The Battle Between Good and Evil

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

The Battle Between Good and Evil

Post by Pixel--Dude »

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
The battle between good and evil is a common dichotomy in things like religion, ethics, philosophy and psychology. This dichotomy has been part of humanity since as far back as ancient Egypt with the Ma'at, the principle of justice and order. And Isfet, the principle of chaos, disorder and decay. The battle between good and evil is a battle which takes place not only across the physical plane, but inside each individual as well, as the above quote indicates. We all have the choice to follow whichever path is in alignment with our souls. Whether that be good or evil.

Of course, many different people will have their own interpretation of what constitutes as good or evil in accordance with their own values and ethics. Mine are outlined here: viewtopic.php?style=11&f=32&t=46815 to summarise these include freedom, wisdom, integrity and creativity. Anything which stands in opposition to these values is what I would consider as evil.

For myself, aligning with good is as natural to me as choosing life as I said in my thread about suicide: viewtopic.php?style=11&f=32&t=47526 we should always strive for perfection and we should always choose life and likewise we must always choose good for the mutual benefit of all of humanity :)

Here is a thread I wrote on the Nature of Evil: viewtopic.php?style=11&f=32&t=45405 in this thread I made a postulate that a creator god is not inherently good like Christians like to believe, but rather a being of duality which is neutral to the battle of good and evil. So therefore we cannot wait for divine intervention! We must act now to stop evil!

Who are the enemy? Well, *cough cough* no names.... but.... viewtopic.php?style=11&f=37&t=50686

The battle of good vs evil is happening all around us in every day in our lives. It's a strategic chess game. Similar to the idea of the Traitors or the game Town of Salem. viewtopic.php?style=11&f=29&t=50395

In this case evil is the knowing minority and good is the unknowing majority. Each side must play its moves carefully. In the case of evil, their main strategy relies on the use of illusion. Many illusions that convince us we are free, but also nothing and worthless.

At the moment, evil has the upper hand. We live in a system of absolute evil which causes misery and suffering because of the greed of a minority of people. So if you align with good it is your moral obligation to fight evil wherever possible. Here are some ways you can fight evil in your lifetime. Some ways you can make a difference in your lifetime! Don't wait for a saviour or think you're insignificant and can't make a difference because you're like a drop in the ocean, for what is an ocean but a multitude of drops!

Physical
Evil uses physical violence against noncompliance. Evil is prepared to fight tooth and claw to maintain the imposition of its ideals, so those of us who align ourselves with good and want to impose our own noble values must also prepare for physical conflict. Freedom is never given away, it must be fought for.

We all have the divine fire of benevolent gods within us. Some of us crave a fight with the evil elite and the only reason we don't take the fight directly to them is because that same divine fire is dormant within others. For now, we must strive for physical perfection and train. Get into shape and also learn martial arts. Become disciplined, strong and ready for combat!

Mental
If we are unable to fight the enemy physically then we must transmute the fight from the physical plane to the mental plane. Through sharing articles, ideas and wisdom which encourages and empowers the individual. We must also become mentally strong through meditation and erudition.

Transmutation is a powerful practice in Hermetic philosophy. More on Hermetic philosophy here: viewtopic.php?style=11&f=32&t=47230&sid ... 8a9b35334a transmute the battle from physical and mental, for the enemy attack us on the mental plane through propaganda and the media. They brainwash us through their programming. Through the noble dissemination of truth, we can help others break their mental chains and seek truth for themselves.

Swords also becomes words when we mix the letters up. We transmute the method of attack so that our words become Swords so that others may take up spiritual arms against the forces of evil.

Spiritual
At its most fundamental level, the battle between good and evil is a battle of two opposing energies of positive and negative. The enemy will try and drag us down, make us feel worn down and defeated as slaves. We mustn't allow them this victory! We must choose life! We must strive to make the best of what we have.

Focus on the positive and what you do have rather than lamenting what you don't have. Give someone a genuine smile or a heart-felt compliment so that they too are infected with that positive radiance you share with others. Small gestures like that spread positivity, which empowers people, which makes them susceptible to finding their own inner strength and confidence so they can become mentally stronger and find the inspiration to then become physically stronger too.

We must be the kindling to help ignite that divine warrior spirit in others so that together we can stand against evil. With enough divine fires lit within, we would become a raging inferno that would push away the darkness and bring about a new age of light, wisdom and truth!

So don't be negative. Don't spread negativity and hatred. Spread positivity! But also raise awareness so that one day the collective good can tear down the veils of illusion and finally defeat the current evil of our generation.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.