Islamic view on muhammed's marriage to a'isha

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Islamic view on muhammed's marriage to a'isha

Post by willymonfrete »

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Islamic view on muhammed's marriage to a'isha

Post by fschmidt »

What a complete f***ing moron. Of course simplicity is better than complexity, but what he is using isn't complexity, he is simply using muddled thinking reflecting his own stupidity. Most issues he raises are irrelevant. The question is whether the age of Aisha at marriage is acceptable or not. This moron claims that Westerners don't think for themselves but then implicitly accepts the hadith that Aisha married at 6 or 7. While I generally prefer Muslims to modern scum, it is true that Muslims are even less capable of independent thought than modern scum are, and they blindly accept hadiths no matter how much they conflict with logic or reality. This is the case here, and it is clear that the hadith in question is bullshit.

https://unity1.store/2021/09/26/the-age ... -marriage/

Muhammad was a good guy, not a pedophile.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

willymonfrete wrote:
September 4th, 2023, 6:59 pm
I suppose there are some unthinking westerners who think the law makes things moral. He paints the west with a broad brush about that.

Then he says that in much of the west marriage to minors is allowed. So what is his point? He contradicts himself. If the west thinks legal=moral, marriage to minors is legal, then why wouldn't westerners think marriage to minors is moral?

A lot of US states allow marriage between teens after a certain age if their parents sign off. Some have no age limit. But by and large, we think marriage and sex with a 9-year-old is morally repugnant. Menstruating and being old enough for marriage and having a child aren't the same thing. A 9-year-old might menstruate. That doesn't mean she is old enough for marriage or child-bearing.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

MrMan wrote:
September 5th, 2023, 4:07 pm
willymonfrete wrote:
I suppose there are some unthinking westerners who think the law makes things moral. He paints the west with a broad brush about that.

Then he says that in much of the west marriage to minors is allowed. So what is his point? He contradicts himself. If the west thinks legal=moral, marriage to minors is legal, then why wouldn't westerners think marriage to minors is moral?

A lot of US states allow marriage between teens after a certain age if their parents sign off. Some have no age limit. But by and large, we think marriage and sex with a 9-year-old is morally repugnant. Menstruating and being old enough for marriage and having a child aren't the same thing. A 9-year-old might menstruate. That doesn't mean she is old enough for marriage or child-bearing.
The basic idea the muslims here say is that A'isha was intellectually mature and could give consent,as she was the greatest jurist of islam and she was a prodigy on all fronts.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

willymonfrete wrote:
September 5th, 2023, 4:11 pm
MrMan wrote:
September 5th, 2023, 4:07 pm
willymonfrete wrote:

The basic idea the muslims here say is that A'isha was intellectually mature and could give consent,as she was the greatest jurist of islam and she was a prodigy on all fronts.
And therefore sex with a 9-year-old?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MrMan wrote:
September 6th, 2023, 6:03 pm
To repeat my point, this is not the Islamic view. This is the moronic modern Muslim view.

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

fschmidt wrote:
September 6th, 2023, 6:55 pm
MrMan wrote:
September 6th, 2023, 6:03 pm
To repeat my point, this is not the Islamic view. This is the moronic modern Muslim view.

It's ironic that you post that since you recently started this thread while using a shirk-y profile picture of a Buddha statue.

Anyway, that religion is not submission to God, no matter what they call it.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MrMan wrote:
September 6th, 2023, 7:21 pm
It's ironic that you post that since you recently started this thread while using a shirk-y profile picture of a Buddha statue.
Where did I do that?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

fschmidt wrote:
September 6th, 2023, 7:26 pm
MrMan wrote:
September 6th, 2023, 7:21 pm
Where did I do that?
Sorry, my mistake. I thought Willy posted that.