MS Access question

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
baletetree
Freshman Poster

MS Access question

Post by baletetree »

What's the easiest and most efficient front-end program for MS Access? I understand you can't input formulas in Access because it's a database program. I tried Visual Basic 6 a long time ago but I got fed up of it because it's so complicated and too limited.

I'm running a printer business where I sell and repair printers. So I need to create/purchase/download an inventory system where I can record the serial numbers, the date purchased, customer info, etc. And be able to print these info. I also need to use formulas to input some data.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Glory Glory YNWA

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

It would be easy to get that done via VB6, WPF, and/or WinForms.NET.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Access_VBA_Programmer
Freshman Poster

You can put formulas in MS Access

Post by Access_VBA_Programmer »

Hi baletetree,

I saw your question about MS Access. I would like you to know that there are ways to input formulas into Access. I have worked with Access databases and I also know how to write code in VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) the computer language that can be used to customize Access. I think that I would be able to build an inventory system for you.

1. What version of Access do you have? 2003, 2007, 2010?

2. What operating system do you have? Windows XP, Vista, 7?

3. What fields do you want in the tables? Serial numbers, date purchased, customer info (first name, last name, address, city, state, zip code).
Are there any other categories of data that you need?

4. What do you want the forms for inputting the data to look like? What fields do you need on each form?

5. What do you want the reports that you print out to look like? What fields do you want on each report?

6. You say that you need to use formulas to input data. What formulas? I could write VBA code that could convert data for you. If you could tell me what formulas
you need I could tell you how to input them into Access.

While I don't know all of the requirements you have for your system, from what you described it seems as if I would be able to build such a system for you quite quickly.

If you could list all of the fields of data that you need the database to store as well as the formulas you intend to use and what you want the forms and reports to look like I could give you a free estimate for the cost to develop such a desktop application. Since it may only take a few hours I might be willing to develop the system for free provided you were willing to provide positive feedback.

Thank You,

Access_VBA_Programmer
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Re: You can put formulas in MS Access

Post by E_Irizarry »

Access_VBA_Programmer wrote:Hi baletetree,

I saw your question about MS Access. I would like you to know that there are ways to input formulas into Access. I have worked with Access databases and I also know how to write code in VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) the computer language that can be used to customize Access. I think that I would be able to build an inventory system for you.

1. What version of Access do you have? 2003, 2007, 2010?

2. What operating system do you have? Windows XP, Vista, 7?

3. What fields do you want in the tables? Serial numbers, date purchased, customer info (first name, last name, address, city, state, zip code).
Are there any other categories of data that you need?

4. What do you want the forms for inputting the data to look like? What fields do you need on each form?

5. What do you want the reports that you print out to look like? What fields do you want on each report?

6. You say that you need to use formulas to input data. What formulas? I could write VBA code that could convert data for you. If you could tell me what formulas
you need I could tell you how to input them into Access.

While I don't know all of the requirements you have for your system, from what you described it seems as if I would be able to build such a system for you quite quickly.

If you could list all of the fields of data that you need the database to store as well as the formulas you intend to use and what you want the forms and reports to look like I could give you a free estimate for the cost to develop such a desktop application. Since it may only take a few hours I might be willing to develop the system for free provided you were willing to provide positive feedback.

Thank You,

Access_VBA_Programmer
Somebody (i.e. Access VBA Programmer) is cockblocking trying to get money from baletree. I know it's somebody that already has an account on this site.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

Access_VBA_Programmer
Freshman Poster

Post by Access_VBA_Programmer »

E_Irizarry: Somebody (i.e. Access VBA Programmer) is cockblocking trying to get money from baletree. I know it's somebody that already has an account on this site.

Access_VBA_Programmer: What do you mean by that? That makes no sense. The only account I have on this site is the one I just created a few days ago.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Access_VBA_Programmer wrote:E_Irizarry: Somebody (i.e. Access VBA Programmer) is cockblocking trying to get money from baletree. I know it's somebody that already has an account on this site.

Access_VBA_Programmer: What do you mean by that? That makes no sense. The only account I have on this site is the one I just created a few days ago.
It does make sense. YOu can make as many accts on this site as you want to. I just don't like it when people make ghost accounts. If you aren't, then please do not be offended. If you are doing that, then please become offended. Nothing more to it.

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)