The wisdom of cats

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Mr. Mistoffelees
Freshman Poster

The wisdom of cats

Post by Mr. Mistoffelees »

Hello! As some of y'all may or may not know I really love cats! =^_^= they are totes adorbs but also there is a lot we can learn from them and their wisdom. In a previous thread I wrote about a documentary I watched about chimpanzees and how some of their compassionate and barbaric behaviours were a reflection of the behaviours of humanity. In this thread I want to talk about the wisdom of cats.

I've been doing a lot of research into a philosopher named John Grey who argues that humans should be more like cats. Humans are the most intelligent creatures on God's earth, but they are definitely not the wisest. Intelligence and wisdom are not the same. Our lack of wisdom is demonstrated through the state of how we have left everything. 🥺 wars etc. -__________-

Humans tend to overthink and over analyse everything, that's why we need philosophy to divert our attention away from the anxieties created by our overactive minds. Cats have no need for philosophy because they have no need for diversion. They are among the wisest animals because they are spontaneous and playful and content with whatever life presents them. =^_^= They are too immersed in the present to worry about what might happen in the future.

I should say that Gray’s book is obviously not an empirical study, and it’s not presented that way. It’s self-consciously light, and Gray definitely projects some of his own beliefs onto cats. But the tongue-in-cheek tone makes the book all the more accessible. 🥰

If we accept the conceit of Gray’s book and just look at how cats live, then maybe we can learn a thing or two. In that spirit, I really wanted to talk about why our feline friends are so much wiser than we are, and why all animals, especially cats, may not be able to teach us how to think, but they can absolutely teach us how to live. UwU

Have a wonderful day ✌

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

galii
Experienced Poster

Re: The wisdom of cats

Post by galii »