Russian comments on moon hoax

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Russian comments on moon hoax

Post by Cornfed »

The former head of the Russian space agency is finally calling out the stupid moon landing hoax. Presumably only boomers still believe it anyway. Why haven't they called out all the other hoaxes? Because for the most part they are all in on them.

https://www.rt.com/russia/575937-roscos ... k816371644
galii
Experienced Poster

Re: Russian comments on moon hoax

Post by galii »

Cornfed wrote:
May 9th, 2023, 7:52 pm
The former head of the Russian space agency is finally calling out the stupid moon landing hoax. Presumably only boomers still believe it anyway. Why haven't they called out all the other hoaxes? Because for the most part they are all in on them.

https://www.rt.com/russia/575937-roscos ... k816371644
When the Apollo 11 spaceship that carried Michael Collins, Buzz Aldrin, and Neil Armstrong from the Earth to the Moon arrived in lunar orbit on Saturday, July 19, 1969, there was already another spaceship in orbit around the Moon waiting for them. It had arrived two days earlier, from the Soviet Union.

It was certainly no coincidence that with the whole world watching—at the moment when the United States was getting ready to land people on the Moon’s surface—the Russians had decided they, too, ought to have a spacecraft at the Moon.

Luna 15, an unmanned craft, had been launched on Sunday, July 13, and the Russians said it was simply going to “conduct further scientific exploration of the Moon and space near the Moon.”

But from the moment of Luna 15’s launch, U.S. space scientists and NASA officials speculated that it was a “scooping” mission, designed to land on the Moon, extend a robotic arm, scoop up some soil and rocks, and deposit them in a compartment on the spacecraft, which would then zoom back to Earth, bringing home Moon rocks just like Apollo 11 would, and maybe, just maybe, arrive back on Soviet soil with its cargo before the Apollo 11 astronauts could make it back to the United States.

Frank Borman, the commander of the Apollo 8 mission that had orbited the Moon, had just returned from a nine-day goodwill tour of Russia—the first visit by a U.S. astronaut to the Soviet Union—and appeared on the NBC news show Meet the Press the morning of Luna 15’s launch.

Frank Borman [Photo: NASA]
“I would guess it’s probably an effort” to bring back a soil sample, Borman said. “I heard references to that effect [in Russia].”
NASA, at least publicly, was mostly concerned that Russian communications with Luna 15 might interfere with Apollo 11. In an unprecedented move, NASA asked Borman to call Soviet contacts from his just-finished trip and see if they would supply data on Luna 15. The Soviets promptly sent a telegram—one copy to the White House, one copy to Borman’s home near Houston’s Manned Spacecraft Center—with details of Luna 15’s orbit and assurances that if the spacecraft changed orbits, fresh telegrams would follow.

It was the first time in the 12 years of space travel that the world’s two space programs had communicated directly with each other about spaceflights while they were being flown. NASA said Luna 15 and the Apollo spacecraft would not come anywhere near each other. Armstrong, Aldrin, and Collins, NASA said, would have neither opportunity nor time to look out the window in search of the rival spacecraft.
https://www.fastcompany.com/90377951/gu ... e-russians
https://www.rbth.com/history/330657-lun ... t-moonshot
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Check out the new photo of Earth. Why does Neil Degrasse Tyson -- the expert -- say it's pear-shaped when all the "photos" show it to be a perfect ball? "Gravity" never ceases to amaze me. Imagine holding on to all that ocean water.

https://petapixel.com/2023/05/09/stunni ... newsletter
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

gsjackson wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 3:17 am
Check out the new photo of Earth. Why does Neil Degrasse Tyson -- the expert -- say it's pear-shaped when all the "photos" show it to be a perfect ball? "Gravity" never ceases to amaze me. Imagine holding on to all that ocean water.

https://petapixel.com/2023/05/09/stunni ... newsletter
I know googling it is too much effort so:
https://www.reddit.com/r/flatearth/comm ... say_earth/

Regarding gravitiy isn't it strange that an apple falls always on earth? strange. Seems to be kind of a law.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

galii wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 4:54 am
Regarding gravitiy isn't it strange that an apple falls always on earth? strange. Seems to be kind of a law.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to postulate such a law instead of resorting to magical fantasy.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Cornfed wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 5:40 am
galii wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 4:54 am
Perhaps it would be a good idea to postulate such a law instead of resorting to magical fantasy.
Religious people are the definition of magical thinking.

