Virginity Test For Indonesian Police Women

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights, and Misandry (hatred of men in America).
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Re: Virginity Test For Indonesian Police Women

Post by RickyRetardo »

Jester wrote:(1) Some creatures don't move. Some living creatures don't think. Some living creatures don't feel. But ALL living creatures reproduce.
All species of living creatures reproduce, but not all individuals within a species reproduce.
It may not be the PURPOSE, but it is certainly a necessary part of the definition of what a living being is.
In that case, is a mule not alive?
Many living creatures die to reproduce. Bull elks fighting over a cow, salmon swimming upstream, praying mantis males screwing a killer female, grass going to seed, men defend women and women defend children. Men care for pregnant wives even while getting no sex.

So apparently, reproduction is for many species the prime directive.
Well, many living creatures will risk their lives to eat or drink, but that doesn't prove the purpose of human life is to eat and drink, although certainly eating and drinking are necessary parts of human life.
Let's get together and feel alright.
Gadfly
Freshman Poster

Post by Gadfly »

RickyRetardo wrote:
Gadfly wrote:It really comes down to one's moral beliefs. Both men and women have a purpose in this world, which is to create families. And the primary purpose of a job is to support a family.
I'm not sure you can prove what the "purpose" of human life is. It just seems like your idea that the purpose is to reproduce. However, I don't agree with it.
It's more than just reproduce. It's to teach children about God, religious morals, and virtues.

RickyRetardo wrote:
Gadfly wrote:Men traditionally did not have careers to "find themselves" or "boost their self-esteem." They had careers because it was their duty to have them. Otherwise their wives and children would starve. If men didn't have careers, not only their families, but society wouldn't exist.]
Well, for the majority of human existence we didn't have a capitalist system. We lived as hunter-gatherers, so the idea of "career" may not even apply that well; it might be an ill-fit for the past, come to think of it. How would you define "career", really?
Well, capitalist system or not, the point is that men worked to support their families, and it was no picnic for them.

"Career" is a modern term. Women especially like this word because it's very much an ego word. implied in the definition is a lot of personal identity, growth, and status issues.

RickyRetardo wrote:
Men are simply better suited for it. Women are naturally better suited in a supportive role, at home, and raising children. They are not suited for the office, which requires behavior alien (and ruinous) to their feminine instincts.
I'd like to see proof.
The fact is, men built societies. Men are and always will be leaders, with women in tow. All the professional career women could quit their jobs, be replaced by men, and the world would still run smoothly. The reverse scenario is not true. Professional jobs simply do not require women in the workforce at all. The fact that some women can do tasks as well, or even better, than some men doesn't mean that they should have careers anyway.
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

Gadfly wrote:
RickyRetardo wrote:
Gadfly wrote:It really comes down to one's moral beliefs. Both men and women have a purpose in this world, which is to create families. And the primary purpose of a job is to support a family.
I'm not sure you can prove what the "purpose" of human life is. It just seems like your idea that the purpose is to reproduce. However, I don't agree with it.
It's more than just reproduce. It's to teach children about God, religious morals, and virtues.
Does the soul of a child come into being as the woman is pregnant, or is the soul already in existence before the child is born?

Also, which conception of God is the correct one, and how do we know for certain whether something is virtuous?
Well, capitalist system or not, the point is that men worked to support their families, and it was no picnic for them.

"Career" is a modern term. Women especially like this word because it's very much an ego word. implied in the definition is a lot of personal identity, growth, and status issues.
Women also worked to support their families, not just men. Many women in hunter gatherer societies spend many hours fishing, gathering berries, and digging up roots. In some hunter gatherer societies women have been and still are active participants in hunting. One example is the Aeta people from the Philippines. In this tribe the women hunt the same game the men do, and this tribe has been successful for many generations.
The fact is, men built societies. Men are and always will be leaders, with women in tow.
I think it more likely that societies were built by both men and women. The average women historically in most cases has occupied a lower station than the average man, but it wouldn't be accurate to say that women had no place in the establishment of any society.
All the professional career women could quit their jobs, be replaced by men, and the world would still run smoothly. The reverse scenario is not true.
That's not a verifiable statement; it's conjecture.
The fact that some women can do tasks as well, or even better, than some men doesn't mean that they should have careers anyway.
Would you agree that if a woman is a great surgeon, she should nevertheless be prohibited from practicing surgery?
Gadfly
Freshman Poster

Post by Gadfly »

RickyRetardo wrote:
Gadfly wrote:
RickyRetardo wrote:
Does the soul of a child come into being as the woman is pregnant, or is the soul already in existence before the child is born?

