Amanda Knox - Is she guilty or innocent of murder in Italy?

Discuss news and current events around the world.

Do you think Amanda Knox is innocent or guilty?

She is guilty as sin!
56%
She is innocent and wrongly accused.
11%
She didn't commit the murder but was probably involved at some level and isn't telling everything she knows.
22%
Undecided/Unsure
11%

Total votes: 9
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Teal Lantern wrote:
Knox said today that one of her first reactions after hearing the verdict was, "Oh my God, Raffaele... He is vulnerable and I don't know what I would do if they imprisoned him. It's maddening."
Oh, idk, go write books or give interviews or some ish.
Followed by marrying some fanboy, squeezing out a kid or two and "moving on" with your life. :roll:
She has already written a book and has been on dozens and dozens of television interviews. The media in the US is actually sympathetic to her and believes she is innocent (she is an American woman, so of course she is automatically innocent, even though the evidence says otherwise).

Get this, a few years ago Amanda Knox actually gave herself the nickname, "Foxy Knoxy."

Yeah she is innocent, as innocent as Casey Anthony was of murdering her two year old daughter! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

So, would the U.S. actually extradite her or is she just yowling because she won't be able to vacation there anymore?

Meanwhile, the ex-bf gets to rot in jail, with Guede -- not so alpha.
Bet he and the other guy she implicated (Lumumba) wish they'd never laid eyes on her.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
dreamer82
Freshman Poster

Post by dreamer82 »

I think she should weigh her options, especially in this economy. If she does go back and turn herself in and come clean, she may get out on good behavior in maybe 15 years. I don't know how good or bad Italian prison food is but I bet it's better than ours. So she can have 15 years of free pasta, pizza, lasagna, etc. Also, she can use her time wisely and become really fluent in Italian and do language exchanges with other prisoners and make friends. She could learn, in depth, the history of the Roman Empire and Italian history. If I was her, I would get a copy of Gibbon's Decline and Fall. Then, before she is 40, she will be free to visit all the historical places she read about. She could meet and fall in love with an Italian and stay there and contribute to the country maybe by being a teacher. It's something I would consider in this economy (except for the murdering part!)
ayesha
Freshman Poster

Post by ayesha »

"I will never go willingly back to the place where ... I'm going to fight this to the very end. It's not right and it's not fair," she said.............
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Amanda Knox - Do you think she's innocent or guilty?

Post by Winston »

Do you all think amanda knox is guilty or innocent? Shes an American girl from seattle who went to Italy to be happier abroad. But ended up getting arrested and convicted for her roommate's murder and spent four years in prison before being released on appeal.

I saw some great neutral documentaries about her recently that present the objective facts from both sides. Including the new Netflix documentary that a friend recommended. See below.

48 hours documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az0CTD8cvbE

BBC documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erla7Ley4Tw

More videos about the amanda knox case here.

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=amanda%20knox&sm=3

In my opinion, both amanda and her Italian boyfriend appear to be innocent and not the type that would murder. They had no motive to murder. And they appear to be intelligent, articulate and sincere.

However their stories contain lies and contradictions and they changed their stories several times, even when not under the abuse of brutal police interrogation. Thats very suspicious. And amanda also falsely accused her boss who was innocent too.

So i think even if they are guilty, they were probably intoxicated by drugs or alcohol and did not deliberately intend to murder the girl. Their judgment must have been impaired.

But the other black african guy whose DNA was found all over the crime scene, rudy guede, was definitely guilty.

Also the murder took place Halloween night, which some say is a pagan or demonic holiday, so many there was a satanic cult involved. Who knows.

What do you all think? Any of you study this case? Its very intriguing and has all the elements of a riveting tabloid story.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Amanda Knox - Do you think she's innocent or guilty?

Post by Winston »

Here is Amanda Knox's interview with Diane Sawyer on ABC. Wow she looks hot with makeup and long hair. I wish i could do her. And she sounds very intelligent, sincere and articulate too.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Amanda Knox - Is she innocent or guilty?

Post by Winston »

Trailer for the new Amanda Knox film from Netflix below. I saw it and it's pretty good.

Another trailer.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Alright lets do a poll. I created one above. Cast your vote whether you think shes guilty or innocent. But before you vote, please watch one of the documentaries above first so you can familiarize yourself with the facts and events of the case first. I'll set the poll to allow re-voting too, in case you change your mind at any point during your research.

Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:I read that earlier today

I think she did it as I do think Casey Anthony is also guilty. Young women get away with so much in this world it's unreal.

