Carnism - The Immorality of Eating Meat

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Carnism - The Immorality of Eating Meat

Post by Winston »

Wow check out these reasons not to eat meat by the popular Indian guru Sadhguru. He has some reasons I never thought of or heard of before. They will make you rethink meat. Wow I didn't know that cows could cry and shed tears like humans when their owner dies. That's interesting. Is that true? If so then murdering a cow would be like murdering a human. @MrMan this may make you rethink your view.

"Sadhguru tells what is the best food for our body and how it effects our sleep quota. Should we eat animals? Sadhguru says if you have to eat non-veg you must eat a life which is furthest away from you. Fish is the best thing to eat."

"In terms of the quality of food that is entering you, definitely vegetarian food is far better for the system than non-vegetarian.
In this Video Sadhguru briefly explains that our food canals are not designed for meat consumption and also our jaw moments. He clearly explained that the human mechanism will struggle to digest meat, which as the result Brings lethargy to the System."

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@MrMan

Btw regarding Jesus and the Essenes, how do you not know the Essenes were a Gnostic group? Everyone says so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essenes
The Teacher of Righteousness of the Scrolls would seem to be a prototype of Jesus, for both spoke of the New Covenant; they preached a similar gospel; each was regarded as a Savior or Redeemer; and each was condemned and put to death by reactionary factions... We do not know whether Jesus was an Essene, but some scholars feel that he was at least influenced by them.[58]
https://readingreligion.org/books/jesus ... an-origins

https://bibleinterp.arizona.edu/article ... ic-history

https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Essenes-Do ... B002GYWEVG

Btw I heard that esoteric orders like the Rosicrucians, Theosophy, and even Rudolf Steiner believed that Jesus was one of the Essenes.

Here's a lecture about Jesus and the Essenes by Ted Nottingham.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also MrMan. The legendary New Age spiritual teacher, author, hypnotherapist, and healer Dolores Cannon talked about Jesus and the Essenes in her podcast. Parts 1 and 2 below.

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
August 8th, 2021, 2:52 pm
@MrMan

Btw regarding Jesus and the Essenes, how do you not know the Essenes were a Gnostic group? Everyone says so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essenes
The Teacher of Righteousness of the Scrolls would seem to be a prototype of Jesus, for both spoke of the New Covenant; they preached a similar gospel; each was regarded as a Savior or Redeemer; and each was condemned and put to death by reactionary factions... We do not know whether Jesus was an Essene, but some scholars feel that he was at least influenced by them.[58]
This looks like one of those cases where an author who writes a book or paper, sometimes a not-very-influential one, manages to get it into Wikipedia. I see that in my field, too. There could be a Wikipedia article on an influential theory and an unknown puts comments from his own little paper that isn't cited nearly as much in the Wikipedia article as if it were important to know about the topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow guys. This amazing documentary will inspire u to become a vegetarian or vegan for sure. Its very powerful and spiritual and contains comments from people of all faiths, even Christianity. Its one of those films that will help u to see the light in an amazing way. Very uplifting too. I didnt know there was stuff in Christianity that supports veganism and even Christian organizations that promote veganism too. You should hear them out. Very interesting. Heres the torrent download link.

https://yts.mx/movies/a-prayer-for-compassion-2019

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Hopefully anyone who wants to exist on a subhuman diet will die of the lethal injection, thus leaving plenty of real food for the rest of us.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Cornfed wrote:
June 15th, 2022, 6:23 am
Hopefully anyone who wants to exist on a subhuman diet will die of the lethal injection, thus leaving plenty of real food for the rest of us.
Corny the planet is dieing and it can come back and vegetarianism is a key part, I went Veg 6 months ago, I cut my meat intake way down several years ago as well until I could finally do the Veg thing again reliably... I do eat alot of eggs however.
Time to Hide!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Moretorque wrote:
June 15th, 2022, 12:07 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Corny the planet is dieing and it can come back and vegetarianism is a key part, I went Veg 6 months ago, I cut my meat intake way down several years ago as well until I could finally do the Veg thing again reliably... I do eat alot of eggs however.
Like I say, we can have a division of labor. People inclined to be vegans or what have you can die the ignominious deaths that they have always deserved while the rest of us can eat well and be strong and healthy. Everyone is a winner.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Moretorque wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Good for you man. More people should embrace vegetarianism. Anybody who cares about becoming a virtuous, disciplined, and honorable person should be vegetarian.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

I've been pescatarian now for several years and even then I very rarely eat fish these days. As a general rule I don't kill any living thing (even though a fly came close last night because it kept buzzing in my ear.) Mosquitoes and anything parasitic like fleas or tories are fair game as far as I'm concerned.

If anyone here is vegan or vegetarian have you ever experienced the opposite of the misconception that vegetarians and vegans try to force their diets onto other people? Since I turned pescatarian and enjoy a mostly vegetarian diet, people I know who are meat eaters criticise me and call me a faggy little soy boy for not eating meat. My dad even offered to make me salad, pasta and pork chops once and when I told him I was vegetarian now he refused to make me anything at all. "Well if god didn't want us to eat meat he wouldn't have made animals out of food!"
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

For those of you who are vegetarian did you know that white sugar contains bone char from cows from Afghanistan? I didn't know that and drank tea and coffee for years with white sugar. Also things like wine gums (which i used to love) marshmallows and jelly beans have gelatin in them. You have to be so careful with what you eat.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Outcast9428 wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 2:12 am
Moretorque wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Good for you man. More people should embrace vegetarianism. Anybody who cares about becoming a virtuous, disciplined, and honorable person should be vegetarian.
Couldn't you achieve whatever you hope to achieve with vegetarianism simply by being dead?
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Cornfed wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 5:47 am
Outcast9428 wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 2:12 am
Moretorque wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Couldn't you achieve whatever you hope to achieve with vegetarianism simply by being dead?
If your goal is to be healthier by cutting meat out of your diet how can that be achieved if you're dead? You like eating meat, Cornfed? Or just corn? Lol.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 5:50 am
If your goal is to be healthier by cutting meat out of your diet how can that be achieved if you're dead? You like eating meat, Cornfed? Or just corn? Lol.
It is highly unlikely that you would be healthier without meat. Humans are meant to eat fatty meat in the same way that cattle are meant to eat grass.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Cornfed wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 6:10 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 5:50 am
It is highly unlikely that you would be healthier without meat. Humans are meant to eat fatty meat in the same way that cattle are meant to eat grass.
If that is true then why can people survive on a plant based diet? You can get all the nutrients you need without eating meat being necessary. Not trying to change your mind BTW, I don't give a damn what people eat.