Steve Jobs passes away...

Discuss news and current events around the world.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Steve Jobs passes away...

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

"Steve Jobs, the brilliant, mercurial co-founder of Apple Inc. who introduced simple, elegantly designed computers for people who are more interested in what technology could do rather than how it was done, died Oct. 5 at age 56."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obi ... story.html
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

WTF. I was just arguing with my mother about this last night. I told her not to use her cell phone so much or she'll wind up like Steve Jobs. She argued that his bad health wasn't caused by electromagnetic "radiation". I said bullshit.

I'm not saying he's dead by cell phone. But it's not the most clever thing to be in wireless hotspots all day long at work, and be using all this wireless technology in your free time, especially when you are already quite sick.
Last edited by odbo on October 5th, 2011, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Sad to hear
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

These are my thoughts on Steve Jobs: Yes, he was a brilliant businessman and tech innovator; The World will miss a true genius. On the other hand, it was well known he was a complete jerk and ego maniac. Here are just some examples from a Washington Post article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obi ... ory_2.html

"As controversial as he was creative, Mr. Jobs enforced a culture of secrecy at Apple’s Cupertino, Calif., headquarters. Mr. Jobs, who grew up idolizing the Hewlett-Packard ideal of an egalitarian workplace where employees were highly valued, was known in his younger years for playing mean pranks on underlings, reversing direction without ever acknowledging he changed his mind and yelling at even company directors.

In his private life, he refused to acknowledge paternity or pay child support for his first daughter for years. He threatened sue teenagers who published Apple gossip on their Web sites. He refused to put license plates on his Mercedes-Benz and parked in handicapped parking spots at the company until the public ridicule became too great.

Decades later, he attempted to stop the publication of two unauthorized biographies; he persuaded Vanity Fair to cancel the serialization of one, and after the publisher of the second book refused to stop publication, Mr. Jobs yanked all that publisher's books from Apple’s retail stores."

In many ways, Steve Jobs is responsible for the current disconnected society we all live in today. I mean, has technology really made the lives of everyone better or easier? Think about it: We're more isolated and detached as a society, anti-social behavior is increasing and we have become way too dependent on technology for everything. I remember as a child, how simple life was and we didn't have all the technological gadgets and consumer goods shoved down our throats. As much as I love my iPhone, is it really necessary in a time of economic and financial chaos?
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

I'm not a SJ fan but I don't think he knew of the all the societal consequences of his ideas zboy.

Also, due to technology, I have exponentially gained more awareness and knowledge due to unlimited ability to share information very quickly.

So the way I look at it, its not that the gadgets are bad, but the fact that people are TOO STUPID to use the technology appropriately to their advantage (i.e., pdf books, viewing rare lectures) and they lack the inability to limit the time that they use gadgetry (i.e., turning the phone OFF).
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

zboy1 wrote:These are my thoughts on Steve Jobs: Yes, he was a brilliant businessman and tech innovator; The World will miss a true genius. On the other hand, it was well known he was a complete jerk and ego maniac. Here are just some examples from a Washington Post article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obi ... ory_2.html

"As controversial as he was creative, Mr. Jobs enforced a culture of secrecy at Apple’s Cupertino, Calif., headquarters. Mr. Jobs, who grew up idolizing the Hewlett-Packard ideal of an egalitarian workplace where employees were highly valued, was known in his younger years for playing mean pranks on underlings, reversing direction without ever acknowledging he changed his mind and yelling at even company directors.

In his private life, he refused to acknowledge paternity or pay child support for his first daughter for years. He threatened sue teenagers who published Apple gossip on their Web sites. He refused to put license plates on his Mercedes-Benz and parked in handicapped parking spots at the company until the public ridicule became too great.

Decades later, he attempted to stop the publication of two unauthorized biographies; he persuaded Vanity Fair to cancel the serialization of one, and after the publisher of the second book refused to stop publication, Mr. Jobs yanked all that publisher's books from Apple’s retail stores."

In many ways, Steve Jobs is responsible for the current disconnected society we all live in today. I mean, has technology really made the lives of everyone better or easier? Think about it: We're more isolated and detached as a society, anti-social behavior is increasing and we have become way too dependent on technology for everything. I remember as a child, how simple life was and we didn't have all the technological gadgets and consumer goods shoved down our throats. As much as I love my iPhone, is it really necessary in a time of economic and financial chaos?
We are all 100 percent responsible for our own karma.

I personally have switched to a Sony Walkman and like it better than my older ipod. The Walkman allows me direct access to its drive, so I can add mp3s just by clicking on a computer folder and dragging it to the Walkman directory. Because ipod is a proprietary architecture, it doesn't give you this access. An open architecture is also the reason I prefer my generic PC. I would actually prefer not to own any electronic device.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Why it's not OurTube

Post by odbo »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:I'm not a SJ fan but I don't think he knew of the all the societal consequences of his ideas zboy.
Dj Hives begs to differ! As you know Hives is the man!

The truth about iPod, iTunes, Myspace, Youtube, etc. 8)

Now time for someone to watch all his videos, plagiarize his content and be the next Henry Makow :shock:
viewtopic.php?t=11160

BTW isn't Al Gore on the board at Apple?
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

It is unfortunate that Steve Jobs passed away. His technological inventions shows his sagacity.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

odbo wrote:WTF. I was just arguing with my mother about this last night. I told her not to use her cell phone so much or she'll wind up like Steve Jobs. She argued that his bad health wasn't caused by electromagnetic "radiation". I said bullshit.

I'm not saying he's dead by cell phone. But it's not the most clever thing to be in wireless hotspots all day long at work, and be using all this wireless technology in your free time, especially when you are already quite sick.
Odbo, give it a break. One case hardly proves causality.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Rock wrote:
odbo wrote:WTF. I was just arguing with my mother about this last night. I told her not to use her cell phone so much or she'll wind up like Steve Jobs. She argued that his bad health wasn't caused by electromagnetic "radiation". I said bullshit.

Odbo, give it a break. One case hardly proves causality.
I don't know what kind of nonsense you're trying to accuse me of but you need to cut the bullshit out. I'm not one who will be accused of something I didn't commit. Why would I claim this one death proved causality if EM radiation has been long proven to cause sickness and death. I only mentioned it certainly didn't do him any good in his fight with an already present cancer.

I believe Steve Job's "wonderful" inventions will kill more people (primarily from brain tumors) than the airbag. Let's not forget his products help the rogue government spy on us, they are shown to cause sterility, and they f**k with people's brain waves and lower their cognitive function. Why are they so wonderful again? Oh that's right, because everyone else says so. There are over 4 billion cell phone users. I guess a bunch of brain dead zombies can't be wrong. People always love what's truly evil.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I heard Steve Jobs didn't believe in college, so he was a freethinker right?

I also heard he was a vegetarian and practiced Buddhist meditation. Is that true? Why didn't all that help him with his cancer?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:I heard Steve Jobs didn't believe in college, so he was a freethinker right?
I also heard he was a vegetarian and practiced Buddhist meditation. Is that true? Why didn't all that help him with his cancer?
Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Michael Dell, Larry Ellison, Ralph Lauren, Marck Zuckerberg, etc. are all college dropouts. They have what it takes to be successful entrepreneurs.

I think Steve Jobs ate fish and is not a true vegetarian.