Right all these rockets just fly per chance because nobody care to formulate a law I guess:

The Universal Law of Gravitation (Newton's law of gravity): 1. Every mass attracts every other mass. 2. Attraction is directly proportional to the product of their masses

"9.81 meters per second squared" means that objects on Earth will accelerate (or go faster) 9.81 meters every second, if they are in free fall, due to the pull of gravity. Throughout space, gravity actually is constant.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

galii wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 10:39 am
The Universal Law of Gravitation (Newton's law of gravity): 1. Every mass attracts every other mass. 2. Attraction is directly proportional to the product of their masses
So you are saying that every particle with mass in the universe has an attractive force with every other particle with mass. Explain how that works without resorting to magical thinking. BTW, when you do you will be doing better than Newton, who said it was magical thinking and God magically made it happen.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Cornfed wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 10:49 am
galii wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 10:39 am
So you are saying that every particle with mass in the universe has an attractive force with every other particle with mass. Explain how that works without resorting to magical thinking. BTW, when you do you will be doing better than Newton, who said it was magical thinking and God magically made it happen.
It is done with experiments. I did already link it in a thread. I guess empirical studies are magical thinking for you. Religious bullshido is science for you. For a guy who is critical you are extremely low effort with these kind of stuff. Seems like you do love your magical world too much in order to do any research on your own. Hard to do when you are alergic against science, math and physics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11sLusnVZwM
Cavendish Gravity Experiment Time Lapse Version 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcg2h--JDv4
Cavendish Gravity Experiment Time Lapse Version 2
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

galii wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 11:14 am
It is done with experiments.
Do you actually not see any problem with taking the Cavendish experiment seriously?
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Cornfed wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 11:17 am
galii wrote:
Do you actually not see any problem with taking the Cavendish experiment seriously?
I guess I would have more problems with a flat earther.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

galii wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 11:51 am
Cornfed wrote:
galii wrote:
Perhaps if you proposed a mechanism for gravity you would have more ways of testing it than an obviously flawed antiquated experiment that really can't be replicated. The definition of a scientific theory is that it can be tested and disproved, right? What experimental result would you accept as disproof of gravity?
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Cornfed wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 11:55 am
galii wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 11:51 am
Cornfed wrote:
galii wrote:
Perhaps if you proposed a mechanism for gravity you would have more ways of testing it than an obviously flawed antiquated experiment that really can't be replicated. The definition of a scientific theory is that it can be tested and disproved, right? What experimental result would you accept as disproof of gravity?
I would respect if flat earthers would put in the effort to even study science to be able to talk about that stuff but you guys are just lazy lunatics. With your logic we live in a matrix anyway. So experiments do not matter except God which is apparently not magical thinking.

I am not a scientist I do not have to dive in deeply but if I would have doubts I would study that stuff to be able to be taken seriously or be taken seriously.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

galii wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 12:04 pm
I am not a scientist I do not have to dive in deeply but if I would have doubts I would study that stuff to be able to be taken seriously or be taken seriously.
Does that mean that you haven't studied the subject and therefore by your own standard shouldn't be taken seriously?
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Cornfed wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 12:47 pm
galii wrote:
Does that mean that you haven't studied the subject and therefore by your own standard shouldn't be taken seriously?
I meant if I would be a flat earther I would not take myself seriously if I would not put effort to study the topic.

I think I should be taken seriously by good faith flat earthers but they are rare. Most of them are just lunatics.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

galii wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 12:58 pm
Cornfed wrote:
May 10th, 2023, 12:47 pm
galii wrote:
I meant if I would be a flat earther I would not take myself seriously if I would not put effort to study the topic.

I think I should be taken seriously by good faith flat earthers but they are rare.
So you don't have to actually know anything to be taken seriously, even when you are proposing really weird implausible concepts whereas other people, unlike you, do actually have to know stuff to be taken seriously? How does that work? Do you have some special badge or something?