Why do most Black/White men want to go to Asia?

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Yohan wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Jester is right about some parts of Japanese culture are off limited to Gaijin. Yohan mentioned being married since 1976 so I am going to assume he's still married and likely hasn't ventured into Japan's Dark Economy.
I am living in Asia since 1972 and in Japan since 1976. Please explain me which parts of Japanese culture are off limit to foreigners.
For example Sumo is typically Japanese, but not off limit to foreigners, some are from Hawaii, some from Mongolia...

You refer to what exactly, please explain.
There are Gaijin threads all over the internet. What I mean by the dark economy is prostitution and to a lesser extent organized crime/criminal activity. As well as member only environments. To a married man these are not important, but to a single man, some of these things are needed/used.

So when I say some parts of the culture are off-limits, I am not talking about something like Sumo, who gives a rat's tail about that? Men go to Asia looking for Asian tail and if you come up empty in the bars and discos, what are you suppose to do? For some men it's break out the wallet and that part of Japanse culture is very limited to Gaijin especially the Geisha Girl part of it.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

SilverEnergy wrote:There is something for everybody outside of America.
+1
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

djfourmoney wrote:
Yohan wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Jester is right about some parts of Japanese culture are off limited to Gaijin.
I am living in Asia since 1972 and in Japan since 1976. Please explain me which parts of Japanese culture are off limit to foreigners.
What I mean by the dark economy is p4p and to a lesser extent organized crime/criminal activity.
I am not interested in organised crime and otherwise criminal activity. This is not the reason I am in Japan and I cannot recommend any foreigner to try it out.

In Japan a large part of criminality and prostitution is not controlled by Japanese.

In Tokyo for example the nightlife in Shinjuku is under control of Chinese from Taiwan. Smaller groups of Thai and Koreans are in Okubo and Takadanobaba nearby. Brazilian groups are operating in Ikebukuro. Black men from Africa and Caribic - both English and French speakers - are operating in Roppongi. Pakistani groups are well-known for burglary, mainland-Chinese for pickpocketing, Indians are often into fraud and running companies existing only on the paper. Filipinos are well known for selling illegal guns.

Europeans are in prison in Japan mainly because of illegal import of drugs, and what you get in Europe in weeks you get in Japan in years and Japanese jails are not known to be nice.

Prostitution is not Japanese-only in Japan. A large number of these girls are Chinese, Thai, Filipina and others.

To make it clear, even those undesirable parts of Japanese culture are not off limit to foreigners.

I ask again, which part of Japanese culture is off limit to foreigners?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Yohan wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Yohan wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Jester is right about some parts of Japanese culture are off limited to Gaijin.
What I mean by the dark economy is p4p and to a lesser extent organized crime/criminal activity.
I am not interested in organised crime and otherwise criminal activity. This is not the reason I am in Japan and I cannot recommend any foreigner to try it out.

In Japan a large part of criminality and p4p is not controlled by Japanese.

In Tokyo for example the nightlife in Shinjuku is under control of Chinese from Taiwan. Smaller groups of Thai and Koreans are in Okubo and Takadanobaba nearby. Brazilian groups are operating in Ikebukuro. Black men from Africa and Caribic - both English and French speakers - are operating in Roppongi. Pakistani groups are well-known for burglary, mainland-Chinese for pickpocketing, Indians are often into fraud and running companies existing only on the paper. Filipinos are well known for selling illegal guns.

Europeans are in prison in Japan mainly because of illegal import of drugs, and what you get in Europe in weeks you get in Japan in years and Japanese jails are not known to be nice.

p4p is not Japanese-only in Japan. A large number of these girls are Chinese, Thai, Filipina and others.

To make it clear, even those undesirable parts of Japanese culture are not off limit to foreigners.

I ask again, which part of Japanese culture is off limit to foreigners?
I was mainly talking about P4P and there are some limitations reported by those that live in Japan and people that have visited, it's chronicled on sites like ISG (International Sex Guide) and WSG (World Sex Guide). I trust these guys because there information when I ever I visited a country and wanted these services their information is current and spot-on.

