MP urges Thai women: Marry a farang for an easier life

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Banano
Veteran Poster

MP urges Thai women: Marry a farang for an easier life

Post by Banano »

http://www.coconutsbangkok.com/random/m ... sier-life/

A Thai MP has gotten into hot water over his controversial suggestion for poor Thai women who want an easy life: “find a farang husband.â€￾

Pheu Thai MP Sunai Julphongsathorn’s words caused a barrage of complaints on Thai web forums after a clip of his comments (embedded below) surfaced on YouTube recently.

The 12-minute video was apparently shot on August 19 at a seminar at a school in Samut Prakan.

Sunai tells the audience of around 1,000 red shirts to find a farang husband for an easy life “because European governments give you everything for free.â€￾

Sunai went on: “Get a German husband. Get a Swedish husband. Get a Norwegian husband. People used to love [Thailand] unreservedly. But the more they loved the country, the poorer they got. The more they loved the country, the stupider they got.â€￾

“All you need is a farang husband and their government will pay you to study,â€￾ he said.

Even more controversially, he then implied that the best way to study a foreign language was by sleeping with a foreigner.

“Sitting studying is too slow. Lie down to study, then go to the hospital. They will pay you to have the baby… It’s all free, right up to the shitty diapers.â€￾

Many web users were furious at Sunai’s comments. They said they were highly inappropriate coming from an MP, particularly one in the Pheu Thai Party whose prime minister, Yingluck Shinawatra, had become the first woman to administer the country.

Sunai later told reporters that he had never meant to insult Thai women. He just wanted to show Thais how far behind their welfare state was when compared with European countries.

He said he had been saying such things for some time and it was because he wanted Thailand to have a welfare system that was the equal of those in other countries, where education and maternity services are free.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Notice ( s)he did not say "marry an American". They are making progress as they can now tell one Western person from another. Took them centuries.
He said he had been saying such things for some time and it was because he wanted Thailand to have a welfare system that was the equal of those in other countries, where education and maternity services are free.
Well, for this they will need to pay big money in taxes or have oil. Just like the Euros.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

MP urging women to marry falang for money, how low can country get.

pay Big money in taxes?? Most people work for 200 bucks a month, even if they give 100% of their pay back to government they are still fuckd
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

ladislav wrote:Notice ( s)he did not say "marry an American". They are making progress as they can now tell one Western person from another. Took them centuries.
Well, for this they will need to pay big money in taxes or have oil. Just like the Euros.
The first thing I noticed was that they called the remarks "inappropriate", but did not bother to call the remarks "untrue". :lol:
Scammers. :roll:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

lol. This is funny. Imagine if Chuck Schummer, or some random Republican said this. Great lulz would ensue.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote:Notice ( s)he did not say "marry an American". They are making progress as they can now tell one Western person from another. Took them centuries.
Yes, I've explained that parts of Thailand are like a min United Nations and many of the Thais have learned enough of the nuances so as to best exploit them. When it comes to the foreign tourist and expat community, Americans are hugely under-represented vis-a-vis many European countries, Australia, Russia, and even some Asian countries, especially if u compared on a per capit visit basis (relative to source countries population). Americans might have seemed like a big group when u were there and back in the 60s and 70s, they were the main group. But things have changed a hell of a lot since then. Now when I meet random Thais and ask them to guess my nationality - Russia, no, England, no, Germany, no, Australia, no, Canada, no, and often they might give up before they get to USA. Profile of America has gone way done there while that of other countries has gone way up.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

