My take on the Ukraine situation

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

My take on the Ukraine situation

Post by Cornfed »

It is very hard to get accurate information, but piecing it together this will go down as a great triumph of Russian arms. Albeit mostly recently recruited, the Ukraine army is huge by modern European standards and much of it has been trained and armed to NATO standards. With a fraction of their military, the Russians are splitting it into sections and taking it apart while minimising civilian casualties. This will go down in history as a textbook military campaign. Expect to hear about the Ukrainians winning everything until suddenly they surrender.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: My take on the Ukraine situation

Post by Cornfed »

BTW, given that we know the Ukrainian regime is routinely committing war crimes, hopefully those who continue to support them can be held complicit as accomplices and brought to justice.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Not sure what the Ukies hope to accomplish with this Bucha false flag. Sounds like more people for the Russians to put on trial when we get to that phase. Bad times for globohomo, especially with Orban just trouncing Soros and his millions.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

It's impossible to get Russian war news this side of the fence and the little that permeates is quickly mocked as disinformation and Soviet-style propaganda. The way I see it, the Bucha "massacre" is the false flag the West needed to finally convince their public opinion to send tanks and soldiers. At that point, this will be WW3 in everything but name.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Is anyone actually fooled by the Bucha massacre? I wouldn't think so, but I sometimes get a skewed perspective and forget how stupid the average person is.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
April 3rd, 2022, 11:55 am
... Expect to hear about the Ukrainians winning everything until suddenly they surrender.
Expect.... but not sure. It is still too early to predict anything, it's all political.

However it is difficult to believe that 40+ million people in Ukraine will surrender unconditionally and the country itself as large as France will disappear and will become a part of Russia (as it has been in the Soviet Union before).

My guess is that Ukraine will continue to exist with a Western orientated Ukrainian government, it will become a bit smaller, with some territory lost to Russia, all Russians kicked out as the hate of the Ukrainians against them is huge after all these destructions, further even possible that access to the sea might be lost. But Ukraine might isolate itself against anything which is 'Russian' - maybe border crossings will be suspended, a new 'iron curtain' will be constructed.,, Who knows?

Nothing is decided yet, but the idea that the Russian Army can remove the Ukrainian government within a few days and invade and occupy the entire country did not work. These Ukrainian people are fighting back everywhere and they receive a lot of support from Western countries, they do not want their Ukrainian land to be controlled by Russians in future, this is for sure.