I have read accounts of some options are limited to just Japanese. Some brothels won't allow Black men into them for example.

No need to argue I am just relaying some information from people that have been to Japan recently, even in a guide that is written about P4P options in Japan -
HOWEVER, in Japan there are always exceptions. Foreigners aren't considered in the overall equation of customer = God. Discrimination against foreigners occurs in many situations, Fuzoku included.
That is not bad mouthing anything; I am not discouraging men from visiting either. I am just making them aware of some possible cultural road blocks.

I know there is no need to issue such a warning for Germany for example.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do most Black/White men want to go to Asia?

Post by Jester »

Yohan wrote:
If USA wants to sell off their land to foreigners, it's up to them. USA is a large country, 25 times larger than Japan, but has only 2.5 times more citizens living there than Japan. USA is still open for immigrants, Japan is not, it's already overpopulated.
Horseshit.

Japan is closed to immigrants because they stick together like rice. America is open to immigrants because we are stupid.

Thus, Japan is less open. Period.

Noone said it was WRONG for Japan to be protectionist. So no need to be defensive.

Yohan wrote:
Permanent residence permit for Japan is not so hard to get if you live in Japan as a foreigner, I have it, and most of the foreigners I know personally (most of them from EU) living here have it too.
Most were starting with a 1-year-working visa, and after 3 to 5 years receiving a 3 year permit (which includes unrestricted working permit already) and after about 7 years or so they apply for the permanent resident permit.
If married to a Japanese national, you can also start with a spouse visa, but I never used that option. Some others were starting with a student visa etc.
Thank you professor!

Yes many of us have researched visa rules, and do not fall into such categories. YES, if you have credentials, and can land a corporate job, then you can get a visa, blah blah. That does not apply to most of us here.

MOST countries will give you a visa if you bring needed skills and land a job. That means nothing.

Nor are some of us interested in a green-card marriage.

If you move there trying to wing it as a tourist (like I am doing in Mexico for example), you can't get a bank account, and your ATM card won't work most places.

If you do back-to-back visa runs there, they notice and don't like it. It is not encouraged.

Japan is not a particularly easy place to just up and move to.

Yohan wrote:
A traveler in Hokkaido, unknown blog... I was asking not for anecdotes but for a clear reference to a place in Japan which says 'Japanese only'.
I gave you a clear reference. Sorry I dont keep a record of everything I read just for your convenience. The story was real and it happened.

I've experienced frowns from Asians in a spa in Torrance California. It's not so hard to imagine they would discriminate in a land where they are (rightfully) free to do so.

As a matter of fact, there are Japanese-only establishments in Thailand. Perhaps they are great customers. Or perhaps they don't like loud Anglos around. Or both. Either way, they exist.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Let's get back to the topic please!

My whole point of the thread was that too many people 'look' to Asia as a destination, when there are better options--I think--for both Whites and Blacks, particularly Latin America and Eastern Europe, rather than Asia.

Asia is really the optimal place for Asian Americans and overseas Asians, while it's a lot tougher for Whites and Blacks to adapt to Asian culture and society. It's the same way, an Asian might struggle in the Middle East or an immigrant might struggle in the United States; different culture and different societies, make for a difficult transition.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

zboy1 wrote:Honestly, I think for Caucasian men, Eastern Europe and Latin America are a better fit for them than Asia?

I've met many disillusioned White expats in Asia, and the reason for that is one: they will never be accepted as an Asian, but as a perpetual foreigner (unlike with overseas Asian) in most Asian countries; the culture is too dissimilar to White, Western culture; Asian culture is anti-foreigner; and lastly, they get burned by the women here--most of whom, see White foreigners as cash-machines, Green-card carriers or exotic, sexual playthings).

It's the same with Blacks in Asia!; wouldn't Black people be better off going to Africa or the Caribbean, rather than Asia?