To an average Thai these are all of ' farang' nationality speaking ' farang' language. Let them marry a Russian and become ' rich'. Heck, they don't know the difference. All honkeys look the same to them.
In the Philippines, all white people are Americans. The word foreigner, American and white are synonymous. I was in Mindanao and the people were showing me a house saying that an Americano was living there. I asked them if perchance they knew what state he was from. They said- Germany. And then there was another ' Americano' next door- and this 'Americano' is from Belgium. I asked them in what country London was- and the answer was inequivocal- America.
This other Belgian fellow was in Mindanao and the people were saying Amerikano, Amerikano. He said- I am not an Amerikano, I am from Belgium. Where is Belgium? It's in Europe. And to that came the answer- Oh, an ' Amerikano' from Europe!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote:To an average Thai these are all of ' farang' nationality speaking ' farang' language. Let them marry a Russian and become ' rich'. Heck, they don't know the difference. All honkeys look the same to them.
In the Philippines, all white people are Americans. The word foreigner, American and white are synonymous. I was in Mindanao and the people were showing me a house saying that an Americano was living there. I asked them if perchance they knew what state he was from. They said- Germany. And then there was another ' Americano' next door- and this 'Americano' is from Belgium. I asked them in what country London was- and the answer was inequivocal- America.
This other Belgian fellow was in Mindanao and the people were saying Amerikano, Amerikano. He said- I am not an Amerikano, I am from Belgium. Where is Belgium? It's in Europe. And to that came the answer- Oh, an ' Amerikano' from Europe!
Phils seems a lot more straightforward - foreigners tend to be male, white, and are often older Americans.

Actually in Thailand, they do distinguish a lot more these days. Cus there are so many foreigners coming from countries where the foreigners look different from each other. A lot of business and social niches have emerged and you can find small 'ghettos' in select areas of Thailand. Middle Easterners and their families have filled-up Suk Sois 3-7 in Bangkok and large swatches of Pattaya. And a lot of Thais have figured out which Middle Eastern countries are more affluent and which are poorest, lol.

Poorer Indian tourists come in large groups now due to discount flights and are hard to avoid at times of year. And sub-saharan Africans have also invaded certain sois both at the low and high ends of Suk.

As for whites, Russians are all over Jomtien and certain areas of Pattaya near seaside. An interesting thing I noticed about the Russian guys - they seem IMO to by far have the best taste in women cus usually I see them with girls from Russia (and often hot ones at that) as opposed to the local girls from Issan you typically see on the arms of the European and Aussie tourists. Often, the foreign guy is more attractive than the local girl (in similar age couples) where with the Russians, you see a lot of average looking dudes with hot girls.

The local girls who hang out with the middle easterners are not surprisingly chubbier. Many also have lighter (NE style) skin as that seems to be as popular with them as it is with Asians. A lot know some Arabic and some are even good at it. And believe it or not, a few have even undergone female circumcision.

I've seen clubs in BK where hip-hop groupie girls are into black guys, mainly from Africa since there seems to be so many of those.

There's a lot of local girls these days who frequent Banglamphoo area to either hang-out with the mostly European tourists or to party at their own parallel Thai oriented venues and observe the wacked-out backpackers from a bit of distance.

Full moon parties attract another wild set of young Thais who mix freely with foreigners from all over.

Bangkok is also full of Koreans and Japanese who have fun in their own ways. In P4P, it seems Thermae, which has been around since 70s and was largely a hang-out for whites and blacks has been largely taken over by Japanese and other Asian tourists.

Repat used to talk a lot about the fantastic potential for an E. Asian looking guy who wanted to compete for the best women along with the most desirable local guys. But its not easy from what he said. If you don't have bang-on language skills (and he acknowledged that he was not at that level), its not like the girls fall into yoiur lap or anything like that. I met ManInSiam, a tall and decent looking Korean American who had spent a couple months there and that guy didn't seem to be getting very far hitting on regular girls in malls or searching for a job.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Rock summarized it quite well

When I think about it I cant remember seeing single russian man with Thai woman, Im sure it happenes but from what I have seen in pattaya and phuket russian dudes have the best chicks, many times you will see russian man walking with 2 stunners, one is gf and the other one is a 'friend', they appear tamed and by far the classier than Thai and Western counterparts.
Thai come accross as nothing but cheap ,way they walk,talk,dress,interact.

One more thing worthed mentioning is how russian man is so relaxed and natural in company of beautifull women, he has never done single pushup in his life and dont know about Mystery or Ross Jeffries, whereas westerner(anglo in particular goes to gym, works on himself, spends $$ on PUA material to impove his chances)is always acting like he needs to impress and prove his worth to anglo chick,

Arabs have funny taste, they love obese women with fat fat ass, Grace hotel in BKK is where they gather

Aussies and westerners in most cases look better than their gfs, and lately I see a lot not so young Thai women with them, some are in their late 30s, possibly 40s, rough on the outside
I have to wonder why such a poor taste in women,
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

One more thing worthed mentioning is how russian man is so relaxed and natural in company of beautifull women, he has never done single pushup in his life and dont know about Mystery or Ross Jeffries, whereas westerner(anglo in particular goes to gym, works on himself, spends $$ on PUA material to impove his chances)is always acting like he needs to impress and prove his worth to anglo chick,
It is because they are used to being treated as human beings by women and even treated 'well'. The reason is the country had been invaded numerous times with unimaginable human loss resulting from that. A man would become a soldier and a defender and put his life down for his country and countrymen. This was elevated to a divine status. Man= warrior=defender. Also, because of such wars, many men died and the ratio would be such that women would have to compete for men.
Anglo countries have not been invaded recently not for a couple of hundred years- maybe bombed but they did not have people coming and occupying- they themselves did it- plus outside of the UK, most were built by men with few women and those were treated like Goddesses.
The Anglo world is a hot ,uncomfortable hell for men and men do not even know it.
Can you imagine being a Russian guy in the US trying to date? Or a Thai guy?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

ladislav wrote: Can you imagine being a Russian guy in the US trying to date? Or a Thai guy?
That would depend on the person's looks and social circle in the US.

In the IT sector we have many Eastern Europeans. At my last job we had a small clique of Russians, and one guy looked like this except with blonde hair, bigger forehead and lighter skin:

He spoke English with a thick accent, has no personality (that I have observed), and goes out to lunch with hotties from work every week. Funny thing is his cube is filled with protein powder stuff (MetRX, muscle milk, etc), once I asked him what he'd order at lunch with his date, and he replied that he ate little at the restaurants, and he mostly just sit there and let his date drool over him. Guy's tall, late 20's, beef cake, and surprisingly athletic with quick reflexes (beats Asians in ping pong).

Of course, not all Russian programmers are like him. We also have the stereotype skinny geek with coke bottle glasses and can't get a date type from Russia too.
odbo
Veteran Poster

remember this..

Post by odbo »

(Scandinavian guy who went to Japan)

"she's 33 and me 20 but it's ok, not ok, GOOD, the age is nothing you know"
HAPPIER ABROAD
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

In the IT sector we have many Eastern Europeans. At my last job we had a small clique of Russians, and one guy ...
He spoke English with a thick accent, has no personality (that I have observed), and goes out to lunch with hotties from work every week.
And those hotties from work were who? Probably Russians, too. Or other immigrants/foreigners. I saw pictures of your environment. Most are from China/Taiwan. I would like to see him here in Akron OH trying to date local mainstream US women.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

ladislav wrote:
In the IT sector we have many Eastern Europeans. At my last job we had a small clique of Russians, and one guy ...
He spoke English with a thick accent, has no personality (that I have observed), and goes out to lunch with hotties from work every week.
And those hotties from work were who? Probably Russians, too. Or other immigrants/foreigners. I saw pictures of your environment. Most are from China/Taiwan. I would like to see him here in Akron OH trying to date local mainstream US women.

Most Russian guys would suck in american dating game, AW wouldnt give them time of day and on top of that they would be up against tough competition which they are not used to.
Its upsetting to see all these mediocre looking ruskis with hot babes while decent guy in anglo country is lucky to be with some skank that had 50 guys under her belt
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

What would you say about a foreign exchange student? I remember a case where there was a Russian guy at the high school from an exchange program, and he had a lot of attention. Although it might have been the novel effect too.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com