The United States Is A Dying Country

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Each person has their own opinion why the US is in serious decline. I personally feel its because Americans have turned away from their historically Christian values.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... untry.html

Contemporary Art Reflects Our Cultural Degeneracy
http://www.returnofkings.com/67341/cont ... degeneracy
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The United States Is A Dying Country

Post by Moretorque »

I think it is because people are stupid.
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 14th, 2020, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

America is all about work, work, and more work. No time for any kind of social life. Work, work, and watch Netflix whilst eating Doritos and ice cream and drinking carbonated beverages, because you're "too tired" to go out from all the work you did. Work, work, and spend countless hours staring at your screen on the idiot-phone. No wonder we have such problems with our mental and physical health. We have literally left ourselves with zero hours to build and nurture new relationships after the age of 20.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Well put, Bane. I think it also has a lot to do with arrogance & delusion (although, I suppose one can cause the other). Accuracy doesn't generally come along with egotism & it seems that this is why everyone's deemed a "hypocrite" whenever they make a point about things like that.

I guess simple malice can be an aggravating factor, people just having ill-will right off the bat. I've noticed that there's a fairly common trend of people being angry that someone else is NOT doing badly & then thinking they're the "shit-on-the-shoe" if they are. They're rooting against someone right from the start. It's not a situational thing & there's no concept of someone being right- especially if they did something that might be wrong in a different situation.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Ghost wrote:
Moretorque wrote:I think it is because people are stupid.
Maybe that's why America was designed to be such a workaholic, money-making society: people are stupid enough to sacrifice their lives working to make the elites rich. They were stupid enough to let it come to this and they'll be too stupid to save themselves.
What do you make of the new stupidness the elite are brewing, have you seen the CC education ?
Time to Hide!
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

The Common Core stuff is something you mentioned before. Could you be a little more specific? Maybe with examples? I remember a thing where this woman was explaining how they do math & it didn't make any sense. It was trying to get to 10 and then add to it, I remember that. The fact that some math might not include 10 is a problem with that. So is the fact that you are utilizing the skill to GET to 10, so you don't need to bother with that shit about using 10 as a base or an anchor or anything. I distinctly remember her saying that nine was uncomfortable- are they trying to get phobias of certain numbers? Is it just to give more & more anxiety to put kids on various pills for?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Wolfeye wrote:The Common Core stuff is something you mentioned before. Could you be a little more specific? Maybe with examples? I remember a thing where this woman was explaining how they do math & it didn't make any sense. It was trying to get to 10 and then add to it, I remember that. The fact that some math might not include 10 is a problem with that. So is the fact that you are utilizing the skill to GET to 10, so you don't need to bother with that shit about using 10 as a base or an anchor or anything. I distinctly remember her saying that nine was uncomfortable- are they trying to get phobias of certain numbers? Is it just to give more & more anxiety to put kids on various pills for?
They figured out how to rule the world by #'s, you are a number on a spread sheet to be managed from cradle to grave. They are totally debasing math for the masses so they will not be able to calculate sh it. Everything works by language and math and both are being watered down bad, then thrown in all the false history and social agendas and we are talking a real stupid school system designed to fu ck the kids up on purpose.
Time to Hide!
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

I get the idea of trying to teach people to be stupid, but what is it specifically that you're talking about. I know a simple reduction in information is possible (I was IN that). I know that they do a lot to screw up someone's ability to make analytical assessments & situational applications- bouncing from subject to subject, keeping things at a set timeframe regardless of how much more of the subject there is to discuss, focusing on memorization, etc... . Another thing is not really getting into useful things or even focusing much on it (math doesn't focus on percentages for sales on things, no real focus on how to fix things, etc...) .
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Wolfeye wrote:I get the idea of trying to teach people to be stupid, but what is it specifically that you're talking about. I know a simple reduction in information is possible (I was IN that). I know that they do a lot to screw up someone's ability to make analytical assessments & situational applications- bouncing from subject to subject, keeping things at a set timeframe regardless of how much more of the subject there is to discuss, focusing on memorization, etc... . Another thing is not really getting into useful things or even focusing much on it (math doesn't focus on percentages for sales on things, no real focus on how to fix things, etc...) .
Go research it yourself, there are good books on the subject and CC is plain over the top in the methods being used to educate. No good teaching methods designed so you will not learn as much or want too.
Time to Hide!
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

All right. Where do I start with that? I don't disbelieve you & I get that some things are hard to describe- especially when it's something that's more or less intangible like this. It'd be like teaching with an attitude- putting a "you're an idiot" tone to everything can be REAL, but someone can always argue that it's just the way someone interprets things & it's not on them. Plenty of things can happen that can't be conclusively argued (come to think of it- pretty much nothing can be CONCLUSIVELY argued, since someone can keep arguing even when it doesn't make sense or is just a blatant lie).
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

It's real simple for me because my stepfather was a physicist who started at Yale in the 60's and saw the whole thing watered down on the rigors of higher education and what was expected of the students technically.

The same time he says it started to where it was obvious which was in the 60's books were then being written explaining what he saw was not his imagination but a plan by the federal government to lower standards and CC is a whole nother level of this lowering of the bar.

I live in a college town that is based on schools primarily and teachers are everywhere here and they all say CC is really really bad. One size fits all education with very little meat and potatoes to it and a lot of the standards are very confusing from a testing point of view..
Time to Hide!