For Whites, I've been told by some White expats that they preferred Latin America and especially, Russia and Eastern Europe to Asia. Some of the reasons range from going to a more closely related White-dominated culture, i.e. Eastern Europe and Russia, to living in a country dominated by other Caucasian people, to living with people with similar beliefs and attitudes; other reasons include: wanting a White girlfriend or wife and not being constantly stared at...or viewed as strangers, like in Asia.

What do you guys think? I think for some Caucasian men here...they shouldn't always think about Asia as the number one destination, as I've heard they get treated much better in European dominated Latin American countries (Peru, Argentina) and in Russia/Eastern Europe. It's the same with Blacks in Asia: for example, Kokujin Krusader is already unhappy in China, and I've met other unhappy Blacks in Asia as well.

And plus, White males have to realize that in Asia, they will suffer from some discrimination and backlash for being White in Asia.
Why do you have such an issue with white guys going to Asia to be Happier Abroad?

One of the reasons some guys leave their home countries is to find a place as different as possible from their home environments. I'm a white guy who grew up in a small town white bread environment. My best Happier Abroad fit for a long time was a major urban center in NE Asia, nearly opposite to my hometown on many metrics. Yet it was largely due to these differences that I achieved night and day improvements in terms of dating, making friends, career, and money. I don't believe I could have done nearly as well in Eastern Europe/CIS or Latin America at the time. And I've have visited many countries in those regions and even lived in some for a few months.

Also, you talk about Asia as if it's just one homogenous region. But it varies so much from place to place. Have you even visited anywhere besides S. Korea and 2 or 3 spots in PRC? And how many months have you had your boots to the ground here?

Within Asia, there are some amazing HA opportunities for guys from most racial/ethnic backgrounds - easy visas / residencies, low cost of living often combined with opportunities to make a living, low violent crime risk, general convenience, and easy communication (in English).

E. Europe is tough for visas, jobs, language, and living cost. Latin America also tough for jobs, living cost tends to be higher too, and crime is a very real and serious problem there.

Some guys like to be as different as possible. If you're white, then it boils down to NE Asia or black Africa and it's diaspora. You do the math on that one. Africa is not for the faint of heart.

Some of your follow-up posts in this thread have an accusatory or resentful tone, as if we should discourage whites from going to Asia and instead push them to other parts of the world. Happier Abroad is not about limiting options or pigeon holing people because of their race or ethnicity. It's about freeing them up and giving them more choices to achieve their dream life whatever that may be. Some whites fit in well and are happy settling in parts of Asia whether it be in say Japan or Cambodia. Ladislav has tempered his personal experience based opinions with the caveat that different expats from a given race experience countries in very different ways, that it very much depends on the individual in question.

It's a shame that you seem so displeased seeing whites around you in Asia. But if maybe you traveled the region extensively and became more mature in your experience base, you might find that each Asian country and even different areas within a given country tends to attract a different sub-type of foreigner and perhaps you might find an area with many expats you clicked with, even white ones believe it or not. For example, I rarely see thug type white or black guys in Taipei or any part of the island for that matter.'

It would be nice if we could get beyond race issues which often seem to be dominant theme in your posts. I reckon there are better forums for those types of discussions.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Rock wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Honestly, I think for Caucasian men, Eastern Europe and Latin America are a better fit for them than Asia?

I've met many disillusioned White expats in Asia, and the reason for that is one: they will never be accepted as an Asian, but as a perpetual foreigner (unlike with overseas Asian) in most Asian countries; the culture is too dissimilar to White, Western culture; Asian culture is anti-foreigner; and lastly, they get burned by the women here--most of whom, see White foreigners as cash-machines, Green-card carriers or exotic, sexual playthings).

It's the same with Blacks in Asia!; wouldn't Black people be better off going to Africa or the Caribbean, rather than Asia?

For Whites, I've been told by some White expats that they preferred Latin America and especially, Russia and Eastern Europe to Asia. Some of the reasons range from going to a more closely related White-dominated culture, i.e. Eastern Europe and Russia, to living in a country dominated by other Caucasian people, to living with people with similar beliefs and attitudes; other reasons include: wanting a White girlfriend or wife and not being constantly stared at...or viewed as strangers, like in Asia.