If she didn't kill her roommate than who did and why was her DNA all over the british girls body?
Amanda's DNA wasnt on the murder victim's body. Her DNA was in the bathroom mixed with the victims blood. However they were roommates so its natural that Amanda's DNA would be there too. It could have been from her saliva too.

Her DNA was also found on a knife at her boyfriend's house in the kitchen. The knife contained the DNA of the victim, meredit kercher, on the blade as well. But that has been hotly contested since the trace was too small, and amanda could claim that she used that knife for cooking when she stayed over at her boyfriend's place.

However a black black african drifter they caught named rudy guede did have his DNA all over the victims body. He was arrested and convicted and sent to jail. But the media didnt want to focus on a black dude, it wasnt interesting. So they focused on amanda knox instead because she was an innocent looking spoiled attractive white girl with an angel face, which made for a far more interesting and sensational story.

Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:I heard on the news that Amanda Knox could get up to one million dollars for doing an interview. She also might write a book and go around the country giving motivational speaking tours. :shock:
Yeah but you gotta consider that amandas parents and family spent over a million dollar in legal fees defending her during the four years she was imprisoned. They had to mortgage their house too. So the million dollars Amanda receives for the book will be used to pay her family debt, she claims, so they will only break even. Thats what she told the news media.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Guilty as sin.

Why? Well, if you finger an innocent man who was later exonerated with an alibi, you are hiding your own culpability. Knox did just that.

Also, her body language and facial expression indicated deception whenever she was interviewed.

Finally, jealousy motive and opportunity were there also.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Guilty as sin.

Why? Well, if you finger an innocent man who was later exonerated with an alibi, you are hiding your own culpability. Knox did just that.

Also, her body language and facial expression indicated deception whenever she was interviewed.

But she claims that the police interrogated her and abused her and hit her for 50 hours. So she broke down and was forced to tell them what they wanted to hear. And they were asking about a text she sent to her boss saying "see you later".

But how did the police catch that text but not the one before it? She claims the text before it came from her boss telling her not to go to work. But why didnt the police find that? Did her boss admit to sending her a text telling her not to go to work that night? Thats not been addressed.

It is suspicious anyway for her to accuse an innocent man. And she also nods to diane sawyer when she says no. When i say no i usually shake my head, not nod.

But what would be the motive? Amanda was not jealous of her roommate. She had no reason to be. They simply had different habits.

Btw just wondering, does your bias against american women color your judgement on whether shes guilty or not?

It seems that most of the general public think shes guilty. But the American news media think shes innocent.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote: But she claims that the police interrogated her and abused her and hit her for 50 hours. So she broke down and was forced to tell them what they wanted to hear.
Nope. It does not add up. If she were hit for 50 hours, where are the photos of the bruises and injuries? Also, how does she figure the police want her to falsely accuse another man? She did that of her own accord and the police wasted time and energy arresting the poor man who was later exonerated and released. It does not add up.
Winston wrote: Btw just wondering, does your bias against american women color your judgement on whether shes guilty or not?
Women with cluster B personality disorders, when confronted with accountability, often engage in DARVO, (Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim and Offender) which is what she did in textbook fashion. You seem to have fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker.... I am biased against these types of women (Narcissists, Histrionics, Borderlines, etc) who can be of any nationality.
Winston wrote: But what would be the motive? Amanda was not jealous of her roommate. She had no reason to be. They simply had different habits.
I get the motive of Amanda wanting the girl "out of the way" judging from the cartwheels and splits and giggling she was doing while waiting to be interviewed by authorities.

Amanda Knox was responsible for the death of that girl. The question is one of fulfilling the burden of proof which was difficult to achieve.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Guilty as sin.

I remember when this story first came out, I thought she was guilty as sin back then, I still believe she committed the murder. Her body language speaks volumes regarding her guilt.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I was never sure about this case, but after watching the first two videos -- yeah, guilty. I don't know if the evidence presented at trial reached the beyond-a-reasonable-doubt standard, but my sense is these were two very f*cked up kids, who probably did it.

As far as motive goes, the tension between the two girls explains enough. Knox was a degenerate -- or "exploring her sexuality," as they like to say these days -- and Kercher was perceived as judging her. Knox had been raised as a strict Catholic, and did not like this revisitation, in the form of Kercher, of her Catholic conscience, which American culture had long since told her could be dispensed with. I think CE has the relevant personality disorders nailed.

I suspect the final court verdict was political. American presstitutes had depicted Knox as innocent American victim of irrational foreigners, the Obama administration had made clear they wouldn't extradict her, and the Italian court just decided to make the case go away.