PLEASE REVIEW THIS POST: DEMAND PROGRESS!

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Mr S
Veteran Poster

PLEASE REVIEW THIS POST: DEMAND PROGRESS!

Post by Mr S »

I posted this link because I feel the issues that this group addresses are very serious to all Americans as well as other nationalities that currently enjoy an open and free Internet. The American government through various measures is trying to limit the Internet in various ways. I have posted their main page of campaigns so you can take a look and sign the pledges if you so wish.

This is serious stuff. If the government gets it's way the Internet wil be no different than what structured pay cable is nowadays. It'll probably take around 10 years to completely change it's structure, but it will change and for the worse.

http://demandprogress.org/campaigns
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

You mean limit the use of internet or ban it completely. I can't even imagine America without Internet.....