What do you guys think? I think for some Caucasian men here...they shouldn't always think about Asia as the number one destination, as I've heard they get treated much better in European dominated Latin American countries (Peru, Argentina) and in Russia/Eastern Europe. It's the same with Blacks in Asia: for example, Kokujin Krusader is already unhappy in China, and I've met other unhappy Blacks in Asia as well.

And plus, White males have to realize that in Asia, they will suffer from some discrimination and backlash for being White in Asia.
Why do you have such an issue with white guys going to Asia to be Happier Abroad?

One of the reasons some guys leave their home countries is to find a place as different as possible from their home environments. I'm a white guy who grew up in a small town white bread environment. My best Happier Abroad fit for a long time was a major urban center in NE Asia, nearly opposite to my hometown on many metrics. Yet it was largely due to these differences that I achieved night and day improvements in terms of dating, making friends, career, and money. I don't believe I could have done nearly as well in Eastern Europe/CIS or Latin America at the time. And I've have visited many countries in those regions and even lived in some for a few months.

Also, you talk about Asia as if it's just one homogenous region. But it varies so much from place to place. Have you even visited anywhere besides S. Korea and 2 or 3 spots in PRC? And how many months have you had your boots to the ground here?

Within Asia, there are some amazing HA opportunities for guys from most racial/ethnic backgrounds - easy visas / residencies, low cost of living often combined with opportunities to make a living, low violent crime risk, general convenience, and easy communication (in English).

E. Europe is tough for visas, jobs, language, and living cost. Latin America also tough for jobs, living cost tends to be higher too, and crime is a very real and serious problem there.

Some guys like to be as different as possible. If you're white, then it boils down to NE Asia or black Africa and it's diaspora. You do the math on that one. Africa is not for the faint of heart.

Some of your follow-up posts in this thread have an accusatory or resentful tone, as if we should discourage whites from going to Asia and instead push them to other parts of the world. Happier Abroad is not about limiting options or pigeon holing people because of their race or ethnicity. It's about freeing them up and giving them more choices to achieve their dream life whatever that may be. Some whites fit in well and are happy settling in parts of Asia whether it be in say Japan or Cambodia. Ladislav has tempered his personal experience based opinions with the caveat that different expats from a given race experience countries in very different ways, that it very much depends on the individual in question.

It's a shame that you seem so displeased seeing whites around you in Asia. But if maybe you traveled the region extensively and became more mature in your experience base, you might find that each Asian country and even different areas within a given country tends to attract a different sub-type of foreigner and perhaps you might find an area with many expats you clicked with, even white ones believe it or not. For example, I rarely see thug type white or black guys in Taipei or any part of the island for that matter.'

It would be nice if we could get beyond race issues which often seem to be dominant theme in your posts. I reckon there are better forums for those types of discussions.
You're the one playing the race card here, Rock, not me. Where did I mention in anywhere in my post, that I didn't want White men going to Asia? You just love to accuse me of being racist, don't you?

And...if you haven't noticed the title of the thread: Why do most Black/White men want to go to Asia?

Why don't you criticize other posters--especially those who are White--when they post any race-related topics, but complain when Blacks or Asians do? You're a hypocrite...

And you're always the one wanting Odbo, Gordan and Cornfed-types (White nationalists) on this forum, but not letting-in Lone Yakuza types (an Asian nationalist) or any of the pro-Black posters on HA--that you wanted me to ban on HappierAbroad. LOL.

I'm just posting what many White expats I've met have told me: that Asia wasn't the most optimal place for them. Just like I've been told by Whites that Russia might not be a good place for me or for Black people--because of all the Neo-Nazi's and racists around, and how dangerous it is for some minorities there. Is that racism...? LOL.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

You're a real piece of garbage...Rock. Just say you don't like me or any minority posters, and state the truth; don't hide behind the facade of a typical White boy, pretending to be all tolerant but disliking Asian men and other races behind our backs.

