The Philippines to Reopen on February 10th

Discuss news and current events around the world.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

The Philippines to Reopen on February 10th

Post by ladislav »

Apparently, the PH will reopen on Feb 10. Everything as usual, but you need to be fully vaxxed with a $35000 and up Covid insurance coverage.
Unvaxxed - no entry.

https://www.asgam.com/index.php/2022/02 ... -february/
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Philippines to Reopen on February 10th

Post by Yohan »

I don't know what is right and what is wrong information.
The link I used is a bit different.

Unvaxxed - no entry? Is this true?

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=5&t=44677&start=15

https://guidetothephilippines.ph/articl ... l-covid-19
Is quarantine required for international travelers entering the Philippines?
Yes, unvaccinated or partially vaccinated international travelers are required to undergo facility-based quarantine for 6 days and will be released when they get a negative result from the RT-PCR test to be taken on the 5th day. They will also need to undergo home quarantine afterward until the 14th day from their arrival. The local government unit will be monitoring those under home quarantine.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
February 9th, 2022, 7:50 pm
Is quarantine required for international travelers entering the Philippines?
Yes, unvaccinated or partially vaccinated international travelers are required to undergo facility-based quarantine for 6 days and will be released when they get a negative result from the RT-PCR test to be taken on the 5th day. They will also need to undergo home quarantine afterward until the 14th day from their arrival. The local government unit will be monitoring those under home quarantine.
Apparently the above is valid for unvaccinated or partially vaccinated foreign citizen who have a resident visa (such as the 13(a) spouse visa) or are unmarried but with a child in the Philippines.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote:
February 9th, 2022, 8:02 pm
Apparently the above is valid for unvaccinated or partially vaccinated foreign citizen who have a resident visa (such as the 13(a) spouse visa) or are unmarried but with a child in the Philippines.
It's never clear, conditions about international travel are updated (=totally changed) many times. Governments of many countries have no idea what to do about covid-19. Many politicians are helpless, clueless, and not only in Philippines.

I do not care as I am vaccinated and have a certificate from ward office, which is accepted in Philippines and Thailand.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
February 9th, 2022, 10:50 pm
It's never clear, conditions about international travel are updated (=totally changed) many times. Governments of many countries have no idea what to do about covid-19. Many politicians are helpless, clueless, and not only in Philippines.

I do not care as I am vaccinated and have a certificate from ward office, which is accepted in Philippines and Thailand.
I am unvaccinated and only a few days ago I finally received my "Covid recovered" green pass from Italy, which is at least something I can show at restaurants and allow me to go to the gym.

I hope this whole bout of world insanity will end soon, mate.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Where's the black market for buying fake vaccine certificates or passes?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

kangarunner wrote:
February 10th, 2022, 2:41 am
Where's the black market for buying fake vaccine certificates or passes?
The whole of the Philippines is one big black market :) In Manila, Divisoria is the place to be.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

It is open for vaccinated travellers. You have to have insurance, which costs about $100. You have to have a negative covid test within 48 hours of departure from your country of origin (I can get this at the airport, 35 min for results). You have to complete the Covidpass app from the Philippines gov site. I am going soon.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

I am here now, I arrived on March 5th. I wanted to check out P Burgos street, but they said all the cheap hotels like sogo were being used for quarantine purposes. The five star bus terminal is closed, and the swagman bus is not running, so you have to get a cab. About a third of the bars on walking street are closed, and Hiso is no more, and Skytrax wanted a 5000p cover charge! What the hell? How can they expect anyone to pay that? Dont go into centauro or lollipop, there are USA wannabe bikers in there that ruthlessly assault patrons and pay off the bouncers. They like to do this because they know if they tried it at home they would just be shot dead because so many people CCW. Most if the other bars are just ok, I only went to the ones with cheap drinking with friends, since I already have a gf. La Bamba is the cheapest for that. The Korean Restaurants Oppa and Yi San are cheap and you can get food and drinks for four people for 750p. Other than that, its still pretty dead and doesnt have a fun friendly vibe it had in 2018 and 2019. One positive change is the cockfight otb parlors where you can bet 100 p min. I won 11 times in a row!!!!! Crazy!!! It made me nervous because I became every ones good luck charm and they shadowed my bets! They didnt want me to leave.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

fdiv wrote:
March 22nd, 2022, 10:36 pm
I am here now, I arrived on March 5th. I wanted to check out P Burgos street, but they said all the cheap hotels like sogo were being used for quarantine purposes. The five star bus terminal is closed, and the swagman bus is not running, so you have to get a cab. About a third of the bars on walking street are closed, and Hiso is no more, and Skytrax wanted a 5000p cover charge! What the hell? How can they expect anyone to pay that? Dont go into centauro or lollipop, there are USA wannabe bikers in there that ruthlessly assault patrons and pay off the bouncers. They like to do this because they know if they tried it at home they would just be shot dead because so many people CCW. Most if the other bars are just ok, I only went to the ones with cheap drinking with friends, since I already have a gf. La Bamba is the cheapest for that. The Korean Restaurants Oppa and Yi San are cheap and you can get food and drinks for four people for 750p. Other than that, its still pretty dead and doesnt have a fun friendly vibe it had in 2018 and 2019. One positive change is the cockfight otb parlors where you can bet 100 p min. I won 11 times in a row!!!!! Crazy!!! It made me nervous because I became every ones good luck charm and they shadowed my bets! They didnt want me to leave.
There are definitely better places to check out in Manila, than Makati's red light district :-)

Agree with you, Manila is slowly reopening after the pandemic closeups and it will take a long time to get back to what it used to be before. Same with Angeles City and Puerto Galera, they told me.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

publicduende wrote:
March 22nd, 2022, 11:25 pm
fdiv wrote:
March 22nd, 2022, 10:36 pm
There are definitely better places to check out in Manila, than Makati's red light district :-)

Agree with you, Manila is slowly reopening after the pandemic closeups and it will take a long time to get back to what it used to be before. Same with Angeles City and Puerto Galera, they told me.
Subic is almost normal. There are alot of bars there that are open and they have a much friendlier laid back vibe and no riff raff. The staff are very approachable and will work with you if you have a problem. They really only require a mask on the street and in stores. On the beach or in restaurants and bars you dont need it. I just extended my visa for 30 days, it was effortless.