Also, which conception of God is the correct one, and how do we know for certain whether something is virtuous?
I think your questions here point to a kind of fog that you allow yourself to get lost in, due to your pride.

Discovering the basic purpose of men and women is really not that hard to figure out. Again, it comes down to having moral beliefs. Otherwise, one gets caught up in endless questions that don't elicit meaningful answers but instead only distract, or invalidate. And that, I think, points to a spiritual problem.

RickyRetardo wrote: Women also worked to support their families, not just men. Many women in hunter gatherer societies spend many hours fishing, gathering berries, and digging up roots. In some hunter gatherer societies women have been and still are active participants in hunting. One example is the Aeta people from the Philippines. In this tribe the women hunt the same game the men do, and this tribe has been successful for many generations.
You've set up a straw man here. I never denied that women worked, or did their part. Your defense of tribal working women is beside the point.

We are talking about modern societies here, where work is done in very unnatural, highly rationalized systems. I argue that women do not belong in this work environment. They belong at home, in a supportive role raising the children.
RickyRetardo wrote:
The fact is, men built societies. Men are and always will be leaders, with women in tow.
I think it more likely that societies were built by both men and women. The average women historically in most cases has occupied a lower station than the average man, but it wouldn't be accurate to say that women had no place in the establishment of any society.
Well yes, women did their part. But men have always done the back-breaking, dangerous work of inventing, discovering, building, and maintaining everything around us today that make up modern society. The fact is women didn't do that, and they couldn't. They would be dead or starving in mud huts without men building and maintaining societies.
RickyRetardo wrote:
All the professional career women could quit their jobs, be replaced by men, and the world would still run smoothly. The reverse scenario is not true.
That's not a verifiable statement; it's conjecture.
Well, you can't really verify until after you do it. It's conjecture based on solid facts about the nature of men and women.
RickyRetardo wrote:
The fact that some women can do tasks as well, or even better, than some men doesn't mean that they should have careers anyway.
Would you agree that if a woman is a great surgeon, she should nevertheless be prohibited from practicing surgery?
If there were a man capable of doing the job equally well and available to replace her, yes.

If I were in charge, I would purge all the professions of women, no matter how competent they are. As long as there were men willing and capable to replace them.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

RickyRetardo wrote:Would you agree that if a woman is a great surgeon, she should nevertheless be prohibited from practicing surgery?
I would. If the females are competent, this is all the more reason to get them out of the workplace, as they are needed for breeding purposes. Having them work detracts from this and therefore lowers the competence of the population over time.
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

Gadfly wrote:I think your questions here point to a kind of fog that you allow yourself to get lost in, due to your pride.
I don't agree with you. I think they point to a philosophical mindset. Questioning is a good thing. The fact that you refuse to answer questions when pressed makes me feel that you're not actually interested in ~debating~ this issue; that your mind is made up and even if you were to be proven wrong, you would not change your mind.
Gadfly
Freshman Poster

Post by Gadfly »

RickyRetardo wrote:
Gadfly wrote:I think your questions here point to a kind of fog that you allow yourself to get lost in, due to your pride.
I don't agree with you. I think they point to a philosophical mindset. Questioning is a good thing. The fact that you refuse to answer questions when pressed makes me feel that you're not actually interested in ~debating~ this issue; that your mind is made up and even if you were to be proven wrong, you would not change your mind.
Well, I'm a Christian with firm beliefs. I've thought about this issue a long time now, probably for a lot longer than you have. So yes, my mind is made up, and I won't change it.

But then, I can say the same about you. Your pointless, meandering questions go nowhere. They only disguise the fact that your mind is already made up, and you won't change it.

You say that you disagree with me? Fine. But then you don't offer arguments in defense of your position. It's not clear that you even have a position. So when you accuse me of not being interested in debating, you're being dishonest.

Questioning might be a good thing, if one sincerely desires the truth. But I don't see that from you, to be honest.