Talking with other posters who know you, you seem like a real 'backstabber' type, and also a typical monger type--screwing around with as many Asian females as you can, while talking down Asian people and culture.

You never complain about White posters writing about racial topics, but always have a problem when Asian or Blacks do (especially with me); for example, has anyone ever seen Rock complain about Cornfed or Odbo before? No...I don't think so. In fact, he supports them, so, Rock, GTFO--you scrawny, punk.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

zboy1 wrote:You're a real piece of garbage...Rock. Just say you don't like me or any minority posters, and state the truth; don't hide behind the facade of a typical White boy, pretending to be all tolerant but disliking Asian men and other races behind our backs.

Talking with other posters who know you, you seem like a real 'backstabber' type, and also a typical monger type--screwing around with as many Asian females as you can, while talking down Asian people and culture.

You never complain about White posters writing about racial topics, but always have a problem when Asian or Blacks do (especially with me); for example, has anyone ever seen Rock complain about Cornfed or Odbo before? No...I don't think so. In fact, he supports them, so, Rock, GTFO--you scrawny, punk.
Wow, and you're a moderator. That's a laugh. You sound and and act like an emotionally damaged Internet thug (Real piece of garbage, scrawny punk? Under table bans, and now open lies?) Winston is special cus this is his forum, he owns the place. So he get's some license on that kinda stuff. But you?

I really don't care much about race, only attitude. You seem to wanna color code about everything here - white vs. black and yellow. You see the Happier Abroad world through the lens of feeble minded one dimensional American fashioned stereotypes. Now you're projecting your issues onto me. Just take a quick look at some of the verifiable facts:

You say I never attack whities??? Really?

So what about Airking??? He's about as white as they come. Did you miss that huge thread where I exposed his overpriced business model. Even Winston thought I was too harsh on him. And I've even met him a few times in person.

What about Oiltrader? I was on the forefront arguing for his ban. Again, we all know he's a white guy.

What about Steve in Vegas? He's another white guy who I called-out BS on

Now I'm calling you out zboy1, for BSing and putting out blatant lies - not only about who I don't attack (whites) but who I do attack (minorities). Which minority posters have I gone after besides you and at times Winston? Come-on now, let's deal with facts here.

And I'm good friends with and/or helped out several minority members on this forum, some long-term. My good friend Falcon is Taiwanese American. ManinSiam is Korean American and I've been recently advising him on finding a good place to stay in Makati. Monkro is Indian American and he's another good friend who I talk to on a regular basis and advise in Taipei. I just met starchild5 who's Indian and we hit it off. He and I have similar aesthetic taste. Winston, another Taiwanese American, and I are also good friends in spite of having disagreements about certain things. And don't forget about Sinbadsailor. My closest friends on this forum are non-whites. I don't keep regular contact with any of the white guys here even though I've met several. Yet you claim I hate Asians.

I admit to not having met any of the black members. But I seriously want to and tried when I though JamaicaninChina might happen to be in Montego Bay when I was there. I've talked to Kai1275 on phone and want to meet and get to know others. But to my knowledge, none of them has ever come-out to parts of Asia or other countries I happen to be in at the same time.

You also claim I screw around with as many Asian girls as possible. Over half my time in Asia, I've been in serious monogamous relationships which I've respected. And when I have been free, I've never been out of control like some. I may have serial dated at times, just like Winston, Lad, and others more into the polyamorous lifestyle. But it's nothing like what Will N. Dowd or Pinaylover are doing. You really like to talk out of your ass about things you know nothing about.

Sure I don't like you, that much is true. But I absolutely don't give a damn about your race, ethnicity, or nationality. I would hold the same opinions about you no-matter what your background. It's about your behavior and attitude. It's hard for someone like you who wears race blinders all the time to fathom something like that.

Seriously, going abroad for an America loses a lot of it's merit if you must bring all that baggage with you on your trips. Perhaps you should somehow get it handled and liberate yourself before you go back to China. Sure, easier said than done. But as is, it clearly contaminates your experiences and world views. And I'd like to think it's the root cause of your lies and sneaky behavior here as a person entrusted with responsibility instead of it being a character flaw. Giving you the benefit of the doubt on this for the time being but we'll see.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

zboy1 wrote:Let's get back to the topic please!

