Middle Schooler Suspended For Opening Door

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Kunold
Freshman Poster

Middle Schooler Suspended For Opening Door

Post by Kunold »

FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

Schools have become mini-police states, even worse ones than U.S. society at large. It's hardly any wonder that U.S. society is as paranoid and unfriendly as it is.

At least the kid didn't pull a girl's hair or kiss one on the cheek. He would have been arrested then.
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

As bad as this is, i can sort of understand that they are setting an example. It is a door locked to the outside. It's a security mechanism and there are cameras at all the doors so office personnel can see the people first before coming and opening the door for them, after the person rings a buzzer of course. The kid should have known better. If more kids started opening doors carelessly, who's to say that they might accidentally open it up to a shooter....or another unsavory type.

Police state? maybe. There's negatives and positives.

I recall going to school in my high school days...and having ALL the doors locked with a steel chain after initial attendance. Except for the main door which was always monitored by someone. Back in those days, it was to keep students from ditching :)
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

Zero Tolerance Policies: Are the Schools Becoming Police States?

http://www.rutherford.org/articles_db/c ... ord_id=697