The Case for a 21-Hour Work Week

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

The Case for a 21-Hour Work Week

Post by jamesbond »

Here is an interesting article, giving the case for a 21 hour work week.

"The New Economics Foundation (NEF) says there is nothing natural or inevitable about what’s considered a "normal" 40-hour work week today. In its wake, many people are caught in a vicious cycle of work and consumption. They live to work, work to earn, and earn to consume things. Missing from that equation is an important fact that researchers have discovered about most material consumption in wealthy societies: so much of the pleasure and satisfaction we gain from buying is temporary, ephemeral, and mostly just relative to those around us (who strive to consume still more, in a self-perpetuating spiral)."

Here is the full article.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-case- ... -week.html
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Ghost wrote:A 40 hour week is not needed, I agree. Some work is of course. Society still has to function. And 40 is not always horrible, depending on the kind of work and how it is scheduled. But for those who work 60-80 + hour weeks? Pissing their life away.
There are more work in the workaholic US, than any country in the world. In the USA it's life, liberty and the pursuit of a paycheck. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."