Interview with a vampire...

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Interview with a vampire...

Post by Mr S »

This guy knows his shit! Don't judge a book by it's cover in action!

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

My recent experience with BofA:

1. Bought investment property in Nov/Dec 2010 with mortgage from broker
2. Mailed my first loan payment in Jan
3. Mortgage company sold my loan to BofA, said they'd wire the funds to new lender (took them 3 weeks to do it)
4. Called BofA's customer service to inform of that I had already sent my payment to old lender, asked them to add a note in my account
5. Due date pass, old lender has yet to wire their funds to new lender (BofA). By law they cannot charge me late fees for 60 days.
6. BofA collections department called to demand their money. I asked them to check my account's notes and they said that they were collections dept and not "customer service", which is a different department, and therefore they don't read customer service dept's notes. Asked to speak to supervisor.
7. BofA collections dept supervisor informs me that even though they sold/purchase my loan without prior notification, it's my fault for sending the payment to the wrong company, and therefore I'm liable for any late charges. I asked her if she is aware of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, she replied that she has heard of it. Asked her to do a 3-way call with previous lender and she refused. Asked to speak to her manager and she refused. Asked her if she had actually attended customer service training, because her skills are rather lacking. She replied that she does not work in "customer service", nor does she provide "customer service".
8. Hanged up and called BofA customer service department, asked to speak to supervisor. Informed her of the situation and she apologized profusely, promised that she'd take care of it and waive any and all late charges.
9. A week later while traveling abroad on business, BofA collections department starts calling again, rinse, repeat.
10. Arrive back in LA to >$500 phone bill due to excessive roaming charges from all the stupid BofA calls
11. Called BofA customer support, asked to speak to supervisor, informed her of the situation and asked to file a complaint. She replied that customer service department "does not accept customer complaints', and that I must submit all complaints in writing to their legal department.
12. Asked customer service supervisor why BofA collections dept does not provide or talk to customer service, and customer service department does not accept customer complaints. She replied that was the company policy. Informed her that I have 3 BofA loans and asked how I can request BofA to please sell my loan to another mortgage company, because I'd prefer not to do business with BofA. She replied that she has no means of making such a request. Asked her if she was the customer, would she accept such low levels of customer care from her bank. She replied that she does not bank with BofA. ;p

keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

BofA never learns. I only have one account left with them. A savings account so i can make my mortgage payments online. They no longer allow you to pay them directly from other banks accounts, which is absolute BS. Could be that they never actually allowed it, and it was simply during the transitioning process over from Countrywide, who did allow that.

My original broker sold my mortgage to Countrywide....which BofA later bought out. I actually had no issues with Countrywide. They made things simple and easy for me. I won't get into my old BofA issues.

I do wish that my dear old dad had taken my advice and held onto BofA stock when it was low though...but he sold to make a quick 10k profit. sigh.
chu082011
Freshman Poster

Post by chu082011 »

Dear friends

I like Interview with a vampire... very much.

It's wonderful.

If you have some time, pls visit my blog at: Customer service supervisor interview questions
Rgs