My whole point of the thread was that too many people 'look' to Asia as a destination, when there are better options--I think--for both Whites and Blacks, particularly Latin America and Eastern Europe, rather than Asia.

Asia is really the optimal place for Asian Americans and overseas Asians, while it's a lot tougher for Whites and Blacks to adapt to Asian culture and society. It's the same way, an Asian might struggle in the Middle East or an immigrant might struggle in the United States; different culture and different societies, make for a difficult transition.
It might be true that Asian Americans have a better welcome in their country of origin than ordinary immigrants. Even if they were born in USA or elsewhere, many Asian countries offer the 2nd and 3rd generation preferential conditions if they decide to relocate back to the country where their parents were born.

Japan is doing this, and I know several Japanese-Canadians and Japanese-Brazilians, who decided to move to Japan. Also overseas Filipinos holding a different nationality are welcome back to the Philippines. Also Cambodia and Laos are known to offer good conditions if former refugees - regardless their present citizenship - decide to move back.

If a white man fits to Asia or not? Well, why not but it depends on the situation of this man. If he is retired, I recommend him to get a retirement visa in Thailand - if he is without money but willing to work, Japan is not bad at all.

I think the problem is not about the 'white man', it is about some certain people, mainly from USA, who want to relocate but are immediately after arrival starting to complain about their new host country.
In USA we can do this, why not here? Why is this or that allowed in Asia, but in USA this is against women rights or children rights or animal rights, etc. etc. - These are people who are simply said unable to live abroad.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Yohan wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Let's get back to the topic please!

It might be true that Asian Americans have a better welcome in their country of origin than ordinary immigrants. Even if they were born in USA or elsewhere, many Asian countries offer the 2nd and 3rd generation preferential conditions if they decide to relocate back to the country where their parents were born.

Japan is doing this, and I know several Japanese-Canadians and Japanese-Brazilians, who decided to move to Japan. Also overseas Filipinos holding a different nationality are welcome back to the Philippines. Also Cambodia and Laos are known to offer good conditions if former refugees - regardless their present citizenship - decide to move back.

If a white man fits to Asia or not? Well, why not but it depends on the situation of this man. If he is retired, I recommend him to get a retirement visa in Thailand - if he is without money but willing to work, Japan is not bad at all.

I think the problem is not about the 'white man', it is about some certain people, mainly from USA, who want to relocate but are immediately after arrival starting to complain about their new host country.
In USA we can do this, why not here? Why is this or that allowed in Asia, but in USA this is against women rights or children rights or animal rights, etc. etc. - These are people who are simply said unable to live abroad.
It's not just certain Americans who behave like that. Other Anglos can be just as bad or worse. Russians in areas of Asia where they settle in larger numbers tend to have reputations with locals and other expats which are overall much worse than Anglos do even if they aren't known for complaining as much. Nigerians and other W. African's are even less welcome in most cases.

Wherever you go on this planet, you should be somehow suited to the environment and able to peacefully co-exist with the host country residents if you are going to become a medium-to-long term expat there. You don't necessarily need to completely assimilate or go local to become a productive and welcome member of your new society. It depends on particular circumstances more than anything else. In some cases, you are actually better off retaining some distance from your host culture.

Among the people are considered 'foreigners' by local citizens, there are 'good foreigners' and 'bad foreigners' plus a huge number which fall into the neutral category. And sure there are some countries which generally are not welcoming to certain groups of people. But in my opinion and experience, most of Asia is fine for those whites and blacks who have the right sort of attitude, mindset, and personality to fit in well. In the same vein, Winston might feel more at home in several European countries than he does anywhere in Asia. So much boils down to the individual.

