movie with Liam Neeson. Maybe it's cheaper to do it that way, or maybe they just couldn't get Neeson or a stunt double who looked like him to do a decent fight scene, or maybe they actually thought those lame scenes looked good.
LOL, if I guessed right about what you were referring to by "cut scenes," I completely agree: All the up-close camera work and fast-flashing cut scenes with chopped up bits of footage instead of choreographing actual action scenes just got more and more lame as movies went down the drain. Even watching obviously unconvincing action scenes with Steven Seagal having stuntmen patiently waiting for him to move in and pretend to dominate fights with Aikido were way more fun than that "in your face" flashy affected film-editing BS that started getting worse in the mid-late 1990s and kept getting worse 2000+ when I stopped wasting my time watching the crappy new generations of action movies. Not even worth the time! :lol: :mrgreen:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

WilliamSmith wrote:
August 27th, 2023, 1:56 am
MrMan wrote:
I remember Nicholas Cage got buff for at least one movie, Con Air, I think. He didn't have the action moves of Van Damme.
@MrMan
Don't forget "Kiss of Death" (1995), he was fairly beefed up for that one too (not much, but compared to how he looked before):

MrMan wrote:
Action movies continued to get worse with 'cut scenes.' Those are so irritating to watch. I first noticed them in a 'Taken' movie with Liam Neeson. Maybe it's cheaper to do it that way, or maybe they just couldn't get Neeson or a stunt double who looked like him to do a decent fight scene, or maybe they actually thought those lame scenes looked good.
LOL, if I guessed right about what you were referring to by "cut scenes," I completely agree: All the up-close camera work and fast-flashing cut scenes with chopped up bits of footage instead of choreographing actual action scenes just got more and more lame as movies went down the drain. Even watching obviously unconvincing action scenes with Steven Seagal having stuntmen patiently waiting for him to move in and pretend to dominate fights with Aikido were way more fun than that "in your face" flashy affected film-editing BS that started getting worse in the mid-late 1990s and kept getting worse 2000+ when I stopped wasting my time watching the crappy new generations of action movies. Not even worth the time! :lol: :mrgreen:
He doesn't look that big in this one.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

MrMan wrote:
August 28th, 2023, 5:59 pm
WilliamSmith wrote:
MrMan wrote:
@MrMan

MrMan wrote:
*shrugs*
He wasn't that big in Con Air either, was he? :lol:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

WilliamSmith wrote:
August 28th, 2023, 6:05 pm
MrMan wrote:
August 28th, 2023, 5:59 pm
WilliamSmith wrote:
MrMan wrote:
@MrMan

MrMan wrote:
*shrugs*
He wasn't that big in Con Air either, was he? :lol:
I remembered him being more buff, but I wasn't paying that much attention. He looks pretty buff in this scene where his muscles are pumped up. https://youtu.be/De_YpBxvchI?t=307
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

MrMan wrote:
August 28th, 2023, 6:12 pm
I remembered him being more buff, but I wasn't paying that much attention. He looks pretty buff in this scene where his muscles are pumped up. https://youtu.be/De_YpBxvchI?t=307
@MrMan
Hey good post! :) I hadn't seen that movie since it was out on VHS (showing my age, LOL). I prefer more muscle for my own purposes, but that was pretty funny watching Cage pretend to beat Danny Trejo (yeah right! :lol: ), and then he bitch-slapped a homosexual, and then heroically rescued the stuffed bunny before it washed down the storm drain... :mrgreen:

Come to think of it, I remember Trejo's role in that movie: He was playing a gross rapist who boasted about his victims and got tattooed for each victim, so I guess the character he was playing was enough of a loser to get beat by Cage... If I remember rightly though that actor Trejo was a real life former convict who ended up reforming and helping other inmates get off drugs later... but I have a hunch Trejo's probably actually the toughest IRL. :mrgreen:
I think his first role I saw him in was in "Runaway Train" by Kurosawa where they filmed it in an actual prison and got him to play the role of a guy boxing Eric Roberts...
FYI to @Lucas88 just in case your most experienced martial artist around here finds this amusing. :lol: