More South Africa riots

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

More South Africa riots

Post by Cornfed »

This could turn out to be big news - widespread rioting in South Africa after ex-President Zuma was jailed. On the bright side, there are numerous videos available online showing white and Indian civil defence groups shooting rioters.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-57803513

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: More South Africa riots

Post by Yohan »

Very interesting, not much is published about it in the media.
If these people really think that riots - instead of working something productive - are the solution of their problems so let it be. Makes them only poorer, see what is going on in Haiti. South Africa is also known to be a high crime area, even worse than USA and some Latin American countries.
No good place for 'happier abroad' if you consider relocation.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-57813704

Another poor place starting with riots.... full article link above.
Dozens of people have been arrested in Cuba after thousands joined the biggest protests for decades against the island's Communist government, media and opposition sources say.

Cubans have been angered by the collapse of the economy, food and medicine shortages, price hikes and the government's handling of Covid-19.

The protests are significant as critics face harsh punishment for dissent.

The island's president called for his supporters to "fight" the protesters.

One of those at Sunday's protests, named only as Alejandro, told BBC Mundo: "There is no food, no medicine, there is no freedom. They do not let us live."

Protesters shouted "freedom" and "down with the dictatorship" in demonstrations across Cuba, including the capital Havana.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Yohan wrote:
July 12th, 2021, 10:32 pm
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-57813704

Another poor place starting with riots.... full article link above.
Dozens of people have been arrested in Cuba after thousands joined the biggest protests for decades against the island's Communist government, media and opposition sources say.

Cubans have been angered by the collapse of the economy, food and medicine shortages, price hikes and the government's handling of Covid-19.

The protests are significant as critics face harsh punishment for dissent.

The island's president called for his supporters to "fight" the protesters.

One of those at Sunday's protests, named only as Alejandro, told BBC Mundo: "There is no food, no medicine, there is no freedom. They do not let us live."

Protesters shouted "freedom" and "down with the dictatorship" in demonstrations across Cuba, including the capital Havana.
Many Americans, it seems especially left-leaning ones, think protesting in the streets is a noble thing to do, and that if there is injustice, that is the way to handle it. Many Americans also do not like the old communist Castro regime in Cuba and want to see it fall. Cubans who left to settle in the US tend to really dislike it. So many of them would like to see the current political system there just overthrown in a way that would restore their relationship with the United States and open up the borders more between the two countries.

I am not a big fan of protesting, especially since protests blocked me from getting home and visiting my then-girlfriend who I ended up marrying in the early 2000's in Jakarta, forcing me and thousands of others to take really, really long winding bus rides on what should have been a straight ride home. I especially do not care for vague protests that are not about something specific. Protests can also be a way of pressuring courts to pervert justice and overlook rights of the accused.