HA is about expanding options and possibilities, not the reverse. To perpetuate limiting beliefs such as non-Asian men should avoid Asia is the product of narrow thinking (something Winston likes to attribute to NE Asians lol) and a really a shame. This region really has so much to offer for so many whites and blacks. I've never felt more at home than I do here.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I thought this was a good OP. Yeah, maybe ZBoy was being just a tad "protectionist" of Asian females, but overall I think he was just giving good brotherly advice to WM/BM about where to go. I think like some other Asian-Am men, ZBoy is a bit of a "banana", I mean that in a good way, and so I think if he were White on the outside as well he would head South and dance salsa with the Colombianas. I think he was just saying he cant believe we dont do the obvious, simply because we are so entranced by "The World of Suzy Wong" or "One Night In Bangkok" or "The Quiet Man".

I think ZBoy was giving well-intentioned advice. Good advice for many.

But I can't believe that ZBoy got so offended at Rock's quibbling.

ZBoy you are back in the US, if I recall correctly. It is starting to affect you. You are an open-minded guy. This is not you. Come down to Ensenada and use the guest room, lay on the beach. Zombieland is getting to you.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

If we are being frank here, then let's continue -

Asia is best for Asian men because they UNDERSTAND the culture the best, they wake up too it every single day. Now with that said that doesn't mean other people men or women from other cultures can't adjust too it. Lots of expats all around Asia obviously it works for them; but if we're talking from interpersonal relationship perspective -

Opposite's attract does work but its appeal is quite limited and I wouldn't depend on such a narrow parameter in finding a life partner.

It largely doesn't matter where White men go because they tend to be richer and more experienced travelers. They will always find women in whatever country that go to that wants the security of his money/status or the DNA of his seed to give their offspring the traits of someone of European descent.

There is also the stereotype of White men being laid back and family oriented. Rightly or Wrongly this is a very strong stereotype that other races of men don't have the benefit of that makes White men especially attractive to women interested in starting a family.

This is why I don't tolerate the complaining and figure pointing to others. Some men are disappointed that he just can't get a run of the mill, mildly attractive White woman in the town in which he lives. He will use all matter of excuse at this point. Some are valid reasons, like not liking facial hair or men under 6'0. Some have less merit like they are all dating Black men (simply untrue) or are frivolous on the woman's part (making $50K or more a year).

There are more women around the world interested in White American/Western European men than White men willing to travel and meet them.

Remember it's mostly White men in the MOB marketplace and less than 5% EVER get on an airplane. On various tours, I don't care if it's AFA or Mark's Dream Connections, there will be handful of men who have never traveled outside of the US and didn't have a passport until it was time to go on one these tours.

So there should be zero tolerance for complaining here by White men. After all the site is called Happier Abroad, if you are miserable at home, there's undoubtedly some MRA forum that will tolerate you're race filled rants of unfairness, claiming of victim status, etc.

After hours, days, months and years of research by THIS Black man, I say Brazil is ideal for several reasons. If you are a Black man interested in Black women, the closest country to you that has a sizable Black population is Dominican Republic. The brother that went to Brazil spent upwards of $4,000 on his two week trip. That is more expensive than it should have been especially since he took the time to learn Portuguese. I spent $5,000 and spent over 35 days in Europe.

Who got more value?

Now that should explain how some Black men price themselves out of visiting places. They will listen to other Black voices (only). According to my calculations $5,000 would give me six months in-country, doesn't matter where. Giving me everything I already have in America for those six months including broadband internet, cable TV, private furnished flat/apartment in a safe area. Not to mention cellphone service with plenty of data unlike the majority of the country which is pay as you go and have MB instead of GB data plans.

In any event, if you're a Black man is interested in non-Black women from Latin America, you could do worse than Brazil, the data backs this up. Data however does leave a bit of incomplete view of what is happening on the ground but hard data is hard to discount. A small sampling is not ideal and no indication of success or failure either, but I know from that small sampling that success is possible and that doing the easy thing is not always the best thing.

My overall view is this, instead of focusing like Blacks tend to do on those who don't like us for various reasons, turn that around and focus on those that enjoy your company and your presence. You will be reward for having a more positive few, negativity gets you no where fast and much more damaging to your health.

That's your PSA for today.